Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray VXi Ownership Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
it would best better to ask the dealership if Stingray headlamps can be installed in regular wagon r.

Planning to install DRLs in the hollow space circled in red.

Kind attention bhvm sir
That's a perfect place to accommodate a DRL. Try getting some branded one's to get the perfect fit and feel [:)]

Guys one quick question:

I have booked Wagon-R vxi[amt] for my wife. Just want to know can we upgrade its headlights to projector ones ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet
I think, you'll have to change the entire front panel's(bonnet,bumber,front quarter panel) to accommodate it, since both headlamps looks different. I think it is possible , but an expensive affair.[confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member
I think, you'll have to change the entire front panel's(bonnet,bumber,front quarter panel) to accommodate it, since both headlamps looks different. I think it is possible , but an expensive affair.[confused]
One more option is to open default headlamps and install aftermarket Bi-Xenon Projectors from the likes of Morimoto or Xenon Planet. However you will surely lose warranty and other niggling problems may crop up.

If you want better lighting, just stuff some neat quality 4300K HID kits in your OEM fog lamps. They work as second low beams and I suggest you keep headlamps as default.

kkn13

Suspended
Best to go as stock as possible imho
or use HIDs in OEM fog lamps like Bhvm suggested
I use HIDs in my Innova in the fog area too, it came without fogs , so spent a bit and got it fitted by dealer itself, very effective in highway use
I intend to upgrade main headlights too later

Guys one quick question:

I have booked Wagon-R vxi[amt] for my wife. Just want to know can we upgrade its headlights to projector ones ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Just buy a Philip xtream 90/100 which is more than enough, no need for relay.

I would suggest change all small bulbs to lED's, front, number plate, and cabins.

Thread Starter #98
Guys one quick question:

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Dear Satyaeet,
As quoted below and said by bhvm sir,
You can retrofit projectors in the light housings but to do that you will have to open up the headlamps.

That's a perfect place to accommodate a DRL. Try getting some branded one's to get the perfect fit and feel [:)]

Thank You Vishnu vichu[:)]

And Satyaeet, as quoted above, if you want to fit the Stingray headlamps, you will need to change thw bonnet, bumper etc as these are different from regular Wagon R. Would be too costly and not worth it IMO.

One more option is to open default headlamps and install aftermarket Bi-Xenon Projectors from the likes of Morimoto or Xenon Planet. However you will surely lose warranty and other niggling problems may crop up.

If you want better lighting, just stuff some neat quality 4300K HID kits in your OEM fog lamps. They work as second low beams and I suggest you keep headlamps as default.
Dear bhvm sir, fitting HIDs in fog housings is a good idea but wont it cause glare without projectors?

Just buy a Philip xtream 90/100 which is more than enough, no need for relay.

I would suggest change all small bulbs to lED's, front, number plate, and cabins.
Dear Nanofreak,
A harness will be required for fitting >60W bulbs as the stock harness comes with plastic bulb holders and will melt from the heat of higher wattage bulbs.

DRIVE SAFE

bhvm

Honoured Member
Dear bhvm sir, fitting HIDs in fog housings is a good idea but wont it cause glare without projectors?
To be frank buddy, its a game to hit or miss. Luckily, In all cars that I've installed I got good result. The idea here is to get a really high quality bulb so that the HID ARC chamber is in proper position as the filament. If this optical point is Moved somewhere, Reflector fails to focus the light into proper beam, resulting in glare.

I hope you have already read up here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hid-kit-technical-review-install-w-pics.html

Take a photograph with stock bulbs, Then compare it to the beam with HID Kit. If beam pattern remains the same, you'll have no glare.

Thread Starter #100
To be frank buddy, its a game to hit or miss. Luckily, In all cars that I've installed I got good result. The idea here is to get a really high quality bulb so that the HID ARC chamber is in proper position as the filament. If this optical point is Moved somewhere, Reflector fails to focus the light into proper beam, resulting in glare.

I hope you have already read up here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hid-kit-technical-review-install-w-pics.html

Take a photograph with stock bulbs, Then compare it to the beam with HID Kit. If beam pattern remains the same, you'll have no glare.
Sir, I went through your installation review long back and the results are really awesome.
I might give it a try.
Thank You

DRIVE SAFE

Thank you guys for all the suggestions and comments.

One more question to bother you.

As i have booked Wagon-R VXI [AGS] which doesn't comes with CNG kit. So in future if i want to install the CNG kit is it possible ? If yes, I would definitely go for company fitted one but the SA told me that company fitted if installed it later will gives some issues. The original CNG kit is the ones which is for LXI model which comes installed from factory itself and it wont have any issues.

Just want to know your views on this and how true is the SA's comments

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Thread Starter #102
Thank you guys for all the suggestions and comments.

One more question to bother you.

As i have booked Wagon-R VXI [AGS] which doesn't comes with CNG kit. So in future if i want to install the CNG kit is it possible ? If yes, I would definitely go for company fitted one but the SA told me that company fitted if installed it later will gives some issues. The original CNG kit is the ones which is for LXI model which comes installed from factory itself and it wont have any issues.

Just want to know your views on this and how true is the SA's comments

Thanks,
Satyajeet
I know a few people who had retrofitted CNG/LPG kits are running without any issues.

Thanks

Thread Starter #103
At the MASS now for servicing @40k kms.
Lube oil, lube oil filter, fuel filter, Coolant, Brake fluid, Air filter, Spark plugs replaced.

Noise suppressor sheets cut and fitted on all doors and hatch.

Brake callipers greased.

Thread Starter #104
A hella horn was installed too during the abovementioned servicing.
Horn sound is better now. IMG_20170314_114349.jpg

Noise suppressor sheet being cut and added to reduce vibrations from door pads and sound box.
IMG_20170314_122524.jpg

Rain guards were fitted too on all the doors.

Last edited:
Delivery for my WagonR Vxi AGS is scheduled day after tomorrow [29th-March-2017].

As per our TAI PDI list i have done the PDI and everything looks perfect.

I have opted for below accessories for my wagonR

1) Rear sensor
2) Leather seat covers
3) stearing cover - complimentary
4) Mud Flaps - complimentary
5) Door visors
6) TomTom - Mobile charger
7) Embossed number plates with IND
8) Floor mats
9) Philip xtream 90/100
10) 3M full package for under body & over body coating. [Total 5 different coats]

Do let me now if anything specific to check before taking the delivery.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Top Bottom