Maruti To Ramp Up Swift's Production

Thread Starter #1
NEW DELHI: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (MSIL) on Wednesday said it would increase the production of Swift hatchback and its sedan Dzire at its two facilities at Gurgaon and Manesar to cut its waiting period for customers.

The country's largest car manufacturer is also planning to introduce at least three variants of its existing models that include a diesel variant of its premium sedan SX4, besides its luxury sedan Kizashi in 2011.

MSIL is planning to shift the entire assembly of its Dzire to the Gurgaon plant by mid-2011. “Our plan is to fully shift Dzire to Gurgaon and Swift to Manesar to enhance productivity.

The shifting of assembly of Dzire will take place by July next year and that of Swift will take place in future,” MSIL Managing Executive Officer (Production) M. M. Singh told journalists here. He, however, did not disclose that by how much the production of these two popular models would be increased.

At present, MSIL manufactures about 10,000 units of Dzire and 12,000 units of Swift a month, which have a waiting period of four to five months.

Maruti Suzuki's other models also have waiting period that include Ritz and multi-purpose vehicle Eeco.

Mr. Singh also said MSIL would launch an upgraded variant of Swift by 2011-end, while the diesel variant of premium sedan SX4 with a 1.3 litre turbo-charged engine would be rolled out early next year.

It is also planning to launch its luxury sedan Kizashi early next year, which could be assembled at the Gurgaon facility depending on the demand. The company will also be considering a diesel variant of its proposed multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) ‘rIII', which is scheduled to hit the roads in 2012.

According to MSIL Managing Director Shinzo Nakanishi “with de-bottlenecking of operations, the carmaker is aiming to produce 10-lakh units each at its Gurgaon and Manesar facilities in future. We have already ramped up production by about 10 per cent to nearly 1.10-lakh units every month from October this year, taking its total annual output to 13-lakh units in 2011-12.”

MSIL is expecting up to 30 per cent sales jump in the domestic market during this financial year.

“We are expecting domestic sales growth of 28-30 per cent in this fiscal. Last fiscal, we sold about 8.7-lakh units,” said MSIL Managing Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) Mayank Pareek.

The company had already announced an investment of over Rs.3,625 crore to set up two new plants with 2.50-lakh annual capacities each inside its Manesar facility.

Source:Hindu

I hope they do so because when we bought our swift, we had to wait for whole two months. I am sure some people don't buy swift and prefer i10/figo because of this waiting period.

I hope they do so because when we bought our swift, we had to wait for whole two months. I am sure some people don't buy swift and prefer i10/figo because of this waiting period.
When I enquired for Swift VDi with ABS in Popular TVM, they said I have to wait for a whopping 7 months!! So I left the idea to buy a swift and finalised on Punto 90hp.

Good move by Maruti Suzuki. I am sure with lesser waiting periods the sales of Swift and Dzire will further increase.

The new version of Swift would be available only by the end of 2011 !! that is quite a wait. Basically it is almost a year and half after the global launch!! So again India is used as a dumping yard by selling outdated versions.

India deserved new version of Swift along with the European countries this year. After all Swift has found a predominant success in India which in turn has increased Suzuki's market share and presense as well. So i fail to understand this double standard! Do we have to wait so long to get our due! [anger]

Swift has been in the market for 5years now and the Dzire for 3years. MSIL realise that they have to ramp up production now?

I guess they would be gearing up to launch the new Swift before 2011 end so that they can sell the old and new Swift's and Dzire's side by side.

Re: Maruti to ramp up production of Swift

@Umang, thanks for the clarification. Earlier in the original article it was mentioned -
Mr. Singh also said MSIL would launch an upgraded variant of Swift by 2011-end,

Its a real good news if new Swift is launched soon. Btw here is the Swift Global website. Intersted people can take a glimpse about the engine specifications, photo gallery etc - New Swift:Gallery | Global Suzuki

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Maruti to ramp up production of Swift

anytime buddy and good link. i think new swift is already on sale in other countries?? is it so??

Top Bottom