Maruti Wagon-R Suddenly Halts on Road - Please Advice

Thread Starter #16
Hi friends, i took the car to the mechanic who diagnosed the problem of starter switches and self, put new switches and self, the car is not halting on the road however there is a new issue,i drive the car in the day and park it in the night, in the morning it wont start,seems like a battery is drained, there is no whrr sound while turning the keys ,called the mechanic who told that the battery is getting drained though the battery is new, it says there is some earthing issue which is minor, for past 2 days it is giving issue so i had to get the car pushed to start, after running for sometime, it does not give any problem and runs fine throughout , anyone who has faced similar issue, please advice, i am running it on cng mostly with ac on

Thread Starter #17
Previous owner hit a sharp stone at the bottom: Most probably he cracked open the oil sump, which would have lead to a the engine running dry (no oil) and running an engine without any oil even for a short distance is a very bad choice.
not to scar you, but just ask the owner about the over haul process, about what all work was done to it.

If it is missing any of the following, I would suggest you get them done at a later time.

• new head+gasket
  • conrods [this will be the main cause of any major damage, I've had some experience]
back on topic, if the car is running fine on petrol without the starter motor being replaced. Then I suggest you take the car back to where you got the LPG fitted and ask to them re-tune your car. won't be more than a couple of hundred rupees for a CNG re-tune.

I hope it helps.

thanks for your valuable feedback,the pre owner has done the total engine overhauled including the piston,crank etc,the engine is fine, i got the head repaied and the gaskette changed,self replaced, plugs replaced,the car seems the be running fine and is not halting on the road however it is not starting in the morning, called the mechanic who told me it is a minor electrical issue relating to battery ( which is new) ,altenator or earthing issue due to which it gets drained out

u said new starter swithch & self.
does self mean starter motor. the most the brushes in the motor go kaput, changing the brushes will do the job

by any chance are there rats in your parking place, they jus cut the wires and leads to earthing

Thread Starter #19
hey thanks,i showed it to the mech who checked the battery and foud 2 terminals were dead due to which the car wouldnt start in the morning,i changed the battery and the problem is resolved.

however there is another issue now i noticed, the milelage i am getting is pathetic out of petrol and cng, i think with petrol,the milage with ac is around 7-8 kms and with cng it is 10-12 kms only,the air filter was replaced 2 weeks back only, please advice the best stepts to increase the mileage and maintain,thanks in advancec

Top Bottom