Maruti Swift vs Ford Figo

Buddy make it clear. Where there is a turbo there will be turbo lag, only the question is how much, upto what rpm?

Turbo and turbo lag can't be separated from each other.
Vivek buddy , I agree that we're there is turbo there is turbo lag how much it is depends .
In my reading so far and what I have driven Nissan micRa , Renault pulse and ford figo the turbo lag is controlled very very well .
In punto I loved the car only in high speeds were as in city driving I found micRa , beat , pulse and figo much easier to drive hope iam clear here [:)]
My point here is simple figo looks dated compared to swift , but offers much more then swift that is space , good boot space , most IMP abs , airbags at the price of swift vdi which has none compared to the titanium figo .

Cool buddy great that you cleared but let me assure you no 1 got annoyed or anything atleast I was a bit shocked to see that comment specially from a good knowledgeable unbaised auto lover like you [:)]
Well at times it becomes difficult to express exactly what we feel isn't it ?happens with me too [:)]
Figo has everything like handling, safety, brakes, cornering capability, space, etc.. better than that of swift's. Looks are only better in swift.

I too agree, its better to leave katrina, for all other better stuff available in figo.
With the amount of praises for the Figo, I guess I have driven a bad maintained Figo. The one I had driven had 70,000 Kms and was sounding like a Tractor (seriously a Tractor!, I am very much experienced in driving Tractor Indica, hehehe...). Yes, the Swift with its puny tyres is not the best handling one, but the new Swift has taken it miles ahead in terms of asthetics and performance. Certainly what you guys said the VFM factor is with Figo.

P.S: I better be out of here, another reply from me and someone will bang on my head for Figo disgrace(my bad luck with the car I drove).[lol]

Last edited:
Vivek buddy , I agree that we're there is turbo there is turbo lag how much it is depends .
In my reading so far and what I have driven Nissan micRa , Renault pulse and ford figo the turbo lag is controlled very very well .
In punto I loved the car only in high speeds were as in city driving I found micRa , beat , pulse and figo much easier to drive hope iam clear here [:)]
My point here is simple figo looks dated compared to swift , but offers much more then swift that is space , good boot space , most IMP abs , airbags at the price of swift vdi which has none compared to the titanium figo .
I agree with you buddy any completely with you[glasses].

With the amount of praises for the Figo, I guess I have driven a bad maintained Figo. The one I had driven had 70,000 Kms and was sounding like a Tractor (seriously a Tractor!, I am very much experienced in driving Tractor Indica, hehehe...). Yes, the Swift with its puny tyres is not the best handling one, but the new Swift has taken it miles ahead in terms of asthetics and performance. Certainly what you guys said the VFM factor is with Figo.

P.S: I better be out of here, another reply from me and someone will bang on my head for Figo disgrace(my bad luck with the car I drove).[lol]
Buddy swift is selling just because of its good looks and borrowed engine, otherwise there is nothing in the car which can attract any prospective buyer having any knowledge about car's handling, safety, braking, cornering capability, etc. I am highly disappointed about its braking capability which is a primary and basic safety equipment.

Top Bottom