Maruti Swift VDi - 20 Months / 20,000 Kms Review

350Z

Core Team
Welcome back to TAI, Shonty. You’re a big time NFS fan. Isn’t it? I also remember your thread about the “Rally Alto” which was modified with the same passion as your Swift. Sunlight Copper is rare sight on the Swift, but it looks really nice. We have another passionate owner to accompany you on board (Thetraveller) who also owns the Swift in same colour I think. Anyways nice write up and beautiful pictures, do keep us updated in the future. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19
Dude one more suggestion; Paint your headlight housing black. It will look super cool..
I thought so. Will see to it.

mate thats a really amazing ride how do you maintain its shine?
Thankyou mate. I use formula 1 wax shampoo + formula 1 polish[:)]

Welcome back to TAI, Shonty. You’re a big time NFS fan. Isn’t it? I also remember your thread about the “Rally Alto” which was modified with the same passion as your Swift. Sunlight Copper is rare sight on the Swift, but it looks really nice. We have another passionate owner to accompany you on board (Thetraveller) who also owns the Swift in same colour I think. Anyways nice write up and beautiful pictures, do keep us updated in the future.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thankyou 350Z. I will keep updating. Got a call from the service center for the 4th paid service (20000km) on 20th October. Excited but worried about the costs etc[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
great pics and review shonty..kudos!! your alloys look great. are you planning for more major mods??

Great job there on keeping the car in such lovely form Shonty! Really loved looking at it. I would go with gears1313, black out the headlight housing. It will add more oomph!

Anyway many congratulations on keeping it like that[:)]

Some people cant judge me properly & feel that my love for a piece of machinery is useless, but i know how i am connected to this set of wheels that is very important in my daily life.
I always say look after your car well & it shall look after you!.I have seen people using there cars like rally toys & not giving them for service & paying the price
among which are wheels flying off in the middle of the night on a long journey(friends swift vdi),batteries failing in the middle of the night,engines falling off there mounts & resting on the gearbox so that your stuck in 2nd gear(friend & rally enthusiast esteem) & this was in the middle of the night,its like car takes revenge on you :)

I saw this swift vdi at maruthi which was from Andhra,the engineers told me the car is serviced on schedule from day one & the car is still running strong.

Anyways a little thing I do in my swift,since you have two trip metres A&B
A is zeroed when I fill up so i can calculate the efficiency
B is zeroed when I fill air to the tires so I know how many kms its been since i checked the air

Thread Starter #25
Great job there on keeping the car in such lovely form Shonty! Really loved looking at it. I would go with gears1313, black out the headlight housing. It will add more oomph!

Anyway many congratulations on keeping it like that
Thanks a lot bro. Hmm well i think the same about the headlight housing. will see it as soon as i get time[:)]

A tuning kit(like petes) or bilstein suspension or a remus catback or even cross drilled disc brakes
That's what he has in mind.
Oh lol. Well i too think about these mods & they sound really tempting. But i think its practical to wear out the stuff on the car first, then i can think about better suspension. the brakes!! I am really trying to source someone in Indore who can convert my stock discs into drilled ones. As my friend Amey told me once, that it can be done. The petes kit is really expensive & i think 75bhp is enough for driving in city here, as some areas have bad roads & a lot of traffic! Remus catback... hehe i am not sure :suspect:

I always say look after your car well & it shall look after you!.I have seen people using there cars like rally toys & not giving them for service & paying the price
among which are wheels flying off in the middle of the night on a long journey(friends swift vdi),batteries failing in the middle of the night,engines falling off there mounts & resting on the gearbox so that your stuck in 2nd gear(friend & rally enthusiast esteem) & this was in the middle of the night,its like car takes revenge on you :)

I saw this swift vdi at maruthi which was from Andhra,the engineers told me the car is serviced on schedule from day one & the car is still running strong.

Anyways a little thing I do in my swift,since you have two trip metres A&B
A is zeroed when I fill up so i can calculate the efficiency
B is zeroed when I fill air to the tires so I know how many kms its been since i checked the air
Agree with you buddy. Have seen a lot of such friends having such problems & cursing their own car for the same. If you love your machine, the machine loves you back ;)
Nice thought about the trip meters. I use only A though. I get air checked in every 10 days however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #26
Hi guys. Finally got sometime for the pending 20000km service. Am at the service center now & the tech guy just took my car & gave me an estimate of 7k!! I will collect the car in the evening, check the final bill & then will scan & post it. I hope this is not a ripoff!

Hi guys. Finally got sometime for the pending 20000km service. Am at the service center now & the tech guy just took my car & gave me an estimate of 7k!! I will collect the car in the evening, check the final bill & then will scan & post it. I hope this is not a ripoff!
Have you or others any time cross checked that the estimate by the service person always bang on target [confused]. If he is giving you an estimate then possibility is either it should increase or decrease but that never happens. At least I have not seen that.

Now I am thinking, whether the estimation is for us or for the billing clerk to screw us [lol]

Thread Starter #28
Lets see buddy, although i have double checked everything. The cost of the consumables etc. He has informed me that the job will be complete by 4pm. Here is a pic i took of the car undergoing engine flushing.

IMG20111021_001.jpg

Have you or others any time cross checked that the estimate by the service person always bang on target [confused]. If he is giving you an estimate then possibility is either it should increase or decrease but that never happens. At least I have not seen that.

Now I am thinking, whether the estimation is for us or for the billing clerk to screw us [lol]
I follow this practice, if it is a routine service, I generally understand how much the bill would come out to be. In case there are additional items, I always check quotes for individual changes and then make the quote to them. If you take the estimate from them, they will always bill you to it [:)]

Dude believe me I have been charged mostly all the times for unnecessary things such as Tail Lamp Bulb; etc. Though that is a silly thing to comment but it hurts when they charge unnecessarily around 60rs for that bloody bulb; after that they add 12.5% tax to it; then I don't know exactly they add labour charge or no. After noticing this for 3times; the next time I went for the routine service, while handing over them the car I made them check all the lights are working and all so that they don't simply increase the bill. [roll]
Also make a point to tell them in advance to call us before changing any thing other than the problems mentioned by us.

Top Bottom