Maruti Wagon-R Duo (2007) Suddenly Stops Driving in Petrol Mode

Thread Starter #1
Hello,
My WagonR fitted with LPG and Petrol purchased in 2007 Jan suddenly stops while driving on the road. I am a bit shocked that this is happening on a car produced by a reputed manufacturer like Maruti.
This can be dangerous to the occupants of the car if this happens on a crowded road..Very very disappointed that this is happening.

After the car is stopped for 30-40 minutes it again starts.
This has happened twice before however yesterday it did not start even after 30-40 minutes of waiting. It was very hot in the afternoon at about 3pm. After travelling for about 1km I stopped to purchase something. The car then restarted but after travelling about 50 meters it suddenly stopped while driving.

I waited for about 40 minutes and tried to restart but it did not work this time. There is no battery problem as its a very new battery and I could hear the car being cranked but yet did not start ...seemed as if the engine was not getting fuel.

Also there was no coolant issue the temp gauage was at the center.
The car is well maintained and has hardly run 50000KMs (fifty thousand) all these years

I then called the mechanic to have a look at it. He tried a lot but was unable to get it started...Finally he started the car by hotwiring the cable running below the RHS of the back passenger seat. Pl see photograph. It shows the location although the wires are below and not seen in this picture.

Once we took it to the garage the mechanic did a lot of examination and checks and concluded that an electronic component (approximately 12 cm by 8 com by 2 cm) in front of the passenger seat in the front had failed. It was not passing on the current ..We opened up the box and took a lot at the wiring etc inside. Everything looked fine...there were no carbon deposits and no burnt marks inside.

Please see photograph of this component.

I am unable to understand ...How could the component that was not working after several hours of attempts to start it failed ...How did it suddenly start working when the car was started by hot wiring the cables at the back..

The mechanic is a smart guy I think but I am not sure if this is the root cause of the issue...It seems that something is becoming hot after driving around and it fails after sometime...When it cools the car re-starts. Can someone please explain and throw more light on this issue. Best Wishes...

There are two reasons for stalling of engine.Either because there is not any fuel to ignite, or because it lacks the electrical charge to ignite it. Wagon R 2007 is a MPFI engine.In fuel injected engines, cold stalling can also be caused by conditions that upset the air/fuel mixture. This includes vacuum leaks or unaccounted air entering the intake manifold downstream of the airflow sensor, a faulty throttle position, oxygen sensor, dirty fuel injectors, or low fuel pressure to the injectors (weak fuel pump, faulty fuel pressure regulator or restricted fuel filter).Take the car to a MASS and use an OBD reader to correctly find the solution.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your reply...They seem to be likely causes..
Something is getting hot and when it cools down the engine starts again.
However one question to your views...How did hotwiring the wires of the fuel pump
that lie below the mat under the RHS back passenger seat start the engine again
It seemed to me that no fuel was going to the engine...when I was trying to crank it
Could something be wrong with the fuel pump...DId it stop because it got too hot..

Why did the fuel pump require hot wiring...Is the mechanic right in saying that the
electronic part did not deliver the current to the fuel pump?
How did this part that was giving so much problem just an hour ago start working
once the fuel pump started working...I started and stopped the car several times afterwards and it always started again..
I think there is no problem with the electronic part but mechanic insists its faulty and
its not sending the current to the fuel pump...
He may be right because hotwring the fuel pump did the job
I have been thinking about this issue the last 2 days and am not really clear as to what is happening..
Frankly I am afraid to take it to a MASS ..It may turn out to be a costly affair..
Honestly I am really unhappy that a reputed manufacturer's car is facing such dangerous issues...

The fuel tank was 90% full fyi
Please see the pictures which I forgot to send....What is this electronic part called
Its factory fitted and unfortunately even the dealer was not able to identify it...

I forgot to add the pictures yesterday...Here they are for your scrutiny...Hope you can see them now...Thanks once again for your reply..

Attachments

Now i am facing the same problem now, its stop in middle of the road, after i move the car to side of the road, after 10 or 20 min try starts its start working, 3 times i got this problem. then i put 1 lit engine oil in the engine and after its restarts in 2 minutes instead of 20minutes. i think this because of engine related problem also the pickup is very poor. anyone know about this kindly reply

I'm facing same problem facing also Mr.Ssatyakiran

Anybody found any solution for this?

LPG/petrol switch is ok.
Injector emmulator is ok.
Fuel pump relay is ok.
When fuel pump supply disconnected after engine hot .
On relay coil wire ( pink with white line ) not show ground.

Last edited:

Top Bottom