Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray VXi Ownership Review

Thread Starter #121
Re: Some DIYs - Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray VXi

Is there any DIY for covering front chrome grill with matte black material?

Thanks,
GG
Just cut the vinyl to the size(+0.5') and sticker it to the grill. Cut the excess portion carefully and you will be good to go.

Hii new to this thread. Being an owner of Maruti Suzuki Stingray VXI 2015 I am very much enthusiastic regarding threads or reviews regarding stingray. Although it is a car which has very less selling as compare to other Maruti cars. But I have not faced any trouble in these 2 years till now.
Everything is ok in stingray except the fog lamp unit. I have a plan to change these oem units completely or else changing the bulbs. But when I showed it to local parts store he removed the oem fog lamp bulb and checked it with his super power eyes and told me that this bulb has no specification and it is a 28 watt bulb. He told me that this type of bulbs are not available in the market. So I dropped my plan.
After reading your thread regarding led fitments I am again thinking to do it again.
So can you please give me any suggestion regarding changing of bulbs with led unit. It will be a great help from you if you can upload the image of your stock fog lamp bulb.

Thank you and have a great day..
Now the Stingray name is dropped AFAIK and the Wagon R top model(VXi+) comes in this avatar with ABS and airbag.

The OEM fog light bulbs have the full specification written on them except the kelvin rating.

The fog lamp houses 35W H8 bulbs. What I used long back were 7.5W LEDs and they were just eye candy and were used as DRL too.
Last month or so, I replaced the fogs with projectors which were a direct fit. Running 35W 4300k HIDs in them. Total cost involved was around INR7000.

Will post pics soon.

Last edited:
Mine is Grey [Glistening Grey] Vxi [AGS].
The one in blue is Vxi+(O) which comes with ABS.

Also anything specific to be aware of for first servicing?

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Hello Satyajeet,
I'm planning to buy wagonR AMT (Grey Color). I was been told that a new model is due to launch next year and is advised to wait till then. My usage will be 95% in city and a new learner for Driving. I may receive around 45k in cash discount if I book in this december 2017. I request you to comment on this.

May be we can discuss offline for specific queries.

Guys -- I am planning to install the BT hands free receiver which will solve the purpose of music and calls can anyone suggest any specific model and its reviews ? This is just to get rid of all wiring of aux and save some battery life of my phone.

Also somewhere in this forum i read about car inverter which is used to charge laptops and other E devices can someone comment on this ?Is this good to buy also how much space it will required and is it really helpful ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet
I wish there is a Lxi(AMT) option where I can install my own Audio head Unit with built in BT. The slot in BT as for as I checked doesnt mate well as I can see that audio quality is only second to built in BT. Dont know why Maruti has not updated its Audio head Unit with built in BT.

No worries, and yes the PDI was done and delivery of the car was very smooth.

In last 5 days i have also crossed around 1000 KM's. Soon i will start my Buying / Ownership thread which will include all the pic's.

In meantime can anyone route me to the thread for AMT usage ? I am pretty new to AMT driving so bit worried on the usage.

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Satyajeet, please specify the link for the ownership thread as I'm planning to book WagonR AMT. Also, does anyone know if I can fit the flatbottom steering from new maruti dzire to wagonR?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a output photo of the fog projectors at low beam.
High beams not connected yet.

Photo taken by mobile cam and seems more exposed.
That's a very nice beam. Your projector installer did a great job.

Which brand/model projector it is? Is that waterproof?

Regards.,

Last edited:
Thread Starter #132
A little help guys...
I have to pass a wire from engine bay through the firewall into the cabin.
Please suggest me which will be the best route.
The wire upon entering the cabin will go underneath the gear console and come out from the leather boot to connect to a switch clamped to the lever at the circled area.

Attachments

Top Bottom