Maruti Wagon-R Modifications - Need Help!

Thread Starter #1
My mother has a 2009 WagonR LXi. It has done 40,000 kms and now, it needs some new tyres. Alongwith it, I also plan to have some more upgrades. Can you guys please advise? Below are listed the modifications in priority.

1) Tyres: Obviously, that is why I'm taking the Waggy to the shop. After a discussion on TAI [here], I've decided to go in for 165/55 R13. Company not decided yet. Which is the best? My favourite is Michelin.

2) Power Windows: The LXi version doesn't come with power windows and now, I want to install them. If there is something like brand of power windows, please advise. And I need them on all four windows. What will be the cost? Any guesses?

3) Wiper blades: The default ones are useless. Plan to buy Bosch. Any suggestions?

4) Fog Lamps: I would like to install these two. Is there something like LED fog lamp? If there is, then I would like those.

5) Seat Covers: These are urgent. The default ones have started tearing already. I'll select those on my own. Only need some advise on the price.

6) Power Socket: I'll fit them on my own.

7) Steering wheel cover: I'll take care of that.

8) Chrome strips and pieces: I was wondering whether chrome strips are available. Would like to stick them at place like ORVMs, door handles, handbrake lever, etc... Any one who knows something about this.

9) The WagonR interiors look dull initially. I stuck some faux-wood like looking strips around the A/C vents and centre console, but the grey colour is still there. I am wondering if there is something like spraying the interiors with a new colour. If so, what will be the cost. Also need suggestions on the colour.

If there are any useful mods that anyone would like to recommend, then please. I don't want alloys as its my mother's car [understood, right?].

Thanks...

350Z

Core Team
1) Tyres: I've decided to go in for 165/55 R13. Company not decided yet. Which is the best? My favourite is Michelin.
Michelins are soft compound and therefore not the best for rough terrain. Bridgestone, Apollo and Yokohama are a few other respectable brands.

2) Power Windows: The LXi version doesn't come with power windows and now, I want to install them. If there is something like brand of power windows, please advise. And I need them on all four windows. What will be the cost? Any guesses?
Brands: Autocop and Minda. You might also consider buying from MGA but it will be expensive. Around Rs.10,000+ for the set of four.

3) Wiper blades: The default ones are useless. Plan to buy Bosch. Any suggestions?
Go ahead with Bosch. Check out this link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/6463-best-wiper-blade.html

4) Fog Lamps: I would like to install these two. Is there something like LED fog lamp? If there is, then I would like those.
Local fog lamps cost cheap (500 Bucks) but not recommended. Please check for some reliable brands or from Maruti Suzuki itself if the price difference isn’t much.

5) Seat Covers: These are urgent. The default ones have started tearing already. I'll select those on my own. Only need some advise on the price.
Do consider Autoform. It should cost less than Rs.5,000 for artificial leather.

8) Chrome strips and pieces: I was wondering whether chrome strips are available. Would like to stick them at place like ORVMs, door handles, handbrake lever, etc... Any one who knows something about this.
It’s available on local accessories stores. Personally I don’t like too much aftermarket chrome and recommend to avoid them.

9) The WagonR interiors look dull initially. I stuck some faux-wood like looking strips around the A/C vents and centre console, but the grey colour is still there. I am wondering if there is something like spraying the interiors with a new colour. If so, what will be the cost. Also need suggestions on the colour.
I have seen some aftermarket conversion of black interiors into beige. No idea about the pricing.

If there are any useful mods that anyone would like to recommend, then please.
Upload some pictures of the car so that we advice modifications depending on the condition.

Drive Safe,
350Z

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hope you are running steel rims. Then this 55 profile won't fit without rim change, with alloys, no issue. Consider 165/60 too. I suggest Michelin XM1, never imagined a tyre could change a cars handling and braking like this, feels razor sharp. I regret for not buying them.

Maruti genuine fog lamp would cost around 900 per side at MGP outlet. Don't waste money on local stuff. Always get the part and installed by Maruti or outside guy. Maruti SVCs do sell fake stuffs. I got a cheap crap after paying the price for original. Same 900-rupee stuff cost 3400 for set at Maruti workshop. Place order at MGP outlet. Since you are from Triandrum, there are 2 of them within city limits.

Branded seat covers are priced tad high in Trivandrum compared to Kollam. This Autofoam cost only 2.8k in Kollam (Aneesh Satheendran got them) compared to around 5k in Trivandrum. You can get custom ones of good quality from Channel Accessories in Ulloor (subsidary of Car Palace) if you can find good branded stuffs or if you find them overpriced.

I suggest, stay off from crap chromes.

Thread Starter #4
350Z,

First of all, thanks for the advice.

Some doubts:
Is the Rs.5000 you said for artificial leather for one seat or both front seats?

And about the chrome, I'll try to avoid them.

And one more question, how do they install the power window switches? And can I change the ORVMs too? If so, what will they cost?

deville,

Thanks to you also.

I don't want to change the rims. If at all my mother hears something like rims, alloys, etc... she wouldn't let me take the car to the shop. She might as well drive it until it gets completely bald.

There is a huge difference in the prices, isn't it? I am wondering if there is any difference in the quality, since that is some pricing.

Last edited:
suzuki wagon r

hey people,

can anyone suggest me what all modifications can be made in wagon r.

It can be both interior or exterior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re

Get bosch.I have bosch in my car now,Costed me 270rs for a set including 2 blades.See it HERE.

I got it for 3200rs,Not 2800rs.[:)]
Click HERE for pics.

6) Power Socket: I'll fit them on my own.
Just bought one from ebay and fixed it myself,Cost was 125rs. [:D] See HERE.

Last edited:
Mesh grill

How much does an oem WagonR front grill cost(2010 Kseries)?I intend to do a mesh grill for my wagonR bunt dont want to mess up my original stock grill?
Can anybody throw some light here?

Note to moderators:move the post to appropriate thread if needed.

Top Bottom