Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R: Technical Queries & Solutions

i am having a 2015 model wagon r vxi, total run is about 8000 km, i am getting an average of around 9 kmpl with ac always on at blower speed 3 or 4, kindly advice if this is ok for a wagon r, average is calculated on tankful to tankful basis on auto cut.

Hi All,

I'm looking for used WagonR vxi and would like to know upto which year (model) Wagon R has come with seating which can be converted to Full Flat Bed after removing the front & Back Headrests.

Mods & Experts Pl.help.

Regards,
Sri
Mine is 2010 Maruti Wagon R Vxi,
And we can fold the back seat (Need to remove the back head rest only before) and we usually put mattress over it so that my baby can sleep comfortably. it is perfect setting for our family of 3 where we can have comfortable sleep during drive at the back and front 2 seats are always available to enjoy the journey.

Happy Driving!!!

i am having a 2015 model wagon r vxi, total run is about 8000 km, i am getting an average of around 9 kmpl with ac always on at blower speed 3 or 4, kindly advice if this is ok for a wagon r, average is calculated on tankful to tankful basis on auto cut.
@RajK,

9kmpl with Wagon R seems quite low, mine is giving 15-17 in City and 18-19 on Highways with full AC.
I suggest you get your car checked at MASS.
Low economy may also results of driving style, traffic condition and road condition.

Happy Driving!!!

Hi @Raj, 9 is way too low, as your car has run low odo reading, I suggest you should get a full service done, the culprit could be a choked air filter, if you drive in dusty condition, also get the A/c filter cleaned.

One side power window of wagon R is not working very well, sometime it works and most of the time it does not work. Any solution? and approx cost of repair to get it done at nearby friendly garage? Thanks

One side power window of wagon R is not working very well, sometime it works and most of the time it does not work. Any solution? and approx cost of repair to get it done at nearby friendly garage? Thanks
As you have not mentioned the year make, I'll ask you to go to your FNG and ask him to oil/WD40 the winding mechanism of all doors, as mostly after monsoon water seeps and fouls with the mechanism, and also let him check the motor wires leading to the switch.

Hi guys

I am facing a problem with my 2014 Wagon R VXI. The RPM drops when the accelerator is pressed to below idle RPM and then the car suddenly picks up. This happens even in nuetral. Sometimes the engine almost stalls before racing again.
I have taken it to MASS but the computer based checks have found no problem with the car. It works fine after the service for a few kilometres, and then the problem starts again. Has anybody else faced this problem? Also looking for a solution to it.

As you have not mentioned the year make, I'll ask you to go to your FNG and ask him to oil/WD40 the winding mechanism of all doors, as mostly after monsoon water seeps and fouls with the mechanism, and also let him check the motor wires leading to the switch.
Thanks for your reply.
Car is 2004 Wagon R (VXI) model.

Hi guys

I am facing a problem with my 2014 Wagon R VXI. The RPM drops when the accelerator is pressed to below idle RPM and then the car suddenly picks up. This happens even in nuetral. Sometimes the engine almost stalls before racing again.
I have taken it to MASS but the computer based checks have found no problem with the car. It works fine after the service for a few kilometres, and then the problem starts again. Has anybody else faced this problem? Also looking for a solution to it.
Does the car shudder when you do this? If so, could be an injector issue.

It's also possible (but unlikely) that this is a fuel pump issue - which may not be detectable via OBD scan.

Hi Guys,

My Wagon R Vxi AGS is due for 3rd servicing 10200 KM now. Anything specific to keep in mind for this service ?

Few people have complained that MASS guys fool around with their customers by billing them on unwanted things. please suggest if anything to be aware of.

So far the car is having no issues at all, i have done multiple 600+ KM's drive in this car and the vehicle performed flawless.

I am planning for a road trip for around ~3000 KM in a month or two from Pune to Rameshwaram, considering this what things should be checked for the car.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Hi Guys,

My Wagon R Vxi AGS is due for 3rd servicing 10200 KM now. Anything specific to keep in mind for this service ?

