Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R: Technical Queries & Solutions

@amiti Wagon R do not have cabin ac filter, the reason is blocked cooling coil. Try any methods cleaning cooling coil without removing it.

-suryaputhra

In my opinion 2009 model with yellow parking lamp shade do not have cabin filter, if it is there as Ameyam said change the cabin filter.

-suryaputhra

Hi All,

I'm looking for used WagonR vxi and would like to know upto which year (model) Wagon R has come with seating which can be converted to Full Flat Bed after removing the front & Back Headrests.

Mods & Experts Pl.help.

Regards,
Sri
I doubt you can ever have flat bed in Wagon R, the back rest of the rear seat can only be folded down, and they are at a slight angle not flat.

By the way why do you want flat bed, Wagon R has ample room already. If you want to store things.

@ Nanofreak,
Yes thats the model I'm looking for where the seats can simulated to a Flatbed at an angle at the back.
This is for the Senior citizens in the family[:)]

Regards,
Sri

Hello All,

I purchased Wagon R LXI 2010 CNG K Series Pre-owned from a trusted source. It is with company fitter CNG. Owner has done all regular services. I purchased it at 55000 KMS. I got it checked by 2 different mechanics before purchasing and they both said car is fine.

However just before 3 days the car suddenly shown overheat signal. I stopped the car few minutes, the indicator of overheat was then gone. Again after few minutes, it got picked up. I have taken the car to a trusted maruti mechanic and he said radiator fan assembly needs to be replaced. Which I did and later he said to have a service of whole car since I drove 4000 KMS after purchasing and since he said it was a pre-owned car purchaed at 55K - KMS. Got oild changes, filters etc.

However when I was driving the car at night from my home suddenly vibration in the car started and even though I press accelerator it seems the car was less responsive. At low speed I feel high vibration, sometime really high. Then during speedbraker and traffic signal 3 times car got stalled and I had to restart.

I am not sure what suddenly happening here? Your help would be appreciated.

Hello All,

I purchased Wagon R LXI 2010 CNG K Series Pre-owned from a trusted source. It is with company fitter CNG. Owner has done all regular services. I purchased it at 55000 KMS. I got it checked by 2 different mechanics before purchasing and they both said car is fine.

However just before 3 days the car suddenly shown overheat signal. I stopped the car few minutes, the indicator of overheat was then gone. Again after few minutes, it got picked up. I have taken the car to a trusted maruti mechanic and he said radiator fan assembly needs to be replaced. Which I did and later he said to have a service of whole car since I drove 4000 KMS after purchasing and since he said it was a pre-owned car purchaed at 55K - KMS. Got oild changes, filters etc.

However when I was driving the car at night from my home suddenly vibration in the car started and even though I press accelerator it seems the car was less responsive. At low speed I feel high vibration, sometime really high. Then during speedbraker and traffic signal 3 times car got stalled and I had to restart.

I am not sure what suddenly happening here? Your help would be appreciated.
What exactly was replaced during the service you got done? I'd start by checking all of your fluid levels, as that would be the simplest of fixes.

However, my best guess with the current information would be an ignition issue, leading to a misfire/shutdown of one cylinder. Since you have the K-series (3-cylinder) engine, running on 2 cylinders would likely create the symptoms mentioned.

I'd follow the steps below:

1. Follow the spark plug cables from the cylinder to the ignition coils and beyond, to make sure everything is tightly connected.
2. Test your plugs and coils. Unplug the fuel pump fuse, remove the spark plugs, ground the threaded head on the engine block and crank the engine. If any of them doesn't show a bright spark, there's a problem. Exchange the plugs to determine if the issue is in the coil or the plug.
3. Check the firing order. The scientific way of doing this would be to look at the electrical diagram of your vehicle to verify the right coil is connected to the right plug. I wouldn't recommend trial-and-error as it could damage the engine.

I'll note that steps 2 and 3 can be baffling if you don't have a lot of mechanical experience, and that if you choose to carry them out yourself, ensure that you observe the necessary safety measures. Namely, insulated tools and gloves. If not, your trusted mechanic would surely be capable.

I had a Wagon R before like the one WagonX has. It refuses to accelerate doesnt it? Check if you ahve this problem with aircon on and with aircon off. A very lethargic Wagon R is symptomatic of overheating. Check if the coolant levels remain same or whether they slowly drop off over the preiod of a week

Ameyam

Overheating if wagon r

Hi all,I have bought an used wagon r 2009 lx model fitted with CNG..At first,its timing belt was broken which was changed..battery has also changed. 3 days ago,after driving 40 k.m,I found it overheating and coolant coming out from radiator.I went to a mechanic who changed coolant,2 relay for fans,and pour half litre engine oil.After driving 4-5 kms all coolant was popped out from radiator through reservoir.Also,the car was not starting.after waiting of half hour,it started and again stops after 4-5 kms.The same thing happened on yesterday also.now the car is not starting anymore.plz help me regarding this..

Re: Overheating if wagon r

Hi all,I have bought an used wagon r 2009 lx model fitted with CNG..At first,its timing belt was broken which was changed..battery has also changed. 3 days ago,after driving 40 k.m,I found it overheating and coolant coming out from radiator.I went to a mechanic who changed coolant,2 relay for fans,and pour half litre engine oil.After driving 4-5 kms all coolant was popped out from radiator through reservoir.Also,the car was not starting.after waiting of half hour,it started and again stops after 4-5 kms.The same thing happened on yesterday also.now the car is not starting anymore.plz help me regarding this..
Sounds like run-of-the-mill overheating. Did the temperature gauge display elevated levels when these failures occurred?

The coolant ejection suggests that your radiator core is clogged or corroded - may want to get that checked out.

Check the Temperature indicator , whether it goes up when u drive around. if goes to high stop driving.
1. first check the coolant resorvior if it feels oil bubbles or brounish then your head gasket is brook and needs replacement. if it is not then check the smoke if coolant is coming from exhaust then also the head gasket needs change.

2. check the whole radiator and cooling system for leaks , and the thermostat switch.

3. all these things needs to be done in one go so that all work fine then only ur car woll work good.

4. usually in cng cars it is the head gasket and the cooling system (piping).

Just to bump up the thread,
Guys please post your all queries regarding Maruti Suzuki Wagon R of any Gen and Wagon R Stingray, so that this thread can serve for all of us as a common pit stop for discussions pertaining to WAGGIE the blue eyed tallBoy.. [glasses]

A humble request to MODS to please merge queries regarding to Wagon R to this thread, if its within the forum protocol.

Hi my name is sudhir yadav. got a wagon r in 2012 runs on petrol for 60000 Km after decided to go on cng option also. Got cng kit installed from outside and problem starts. Cars gets stopped on red light and jam situation or it vibrates like hell. went to the cng dealer he said this is petrol issue. went to ASS rana motors they have replaced the throttle body and they have done whatever they can do best but the problem is same. facing same issue on petrol also. somebody tell me what to do now. dont want to sale this car. i bought it from my hard earn money. please provide me solution for this.

Sudhir Yadav

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently purchased WagonR Vxi [AGS] April 2017. So far i have done around 4K KM's and below is my exp.

PN:- Below experience is for AGS model.

Problems so far:- Nada [None]

Highway Experience :- When it comes to highway drives the car just performs flawless. The sweet spot for the car is around 80-100 KMPH. During over take it struggles a bit if you want to go a bit ahead of 100-110KMPH. Highway Mileage of car with 100% ac on is around 19.50 KMPL. Breaks are average they not even good or bad. Taking turns during high speed is bit risky due to tall body of vehicle.

City Experience:- The AGS really gets confused when it comes to city driving under b2b traffic condition. It is really not able to decide which gear to switch to and usually ends up on higher gear which revs the engines unnecessarily. AGS works best if the speed is more than 30 KMPH. It also shifts best from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th considering the speed and RPM. When we cross 50 KMPH it usually shifts from 4th to 5th gear, but for this we need to let off the gas pedal. If we dont it will continue till 70-80 KMPH in 4th gear till we let the gas pedal go off.

Ghat Experience:- The AGS is not at all recommended when it comes to driving in ghat section. As said in city experience the AGS get confused all the time, so better shift to manual which works like charm and engine never struggles. AC On/Off doesn't matter the power which vehicle delivers is more than adequate.

AC :- Ac works like charm perfectly even at 1st level. During hot summer day we need to set it to 2nd level, when the cabin is cool enough we can shift it down to level 1. One bad thing about the AC is the position of AC vents, especially the one left to the drivers seat which chills the drivers fingers while driving. Even people at passengers seat are satisfied with AC but for that we need to run it continuously on 2nd level.

Overall Experience:-
Car is excellent.
City mileage is around 16.9 KMPL with 100% AC on. [Hope this will increase after 2nd and 3rd servicing]
Highway mileage is around 19.6 KMPL with 100% AC on.
Best vehicle for ladies as AGS works like charm for them.
Music system is average.
Car doesn't have a single bottle holder[1 ltr Bottle].
Central lock button is missing. Drivers side button unlocks the vehicle but its really annoying to pull it for unlock.
Rear seats are good for 3 average to mid size individuals. [In our swift its difficult for 3 avg size people to fit in.]
Driving seat position is excellent with good view.

Ownership thread and Goa Travelogue ins progress soon will be uploading it with images.

Pointers to Wangon-R owners whatsApp group if any will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Top Bottom