Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R: Technical Queries & Solutions

Thread Starter #47
Friends,

Could anyone please shed some light on exact quantity of Fluids required for K10B Wagon R?

1. Engine oil - 2.9 lits
2. Coolant - ???
3. Brake Fluid - ???
4. Gear Oil - ???

Hi,
I own a 2005 Maruti Wagon R LXI model, and had done 68k kms till date. Its a perfect car for a family of four. have changed the tyres at 45k and apart from minor issues of brake pads, wipers and clutch replacement had no major issues till now. It gives an average of 16kmpl in city and 19kmpl on highways and extends to 22kmpl if driven at 55kmph.

Pro's:-
Spacious for a family of four
Good boot space
Compact city car
Good mileage
Reliable.
Low maintenance
Good road view

Con's:-
Braking not upto mark at high speeds.
Does not give the confidence to drive at speeds above 90kmph
A pillar visibility a issue.
No diesel option

Overall a good economic and reliable car option for city use and occasional highway usage.

Thread Starter #49
:agree:

Wagon R is really economical and pocket friendly car for daily commute and highway drives as well, in its segment.

IMO, its a true no nonsense car. [:)]

i am getting fuel efficiency upto 23kmpl in less traffic city roads.
happy a lot

A query, is there any mods done to stop body roll?

How about a spacer in all wheels and having a stiffer springs and upgraded struct bar ?

Last edited:
Hi, I have WagonR LXi CNG 2010 model having stock JK tyres 145/80 R13 and have crossed 51000 KM so far. Now planning to change the tyres. SO kindly suggest me which one is good:
1. Goodyear Ducaro hi miller(Rs.2450), Bridgestone B290(Rs.3250), Apollo Amazer 3G(Rs.2400) or MRF ZVTS(Rs. 2600) with 145/80 R13
2. Also suggest me if i can go for 155/70 R13 profile as above brands will cost less in this profile.

In my view, Goodyear and Bridgestone are international brands and comparing the prices, Goodyear Ducar himiller seems to be good and as per one o the dealers, Ducaro hi miller can go upto 60K KM and is comparable to bridgestone ER40 tyres.

Please suggest

Hello All. I would like to thank TAI for the quick registration process. Was fed up with another one, because of VISA verification to be their citizen.

I own a Wagon R 2013, my Glistening Tall Boy. He just completed one year, and for past one year a small noise was there from somewhere there in the Engine room. I moved out from my dealer Popular, because the purchase process was a night mare for me after making full payment. I was with Autoteam, the Service Masters from the first service itself. They were very friendly and I have good experience till now. But Service masters where not able to diagnose the Noise, and once I completed 3rd service, they found that it was with the Silcencer muffler. The noise would start once the Vehicle is heated. They tried Greesing up joints, changed mounting washers (according to circular from Maruthi), changed Gear mounting, but issue was still there. After 340 long days, we have ended up the root cause is with the Silencer. They have done it in Warranty and now my Waggy is waiting for me there. I need to make my drive and see if we have the right thing replaced this time. Anybody have the same experience with Waggy K10

Thread Starter #56
What kind of noise is exactly it is ?
Are you sure it is from Engine ?
Is this sound is there when vehicle is in IDLE condition ?
Or this sound appears when you drive through bad roads?
When exactly this sound started, I mean at what ODO meter reading ?
Are the tires are in good condition?

If possible, try to post a video with sound, so that experts can shed some light on it.

But if this sound appears when vehicle is moving, then PLEASE don't try to capture it, as its not safe.

The issue is with the Silencer Bolt, Sorry as I'm not an auto expert. Last time, my SE allowed me to see the bottom of the car and I suspected it. But they were sure that the issue was with the Silencer. The noise started when the ODO meter reading was around 750KM, now its 8300KM. In between we got it checked by Service master. It was also my fault that when ever it repeated, I failed to take it to them as it was 35 kms away from my home.

Noise start when the engine is hot, ie silencer is hot. Its like a rattling sound. Once it starts, we can simply recreate it by applying throttle, making car on with Hand brake. Last time we identified that it can be recreated when we shake the silencer. I don't feel like blaming Service masters, but.. From the day when I payed for my Waggi, started the night mare. The purchase procedure was a head ache for me. If TAI allows, I can share it. Also the paint on Bonet cover is like melted. When I went to the service guys, told that its because of Crow's **** (donno the exact word) which made the paint to melt. Maruthi seems to start treating crows, not improving their build quality. Still I love my Waggy. Let me try posting the noise. Also Service masters has given appointment today. I may take Waggi there.

Last edited:
That's just weird, the paint issue. I park my Swift under a street lamp post most of the time and the crows **** on it all the time[lol]. Never had paint problem. I do have Teflon on my car though.
Just a note- Bird **** is slightly acidic. Its fine for it to be there for a day but you must clean it the next day

Ameyam

My waggy is washed daily. Also I cleaned the *** when I saw it, like within 3 hours. After 2 days the issue was noticed. [confused]

Again weird. A picture will help

Just make sure not to wash the car when its warm. Or you may have someone scribbling / purposely damaging the colour. I had some kids draw out patterns on the bonnet of my old Waggie. I had tried to fix it with the generic scratch remover pens but with limited success. Finally, the scratches became less visible with washing.

Ameyam

Top Bottom