Few people have complained that MASS guys fool around with their customers by billing them on unwanted things. please suggest if anything to be aware of.

So far the car is having no issues at all, i have done multiple 600+ KM's drive in this car and the vehicle performed flawless.

I am planning for a road trip for around ~3000 KM in a month or two from Pune to Rameshwaram, considering this what things should be checked for the car.

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Hello Satyajeet, get the oil and filter changed, get the cabin filter cleaned, and let them reach the A/c fan and clean all debris like leaf etc, lots of it collects and effects the blower air. Check the wiper blades and change if needed.

Get wheel balance and allingment done outside from a known tyre shop. Most of SVC machines are not maintained properly, and it's a paid service for WBA.

Thank you sir for the prompt response.

I am also planning to install a touch screen head unit any recommendations ?

I have see the one in MASS but they are quoting 27K for that one which is too much [i guess the brand is Sony].

Can anyone recommend good one withing 10K budget also which can be used for reverse camera view, can be paired with mobile ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Thank you sir for the prompt response.

I am also planning to install a touch screen head unit any recommendations ?

I have see the one in MASS but they are quoting 27K for that one which is too much [i guess the brand is Sony].

Can anyone recommend good one withing 10K budget also which can be used for reverse camera view, can be paired with mobile ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Hello once again Satyajeet, I'm using the following reversing camera on my Nano XTA since a year, without any issues, its cheap has lots of options which I don't know of and do not use, excepting for the reversing camera.

The camera on the bumper has been shunted many times especially by bikes, (which is a norm in our chaotic traffic), but no problems.

I'm sure you will get better options than this, choose what suits you.

https://www.amazon.in/AutoStark-Rev...ncoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=oh_aui_i_d_old_o2_img

The reversing camera installed:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-mountain-goat-dazzle-blue-tata-nano-xta.html

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinod

Any idea which type of oil is recommended for Wagon R Vxi? [3rd servicing 10,000 KMS]

Service center guys are quoting oil prices from 1500 - 5000 , i am not sure which one should i go for.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

I have facing heating issues in Wagon R. The temperature indicator blinks when I drive for more than 10-15 mins in bumper to bumper traffic, in rest situations of slow or fast driving the issue does not appear.

Moreover I have checked bonnet temperature multiple times and nothing serious appear in such cases. Since manual says in blinking state, change your driving conditions but does not suggest getting it checked with Service stations, I assume the reason would not be very serious.

Some of possible issues I can foresee could be:
1. Dust on radiator panel
2. Fan actually moving slowly than expected
3. Some faulty sensors
4. Some Fuse/Relay related issues

Please suggest

Any idea which type of oil is recommended for Wagon R Vxi? [3rd servicing 10,000 KMS]

Service center guys are quoting oil prices from 1500 - 5000 , i am not sure which one should i go for.

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Does your car have the K-Series 3-Cylinder engine or the 4-Cylinder?

I have facing heating issues in Wagon R. The temperature indicator blinks when I drive for more than 10-15 mins in bumper to bumper traffic, in rest situations of slow or fast driving the issue does not appear.

Moreover I have checked bonnet temperature multiple times and nothing serious appear in such cases. Since manual says in blinking state, change your driving conditions but does not suggest getting it checked with Service stations, I assume the reason would not be very serious.

Some of possible issues I can foresee could be:
1. Dust on radiator panel
2. Fan actually moving slowly than expected
3. Some faulty sensors
4. Some Fuse/Relay related issues

Please suggest
Bonnet temperature? Do you mean just feeling the temperature of the metal? I really doubt that would give you any meaningful information.

Dust on the outside of the radiator is likely going to be insignificant, particularly if the fan is working properly. Can you hear the fan starting up when stationary? When was the last time you flushed your radiator?

Top Bottom