Maruti Swift - Front Shocker Trouble

Thread Starter #1
I am creating a new thread as I could not find anything relevant.

I own a M Swift VXI 2006 make, which keeps on having front shocker issues.

Problem - Whenever the car goes over any sudden bump of or greater than certain height or depth (and that too not a big bump), it gives a 'cut' or 'thud' sound. This is more pronounced from the Left hand side but is present at both ends.

I have tried to explain it to A.S.S. guys, but after small elementary changes like shocker oil or some small part connecting the coil spring (dont remember the name) to body, the problem keeps on coming back.

This sound becomes more prominent in winters or just after the car is started. After driving for around 20-30 mins, the prob reduces but never goes away.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this sound? Any experts please![confused]

How many Km's covered. Is it stock tyre or you had an upgrade ?? Sound only coming while on rough road or it increases while turning only ?

If you have done 60-65 K you can very well go for complete change and sell off the old part.

Thread Starter #3
Have done around 55K. Tyres have been changed to new stock tyres 5K back. Tyres are sitting on stock rims only.

The sound comes more on bumps and only when crossed at certain speed. If it is slow then there is no noise except for normal shocker/suspension sound!

did you checked space between shocker and body . spring might be hitting body when you go rough road just guess i am making . I think there are some pad or something between spring and body to stop spring from hitting body it might have cracked something .

Problem - Whenever the car goes over any sudden bump of or greater than certain height or depth (and that too not a big bump), it gives a 'cut' or 'thud' sound. This is more pronounced from the Left hand side but is present at both ends.
Are you sure that it is the shocker noise? I mean, the thud noise while moving over deep pot whiles may be a noise due to the under body hit.

Thread Starter #6
I am not 100% sure, but the sound does come from the area where suspension are placed. It can not be under body hit as I don't go over bumps of such size where underbody can be scratched.

The sound is very distinct and can be made out when the front wheels go over.

I will be going to get it checked to see if the spring is hitting the body. If nothing comes out, might have to go for an overhaul!

I don't think it is because of suspension.

Check complete steering system. Probably strut bolt is loose / steering damper is loose - initial swifts had minor issue of steering system.

AMG

Suspended
Dude there is no word called "shocker"

I guess you were referring to either the suspension as a whole, or to the shock absorber.

@AMG strange if you go to service centre and ask them they will say it shocker atleast in Toyota and Hyundai people say don't know about others ASS

Top Bottom