Maruti Suzuki Young Driver Contest

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki Young Driver Contest is here again! Some of you might be knowing about the Young Driver Contest which is organized by Maruti Suzuki and was conducted last year as well, The winner is awarded with a Maruti Suzuki A-Star and become Ambassador of Safe Driving Promoted by Autocar India for an year. The contest has total 3 phases :

Phase 1:

Participants who have registered on www.youngdriver.in can take the Online Theory Test in the form of a quiz. They will be tested on their knowledge of traffic rules, awareness of road safety & driving dos and donts. The contestants will be selected on the basis of the highest scores and time taken for completing the quiz. The last date for the round is 25th February 2010. Contestants who make it to the next round will be intimated via e-mail or SMS.

Phase 2:

The Simulator Tests will be conducted from 1st March 2010 to 13th March 2010 at 15 (tentatively) of the Maruti Driving Schools located across the country. The selected contestants can take their simulator tests at a nearest Maruti Driving School as per the availability of date and time. The top 30 contestants who get maximum marks on their Simulator Test round and a practical round of Parking ability will be qualified to progress into the Grand Finale.

Phase 3:

On 20th March 2010, 30 finalists from across the country will be flown in to Delhi for the Grand Finale. During this stage of evaluation that will be held at the driving course of Institute of Driving Training and Research (IDTR), New Delhi there will be an actual Driving Test under the supervision of Maruti Driving School’s driving instructors and judges from Autocar India. Drivers will be evaluated on various parameters such as smoothness, vehicle control and presence of mind during emergency situations

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

WoW, so Young Driver is back again. A great initiative by MSIL & ACi, I tried it last year but didn't passed. [embarass] Maruti should have changed award as another car now, like Ritz, SX4 etc, It will appeal more and look attractive. maybe a-star is not doing good in india so they are just trying to ramm it onto the people by one or another way!! [;)]

Wow lets see how many good drivers we really have! Am also sure i wont pass!![lol]

Maybe the Swift would have been a fitting price , but maybe what Umang mentioned is also right!!

WoW, so Young Driver is back again. A great initiative by MSIL & ACi, I tried it last year but didn't passed. [embarass] Maruti should have changed award as another car now, like Ritz, SX4 etc, It will appeal more and look attractive. maybe a-star is not doing good in india so they are just trying to ramm it onto the people by one or another way!! [;)]
Never look a gift horse in the mouth!!
If someone is giving me an Omni for free, I will still take it!!

oh!! lot of A-star haters here ??

Great to know that.

I have registered for the same & awaiting for confirmation.

Lets see how many of TAIians make it this year ?

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
MYDC - Stage II

No updates Zinam? The second stage of contest has begin:

The Maruti Suzuki-Autocar Young Driver 2010 is on. The contest that opened on 1st Feb 2010 is already at its second stage.This year there are over 50 percent more contestants vying for the big prize and over 20,000 tests were taken online. And the contestants came from all across India – from Aizwal to Pathankot to Kandla and Trichi. And the girls did not lag behind either with many proving to be as skilled as the boys. The tests have become definitely tougher and this year nobody could score a cent percent unlike last year.

The first stage ended on 27th Feb and 2443 lucky contestants have moved up to the second stage where they will have to display their driving skills on driving simulators and then get behind the wheel of a real car. The overwhelming response this year has led to the contest now reaching out to 33 Maruti Driving schools in 22 cities across the country. That’s double the number of cities from last year when 11 cities hosted the second stage.
The second stage ends on 21 March 2010 and 30 of the best will proceed to the third and final stage at New Delhi on 29 March to compete for the crown of Maruti Suzuki-Autocar Young Driver 2010 and the keys to the Maruti Suzuki A-Star. (Courtesy: Autocar India)
Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Sorry Guys.. Couldn't update you all..

I have cleared my first round.

Took 2nd round & it was interesting..

I feel bad, since the guys who organized here didn't know anything about the contest..

So staying cluless on the results!

Zinam is not too old either bro!![lol]

BTW All the best for your results Zinam , will be nice if you can go to the next round!![:D]

He He..

Young doesn't mean kids..

Kids can never get a Driving Liscence..

Participating in this contest needs a valid DL :)

Top Bottom