Maruti's New Versa a.k.a Eeco, Now Driven!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even if they sell a 100 a month, they will be doing better than they are!
I think a concept of a three row vehicle is difficult to work out anyways ... the segment sees a lot of commercial use, and without diesel, it is a losing battle!!
But am seeing a lot of cabs in Delhi now ... modified Versas with just two rows of seats ... and there is a lot of leg room!!
-----------Next Post-----------
BTW, the pics ... modified roof ... it is a low roof now ... and you have seen the steering wheel before ... on Altos and Wagon Rs!!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #47

350Z

Core Team
Yes, Versas have started gradually becoming popular among Delhi Easy/Meru Cabs.
Diesel option may help to improve Versa's sale but how many individuals will opt for this, is still a question. MSIL also did a mistake by not offering diesel mills in Gypsy. What they are really upto?

Drive Safe,
350Z

not very different from the current model. I hope the K12 enine helps maruti sell more units.

As a cab driver, I would always opt for the cheaper car, which gives more mileage, and the truth is that the Omni is a lot more comfortable in the rear seat than the standard Versa!!

First maruti should decide what kind of customers its designing the car for?
If it for Family- I think people have many good looking optins availble in market though they are a bit expesive.
For cabbies- They already have omni serving this purpose. think it will be sold well in Metros since Omni wont be sold there due to enforcement of EuroIV norms.

nothing would help maruti sell this vehicle unless its sponks its 1.3 DDiS engine tweaked with 90 bhp.Petrol utility vehicles wont sell in our market crazy with diesel hearts inside their cars.

Maruti Plans to sell 40,000 Eecos in first year

Maruti Suzuki is targeting first year sales of about 40,000 units of Eeco, the new family van it plans to launch on January 7 2010 Auto Expo in New Delhi.

The C segment vehicle Eeco, specifically designed for the Indian market by the auto major, comes with a new, powerful and fuel efficient 1200 cc engine. This new engine being introduced for the first time delivers 73 bhp of raw power @ 6000 rpm, a high torque and meets the Bharat Stage IV emission norms. Maruti will announce the pricing of the new vehicle, which also comes with air-conditioning, at the forthcoming Auto Expo.

We aim to sell about 40,000 units in the first year, said Mr I.V.Rao, Managing Executive Officer, Engineering, at Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. The company has spent about Rs 60 crore on R&D in developing Eeco over the past two-and-a-half years, Mr Rao said. Maruti currently produces about 100-150 units of Eeco and has set up a different assembly line at its plant in Manesar. The company is targeting users of its other model Omni who plan to upgrade to a larger vehicle. Maruti currently sells about 80,000 units of OMNIs a year. About 25 per cent of the customers come back to buy Omni and we are targeting them, he said.

The new engine has incorporated various best features from its other series of petrol engines such as K and J series. At present, the company has launched the petrol version of Eeco and would look at CNG version going forward, Mr Rao said. Eeco delivers a mileage of 15.1 km per litre under standard conditions and has seating options of five and seven seaters.

Eeco is the fourth model from the Maruti stable to meet the BS IV emission norms ahead of the April 2010 deadline. The company plans to upgrade and make all other models such as Wagon R, Alto, SWIFT, Omni and Gypsy BSIV compliant by April 2010, Mr Rao said.

Extremely optimistic!!
I assume the 100~150 mentioned in the news item were per month figures ... That is not more than 2000 in a year ... a X 20 increase ...[thinking][shock]
I suspect the Omni is going to be discontinued soon, atleast in the EIV cities, and MSIL is hoping to catch these guys with the EECO.
Can but wait and watch for the miracle!!

I think they'll achieve their target in the first few months, if they market properly and have masked the versa resemblance. Rest will depend on the car's overall performance. The price should be about 4 lacs.

4 lacs ... I hope not!!
It is supposed to replace a 2 lac Omni ... I don't think it can get away with anything more that 2.9!!

4 lacs ... I hope not!!
It is supposed to replace a 2 lac Omni ... I don't think it can get away with anything more that 2.9!!
They just announced the price ... 2.59 lacs to 2.89 lacs.
As typical with MSIL, this is supposedly an introductory price.

Spectacular pricing, I must say, irrespective of what the vehicle looks like!!
You are getting 5 ~7 seats and a fuel efficient 1.2 lit engine for that price!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom