Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R: Technical Queries & Solutions

My query is i have my waggy 2010 done 40K on odo. Is it right to change the tyre now ?. I am a long distance rider ( 300KM) once or twice in a month.

My stock tyre is JK Tyre tubeless - 145/80 R 13. Can we upsize it? If yes what is the suitable size and what brand did my TAI friends recommend. If possible , please share the cost too

My query is i have my waggy 2010 done 40K on odo. Is it right to change the tyre now ?. I am a long distance rider ( 300KM) once or twice in a month.

My stock tyre is JK Tyre tubeless - 145/80 R 13. Can we upsize it? If yes what is the suitable size and what brand did my TAI friends recommend. If possible , please share the cost too
@kumar: Upsizing 145/80 R13 wheels is not easy as there seems to be no option in the 13" wheel size. 155/75 R13 has the same circumference and is great, but no manufacturer seems to have a tyre of that size. The 155/65 R13 size is for the old WagonR with 145/70 R13 tyres. The 155/80 R13 is a bigger tyre outside the acceptable range. 155/65 R14 is the right size if you want to upsize. 145mm width is very narrow and it is a good idea to go for 155mm tyres, but are you ready to change to 14" wheels? If you are willing to spend, you can go for alloys, but you have to buy with care as lot of 14" aftermarket wheels are 6" wide which is not good for 155mm tyres. You should buy only 5.5" wide wheels. You can also go for steel wheels of 14" diameter Which will not cost you much.

Last edited:
OK that's pretty confusing.
Not intending to hijack this but my Wagon R has alloys and currently installed is 145/70 R13. What are my options?

Ameyam

Thread Starter #19

I've changed stock Goodyears tires at 30k Kms as I felt lack of grip on the road and as suggested by MASS.

I've replaced stock tires with Appolo Amazer with stock size 155/65 R14.

Thread Starter #20
kumargmks: Default Maruti Wagon-R Tyre and Wheel Upgrade Queries
Mine is a Wagon R LXI done 40K on my odo. It comes with stock tyres of JK. I am planning to change the tyres in another 5K along two steel rims.
My queries are
1. WagonR LXI comes with 145/80R13. Can i change R13 to R14 as VXI is 155/65R14?
2. If i change all steel rims to R14 with 165/80R14 is it not allowed or not possible?
3. What about Hancook tyres? One of my friend is using that in his Skoda Fabia and given a good feedback or else i plan for Bridgestone / Michelin

Since there are lot of options available, our TAI tech teams clarify my queries.

Thanks in advance
1. WagonR LXI comes with 145/80R13. Can i change R13 to R14 as VXI is 155/65R14?
Yes. You can shift to 155/65R14.

2. If i change all steel rims to R14 with 165/80R14 is it not allowed or not possible?
about 165/80R14 I am not sure. Sorry

3. What about Hancook tyres? One of my friend is using that in his Skoda Fabia and given a good feedback or else i plan for Bridgestone / Michelin
I've also heard a good feedback about Hancook tyres but not from a reliable source.

hi Everyone,
I bought a new WAGON-R last week, The odometer is yet to touch 100 km. im getting the smell of rotten egg when ever i put the AC vent to take out side fresh air. The very first time i tried this, i could hear sound like sand falling along with the rotten egg smell. It was the smell alone the next time i tried. Have anyone experienced this? Is it my catalytic converter gone bad? how does this smell get into AC vent? im a new bee in driving and mostly runs around in 1-3 gears with speed upto 40 KM. is it because of my driving? I greatly appreciate your thoughts and inputs on fixing this.
Thank You
TBL

How much does an oem WagonR front grill cost(2010 Kseries)?I intend to do a mesh grill for my wagonR bunt dont want to mess up my original stock grill?
Can anybody throw some light here?

