Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray VXi Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
It is a big cut. Please don't use that tyre, it will be dangerous. Go for a new tyre or used one from local tyre dealer.
That's the same thing that has happened to one of my tyre. There is no such thing as successful repair this tyre. It will be very dangerours. It is highly recommended that you buy a new tyre.

One of my friend got the same situation on a newly installed tyre[15 days older] and had to replace it.
Fitted a tube inside the tyre. I am planning to keep it as spare and fit the spare(tubeless) in its place.

Thread Starter #62
I changed the OEM low beam lamps with aftermarket ones(100W 6000k). To cope with the added heat I fitted ceramic extension holders for the low beam lights.
However the light output is not better than the OEMs.
DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

Went for 2nd free service a few days back and the bill came to be Rs.28/-.
Regular fluid check, tyre rotation, etc were done.
Last month I had a punctured rear tyre fitted with a tube which after rotation is sitting at the driver's side. Downside of the tubed tyre is that after crossing 75-80kmph, the steering will begin vibrating. Will change it to see the results.

Went for a small drive yesterday for about 200kms to and fro.

DSC_0192.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

DSC_01691.jpg

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

Last edited:
I changed the OEM low beam lamps with aftermarket ones(100W 6000k). To cope with the added heat I fitted ceramic extension holders for the low beam lights.
However the light output is not better than the OEMs.
View attachment 146285

View attachment 146286

Went for 2nd free service a few days back and the bill came to be Rs.28/-.
Regular fluid check, tyre rotation, etc were done.
Last month I had a punctured rear tyre fitted with a tube which after rotation is sitting at the driver's side. Downside of the tubed tyre is that after crossing 75-80kmph, the steering will begin vibrating. Will change it to see the results.

Went for a small drive yesterday for about 200kms to and fro.

View attachment 146287

View attachment 146288

View attachment 146289

View attachment 146290

View attachment 146291

View attachment 146292

View attachment 146293

View attachment 146294
visibility will be less due to blue lights . Yellow light gives better visibility in any weather condition.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #64
visibility will be less due to blue lights . Yellow light gives better visibility in any weather condition.
Yes...will shift back to the OEM ones.

One doubt I have is that the OEM bulbs have clear glass. I found some bulbs in ebay which have yellow coloured glass. Will these be better than the oem ones in terms of all weather visibility? If yes, I could use them in the projector low beams[:D]
Link: H7 12V 100W Xenon Gas HID Low Beam Light Bulb 1 Pair 2pcs 3000K Golden Yellow | eBay

Thanks
DRIVE SAFE

Yes...will shift back to the OEM ones.

One doubt I have is that the OEM bulbs have clear glass. I found some bulbs in ebay which have yellow coloured glass. Will these be better than the oem ones in terms of all weather visibility? If yes, I could use them in the projector low beams[:D]
Link: H7 12V 100W Xenon Gas HID Low Beam Light Bulb 1 Pair 2pcs 3000K Golden Yellow | eBay

Thanks
DRIVE SAFE
its better to stay away from those cheap quality stuff( golden bulbs).
best option is Philps or hella bulbs 100w.

Thread Starter #67
its better to stay away from those cheap quality stuff( golden bulbs).
best option is Philps or hella bulbs 100w.
Thanks bro, will go for philips or hella.

Guys

i am planning to buy the car on Maruti Suzuki but little confuse to go on Wagon R (VXI) or stingray (VXI)

pls can anyone suggest your opinions
Both are Mechanically same so it depends on your visual taste as to which one looks better. There is a price difference of about Rs.30,000/-. Other than cosmetic differences only advantage of the Stingray is the dedicated low and high beam headlamps for better visibility at night.

Guys

i am planning to buy the car on Maruti Suzuki but little confuse to go on Wagon R (VXI) or stingray (VXI)

pls can anyone suggest your opinions
Both are mechanically same. IMO, spending almost Rs.30000 -40000/- extra for some facelift is not worthy. Now, it is your decision.

Best wishes for your new car in advance.

Re: Some DIYs - Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray VXi

What better way to start a Morning than by doing some DIYs on your beloved Car...

Got some LEDs from ebay dot in/com to replace OEMs
Links:
1. Parking lights: Projector Lens Light T10 LED Parking Number Plate Bulb for Car Bikes 1 Pair | eBay

2. Registration plate lights: 2 PCSX 28 SMD LED 5050 T10 Socket for All Bike Car Parking Pilot Bulb Light Lamp | eBay

3. Fog lights: Super Bright 7 5W H8 Car Vehicle White Day Driving Fog LED Light Bulb Lamp ES9P | eBay

Yesterday after Office hours Wifey and me went to the local accessories shop to get new seat covers. The guy displayed all the options he had for Wagon R.
Found two of them to be of good design. First one was a black red combo(no red stitching which I would have liked even more) and the second was a black one with grey stitching. The second(brand Microline) one even had some padded area for back support and would have been great for long Drives.
However I opted for the black-red one as it was looking better and was from Topgear.
The boys got down to do their job while I asked the shop owner to fit the LEDs.
He first took out one Registration plate light and fitted the 28smd led but the light cover was not fitting as the light length was more. So he fitted another set that was with him(9smd led).

Seat Covers fitted:
View attachment 135069
View attachment 135070

As it was getting late, he asked me to come the next day(i.e., Today) to fit the other lights.
Today Morning got up and made up my mind to do some DIY and fit the lights myself.
Some pics:
Pic 3: OEM bulb and LED bulb
View attachment 135071
Pic 4: Pull the black rubber cover at the back of the headlight.
View attachment 135072
Pic 5: At the top is the connector for the high beam bulb and at the bottom is the parking bulb connector.
Pull it out and again pull out the bulb and fit the new LEDs
View attachment 135073
Pic 6: LED fitted and lit up
View attachment 135074

Now changing the fog lights:
Pic 7: Remove 4nos plastic clips by using a flatbed screw driver(2nos at the bottom of the bumper)
View attachment 135077

Pic 8: From the manual.
Pull out the clips and make some gap between the bumper and the black cover.
Pull out the connector as shown in the manual page. Rotate and pull out the bulb. Fit the new bulb and put everything back to place.
View attachment 135078

Pic 9: Parking and Fogs on.
View attachment 135075

Pic 10: LEDs that went into Registration plate lamps(pic from google).
View attachment 135076

Pic 11: Removed the interior dome light cover in the way shown in the manual.
View attachment 135079

Pic 12: A similar light with less nos of LEDs(15nos) went into the interior dome light.
View attachment 135080

I managed to get hold of only one dome light for the front. Yet to source another for the back.

Night pics coming soon.

Thank You friends
DRIVE SAFE
Hii, I am a owner of Maruti Stingray. And I am thinking of upgrading my stock fog lamp units with new led fog lamp units. So can you please upload the image of your old fog lamp bulbs and also can you please tell me in details how you have installed them. I want to know all stingrays have same fog lamp or different.

Thread Starter #74
Dear All,

At current odo reading of 35k kms, my stock Goodyear GT3 155/65R14 tyres are worn out and requires replacement.

Is upgrading tyre size with a higher profile/aspect ratio recommended?
If yes, please tell me
(i) what size will be perfect with little or negligible speedo/odo error.
(ii) will I have a better ride quality over our roads?
(ii) what about handling?

Sorry for my ignorance rather lack of knowledge but please advise. The Car is running on stock alloy wheels.

DRIVE SAFE

Last edited:

Top Bottom