Maruti Wagon-R K Series Steering Wheel Problems

Thread Starter #1
Steering Vibrates in Maruti WagonR K10

Hi all,

I have a 2010 WagonR(k10) which has run about 9k kilometers.It had some problem with its power steering that it was heavy and had no return so after so many complaints from my part my service centre at last accepted my complaint and they replaced the whole steering assembly under warranty.Now although its feel much lighter a new problem has arised.

When i turn my steering wheel to either sides( more when turned to left) on parked condition I can feel unusual vibration accompanied with humming sound which lasts for few seconds and then diminishes.it reoccurs every now and then [confused].Acceleration has no effect on this vibration as i tried accelerating and listening for the sound then also same vibration was felt on the steering wheel.When the steering is straight(i.e not turned) no vibration can be felt .I cant make it out when my car is running.

Why this happens?any solutions.What are the major causes?

Hi guys, I think its the time for me to update this thread.
I have been complaining about the heavy steering of my 2010 WagonR kseries from the date of purchase.At last, after so many complaints both to the dealer and Maruti,they replaced my whole steering column(this time including the motor ) last week under warranty and now it is a lot lighter.Now the steering has return too.[:D]Now there is no problem with the steering including noise and vibrations which i felt earlier.
They said it was a manufacturing defect with the previous power steering assembly.
But sadly it took almost two years for them to accept the complaint[confused].

Last edited:

Top Bottom