Maruti Swift vs Ford Figo

I find swift very good but in terms of looks, engine, short through gear box and gear ratios only, otherwise its figo, which is a winner hands down in all other departments, when compared to swift/dezire. Though never driven a figo but have driven swift and dezire.

I wouldn't buy either of them reasons are

Swift is just a good looks package and nothing else.

Figo has dated looks along with old gen engine.

You have compared a tractor with a car.[lol] Definitely Swift it is, it hammers the Figo down thousand feets under its lovely asthetics and performance.

You have compared a tractor with a car.[lol] Definitely Swift it is, it hammers the Figo down thousand feets under its lovely asthetics and performance.
what ever tractor is a tractor and car is definitely a car,

swift cant do the job a tractor does; both has its own advantage and disadvantage
u can drive a tractor on road and village murky mud grain growing lands, but no one tried the same with their lamborgini

FIGO with all safety features is cheaper than the swift with same safety features

no am not a formula 1 driver to calculate 0 to 60 or 0 to 100 at how many seconds, am just a common man who looks for a stable safe enjoyable journey .... figo fits it and even swift too but at more cost.

aesthetics looks and likings differs from person to person, for the sake of safety, driving pleasure, stability and acceptable mileage i can simply sacrifice the katrina kaif [swift] for my eyes only beauty [figo]

Last edited:
Sir why you feel figo a tractor compared to the swift ?
Swift no doubt is a handsome car but in the same price of the swift vdi in fact a little less I get a figo with music system , abs , airbags good handlying , good driving pleasure and comparable fuel economy .
I agree choice can be subjective but in no stretch of imagination I find the figo tractor compared to the swift .

In my point of view, Except ground clearance, I feel everything is good in Figo when compare to swift.

Figo has good boot space, rear leg room and safety features with low price when compare to swift.

Sir why you feel figo a tractor compared to the swift ?
Swift no doubt is a handsome car but in the same price of the swift vdi in fact a little less I get a figo with music system , abs , airbags good handlying , good driving pleasure and comparable fuel economy .
I agree choice can be subjective but in no stretch of imagination I find the figo tractor compared to the swift .
I do have the same opinion. Swift is a car which is truly successful in almost all aspects. But when it comes to VFM hatch Ford Figo TDCi Titanium would be the winner. But the nothing more nothing less design in no ways has the resemblance of a tractor.[:)]

In my point of view, Except ground clearance, I feel everything is good in Figo when compare to swift.

Figo has good boot space, rear leg room and safety features with low price when compare to swift.
+1. The ground clearance and the lack of power windows in the rear seats is the only problem.
Hope Ford would rectify/add both of them in the facelift and make it more VFM.

Figo as a tractor comparison is not correct. Of course it is a good car and comes with good package, but this ground clearance, OK I will call its soft suspension makes hitting it lot of places on the read with a small speed breaker. Addition to this, Ford service bills are more expensive than Swift[:)]

Figo as a tractor comparison is not correct. Of course it is a good car and comes with good package, but this ground clearance, OK I will call its soft suspension makes hitting it lot of places on the read with a small speed breaker. Addition to this, Ford service bills are more expensive than Swift[:)]
Gurralla sorry figo a.s.s and parts are cheaper then swift want evidence ? Go to ay ford showroom they have displayed a huge board where price of parts and everything related to a.a.a is compared with vista and swift .

Sorry Guys, looks like my comment has created chaos here. I did'nt meant to put Figo down although my comment does appear to say so. What I did say was only related to engine, I found Figo downrightly slow and sluggish in acceleration when compared to Swift, the engine sounds tome like Tractor and hence the term "Tractor took birth". But, how the hell I wrote it![frustration]

@Raja,

Please consider a big turbolag in Figo with 2nd gear. Also I have first hand information about it spares. as we are three of friends who bought swift,figo,ritz at the same and keep exchanging everything cars and discussion !!

@Raja,

Please consider a big turbolag in Figo with 2nd gear. Also I have first hand information about it spares. as we are three of friends who bought swift,figo,ritz at the same and keep exchanging everything cars and discussion !!
First time I heard figo has turbo lag . Are sure turbo lag you are talking is about figo and not punto ?can you provide the service cost for certain Kms for both figo and swift iam now really interested to know . Because my 2 freinds have figo and swift and the story is a bit differnt .

Sorry Guys, looks like my comment has created chaos here. I did'nt meant to put Figo down although my comment does appear to say so. What I did say was only related to engine, I found Figo downrightly slow and sluggish in acceleration when compared to Swift, the engine sounds tome like Tractor and hence the term "Tractor took birth". But, how the hell I wrote it![frustration]
Cool buddy great that you cleared but let me assure you no 1 got annoyed or anything atleast I was a bit shocked to see that comment specially from a good knowledgeable unbaised auto lover like you [:)]
Well at times it becomes difficult to express exactly what we feel isn't it ?happens with me too [:)]

What I did say was only related to engine, I found Figo downrightly slow and sluggish in acceleration when compared to Swift, the engine sounds tome like Tractor and hence the term "Tractor took birth". But, how the hell I wrote it![frustration]
Where would you use those horses when your cart can't handle them properly. If its performance its figo anyday hands down.

The above statement is only valid if you value your life and still wanna have fun on the road.
Figo has everything like handling, safety, brakes, cornering capability, space, etc.. better than that of swift's. Looks are only better in swift.

I too agree, its better to leave katrina, for all other better stuff available in figo.

First time I heard figo has turbo lag . Are sure turbo lag you are talking is about figo and not punto ?
Buddy make it clear. Where there is a turbo there will be turbo lag, only the question is how much, upto what rpm?

Turbo and turbo lag can't be separated from each other.

First time I heard figo has turbo lag . Are sure turbo lag you are talking is about figo and not punto ?can you provide the service cost for certain Kms for both figo and swift iam now really interested to know . Because my 2 freinds have figo and swift and the story is a bit differnt .
Yes, Raja I am talking about Figo.

I will try to get that info, as my two friends are always busy and hope they keep their service bills with them as a habit[:)]

Top Bottom