Maruti Zen Estilo Long Term Review - Pearl Silver LXi 2007, 69,000+ KMs

350Z

Core Team
You have nicely maintained her. Those interiors look as good as new. Shooting while driving was dangerous though. How much did the fire extinguisher cost?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #17
Did you get the original fog lamps?? the original Lumax ones??
No, they are not the orignal ones, company name is OCN and wiring needs to be done again as I am not comfortable with the quality of work at all [frustration]. Earlier they were attaching it with head lights without any switch to on or off the same. But later after seeing them preparing for it I categorically asked to provide a switch. Which they did but wiring is nothing but scary [cry].

What do you guys suggest, should I change the wiring ? Also suggest the brand for re-wiring ?

People from Delhi are requested to suggest a good place from where I would get it done again.

You nicely maintained her. Those interiors look as good as new. Shooting while driving was dangerous though. How much did the fire extinguisher cost?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for appreciating my ride.

Yes, you are right about shooting while driving but that road was completly empty.

Fire extinguisher costed either Rs. 1800/- or Rs. 2100/- rupees, I dont remember the actual cost.

350Z

Core Team
So guys, please suggest should I get wiring changed or not. Any recommended place in Delhi ?
Yes. Get the wiring replaced if you have concerns over their competence of work. Check out Karol Bagh car market. It has a range of branded accessories / spares.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fazer

Suspended
Very nice writeup Shailinder. Glad to know that the car is serving you faithfully. Wishing you many more, say 1 Lac, kms on your car.
Regarding the wiring, If you , by any chance, visit Faridabad (NCR Region), then go straight to "TIKONA PARK/TIKONA MARKET". It is a Car accessory market which has a lot of stuff for enthusiasts. If possible, visit the first shop, just at the side of the main gate at LHS (Alka Car Accessories). You can get branded wires, at a normal price (Not cheap. Dont go for cheap ones! They lack in quality), and the work is also admirable.

deville_56

Honoured Member
No, they are not the orignal ones, company name is OCN and wiring needs to be done again as I am not comfortable with the quality of work at all [frustration]. Earlier they were attaching it with head lights without any switch to on or off the same. But later after seeing them preparing for it I categorically asked to provide a switch. Which they did but wiring is nothing but scary.

What do you guys suggest, should I change the wiring ? Also suggest the brand for re-wiring ?
Any snaps of the unit?? How is the quality and looks and price?? I was looking for original Lumax, one dealer here and Vicky.in were saying it will cost only around 1k for a pair, but not in stock anywhere. I'm also looking for P220 projectors [evil], but everyone quoting sky-high price, used to be 250 a piece here, now minimum 1k. Inquired about Volvo B7R headlamp, had heart attack knowing the price, non-projector ones cost 7k a pair, they were Hella.

Dupes cost 450 to 800 here, but none got looks or quality.

If you are concerned about wiring get it changed. Finolex is the best brand available to me. Get Fuse with ceramic holder and a good horn relay. Then DIY [evil]

Mine was dealer fitment. They drew connection from cigarette lamp. No relay, thinnest possible wire, no fuse. Luckily nothing bad happened. When I upgraded 35W to 55W, the switch melted. Then I rewired everything, drew supply directly from battery.

Thread Starter #22
Very nice writeup Shailinder. Glad to know that the car is serving you faithfully. Wishing you many more, say 1 Lac, kms on your car.
Regarding the wiring, If you , by any chance, visit Faridabad (NCR Region), then go straight to "TIKONA PARK/TIKONA MARKET". It is a Car accessory market which has a lot of stuff for enthusiasts. If possible, visit the first shop, just at the side of the main gate at LHS (Alka Car Accessories). You can get branded wires, at a normal price (Not cheap. Dont go for cheap ones! They lack in quality), and the work is also admirable.
Thanks Fazer.

Faridabad would be quit far from my place (Vasant Vihar). But yes, if I plan to visit that area in future. I might visit that market. [:)]

Any snaps of the unit?? How is the quality and looks and price?? I was looking for original Lumax, one dealer here and Vicky.in were saying it will cost only around 1k for a pair, but not in stock anywhere. I'm also looking for P220 projectors , but everyone quoting sky-high price, used to be 250 a piece here, now minimum 1k. Inquired about Volvo B7R headlamp, had heart attack knowing the price, non-projector ones cost 7k a pair, they were Hella.

Dupes cost 450 to 800 here, but none got looks or quality.

If you are concerned about wiring get it changed. Finolex is the best brand available to me. Get Fuse with ceramic holder and a good horn relay. Then DIY

Mine was dealer fitment. They drew connection from cigarette lamp. No relay, thinnest possible wire, no fuse. Luckily nothing bad happened. When I upgraded 35W to 55W, the switch melted. Then I rewired everything, drew supply directly from battery.
Thanks Deville for the suggestion. DIY...nah. I do not think so I can or should do it. I generally do not play with the electricals of my ride. Because so many incidents had happened in past at least in Delhi/ NCR that due to some goof up by someone. Car met with an accident due to something failure somewhere or caught fire due to some lose or bad wiring. I am planning to detech the fog for now and would see to it once I return from my trip this week. [:)]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...elhi-8th-11th-jun-tentative-3.html#post168678

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Hello Friends,

Just wanted to update that my car has covered some 75K kms and yet to complete 5 years.

Last week I have changed by car speakers to JBL GT6-S699 300W 6'' X 9'.

I replaced my Sony X'Plodes because they were cracking very badly and dealer also suggested Rockford Fosgate speakers but I liked the performance of JBL better than RF.

I paid Rs. 3100/- with installation from a dealer in Palika Bhawan, Opp. Hyatt Hotel.

Would upload the real picture by week end. Now my car has six speakers, 4 at the doors at 2 at the tray. [:)]

Attachments

Top Bottom