Problem with my Waggy is that its lights dims and brightens with acceleration.The light goes dim (momentarily)when the AC compressor starts or when i brakes,and brightens when i accelerate.I am still on my oem battery(now 4.5 years old)
Any suggestion guys?
Its because alternator is not generating enough power, try recoiling it

hi Everyone,
I bought a new WAGON-R last week, The odometer is yet to touch 100 km. im getting the smell of rotten egg when ever i put the AC vent to take out side fresh air. The very first time i tried this, i could hear sound like sand falling along with the rotten egg smell. It was the smell alone the next time i tried. Have anyone experienced this? Is it my catalytic converter gone bad? how does this smell get into AC vent? im a new bee in driving and mostly runs around in 1-3 gears with speed upto 40 KM. is it because of my driving? I greatly appreciate your thoughts and inputs on fixing this.
Thank You
TBL
Take it to service, may be rat had lived in ac vents opening outside and service guys will clean it up , else take it to 3m care ,they will take care of it

Thread Starter #26
Hi guys thanks for opening up wagon r thread,

I just done 10k kms in my stingray,
I would like to ask some one that what is the max tyre size used for wagon R?
My stock alloy is 14 inch where ordinary waggy has 13inch alloy with 155 65 R13
Mine is 155 55 R14
Thanks buddy. My intention of starting this thread is to share our problems and experiences regarding Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, so that we all can help each other.

Mine is New gen Wagon R VXI 2011 with stock size 155 65 R14, so here I differ with your comment "ordinary waggy has 13inch alloy with 155 65 R13"

Please have a look at the specifications snapshot from Maruti Suzuki official website.

PS: BTW, if you don't know who am I, Check this thread:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-tallboy-waggie-pre-owned-wagon-r-2011-a.html

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
last time when i did my tire alignment, as he told my rear springs, he was talking about, that is leaked what is the exact problem and i can hear some noise when car bumps in deep pot holes.
and what is the price if i got to change them.

I have clocked 33000Km on my 2008 Waggy, i had the steering rack noise, which was first diagnosed as a suspension/lower arm noise by a local mechanic. I took it to a Maruthi showroom (INDUS) they said although the shock strut leaks oil, the noise was mainly from the steering rack (clung noises when driven over small holes or cement road, ). I was given an option of overhauling the rack for 3.5k or replace with a new one for 5k, i chose to replace. My query :
1) Is this steering rack issue normal for waggy clocking 35k?does other cars go thru this sort of problem.
2) I have been advised to service my entire air co system, the fan is more noisy at 4th and the cooling is lower. is this normal, as well? i had mine parked (covered) for period of 6months twice (at different occasion) as I was away. could this be it?
3) my front right shock strut also has an issue now, replacing would cost me another 5k, is this also sum thin which wears out too quick?

I could also blame my driving (i tend to not notice the holes when the appear out of no where), the occasional hired drivers and of course the roads of Chennai.

BUt would help to know if these are normal maintenance or case dependent?

I have clocked 33000Km on my 2008 Waggy, i had the steering rack noise, which was first diagnosed as a suspension/lower arm noise by a local mechanic. I took it to a Maruthi showroom (INDUS) they said although the shock strut leaks oil, the noise was mainly from the steering rack (clung noises when driven over small holes or cement road, ). I was given an option of overhauling the rack for 3.5k or replace with a new one for 5k, i chose to replace. My query :
1) Is this steering rack issue normal for waggy clocking 35k?does other cars go thru this sort of problem.
2) I have been advised to service my entire air co system, the fan is more noisy at 4th and the cooling is lower. is this normal, as well? i had mine parked (covered) for period of 6months twice (at different occasion) as I was away. could this be it?
3) my front right shock strut also has an issue now, replacing would cost me another 5k, is this also sum thin which wears out too quick?

I could also blame my driving (i tend to not notice the holes when the appear out of no where), the occasional hired drivers and of course the roads of Chennai.

BUt would help to know if these are normal maintenance or case dependent?
1.regarding suspension- if you are willing to spent about 8k,all the suspension set can be replaced( i did this about a year back-when my wagon r had clocked 55000,but still it's not perfect ,better than before).let it go till 40000,then you may change the suspension set up.
2.air conditioner system its better to give it to a good car air conditioner shop,rather than authorised dealer

Top Bottom