Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray Ownership Review

Re: recently i have clocked 140kmph

Had a empty stretch of highway.
Had seat belts!
Tested the braking pressure needed at 100kmph without locking tyres
I should appreciate that was immense .
When speeds got lower to 60 and lowering i got immense grip and can press more because whole weight transferring to front wheel and stopped like a flash.
Then still no one till 2kms.
Raised the rpm to 3500k where all max power is produced,released slowly for a small movement on wheels then bang"! Within secs i needed to shift to
2nd at 5k rpm till 60kmph
3rd at 5k rpm till 119kmph
4th at 5k rpm till 140kmph
Then i don't want to go more because i still had fifth gear and it was a new car so maintained at 140 in fourth and i was shocked to see instant mileage value
14.4kmpl .. :o
Then i was just cruising.. Relaxed with little roar. No wobbling or shaking..
Have attached a picture ..managed to take be cause its dangerous to do..
I really do not appreciate your this attempt,no need of taking pic at the speed of 140kmph just for the sake of positing pic in forum,safety first.Sorry if i sound rude[cry]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38
found the cause for speaker vibrations ,
speaker itself making 40% noise
(need to upgrade )
also the speaker mounts are having gaps
so placed a sound proofing mat between
double side tape also does the job. but these are more effective

last one was home theater speakers test !!
was awesome
upgrading speakers with stock HU will be the first upgrade

Attachments

Thread Starter #39
guys, an another DIY

premium carpet flooring.

stingray had an old styling rexin flooring
it use to be more cheap looking
so prepared to do a DIY

i used an
SYNTHETIC FIBER CARPET
Sq.ft. 25Rs

i did have stock with huge rolls,
but in local shops we can get those

you can just cut a approximate size and place it ,but finish would int be the best looking

so i removed all plastic interior coverings to place edges and sides of carpet inside panels so it feels premium

i used a news paper for getting rough shape
then transferred to carpet

then i trimmed the edges after placing inside car for exact fit

then i fitted the panels back.

this is how it looks before and after

DETAILED GUIDE IS IN THIS THREAD
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...m-looking-carpet-flooring-diy.html#post389626

Attachments

Last edited:
I always used to say my friends that I don't like the new wagonr stingray but your thread changed my thinking about this car!
I love those greyish alloys.

Also, I would like to know more about that blue light under dashboard. Did you fit it by yourself ? What's the procedure to fit it? Actually I am being curious about doing such things. I live in Delhi and here all the shops are overpriced! They ask too much for a simple job. I am a geek and have already done lots of computer and laptop modifications but of car, I dont have that much knowledge but if someone is able to guide me, I might be able to fix these on my own [;)]

Thread Starter #42
I always used to say my friends that I don't like the new wagonr stingray but your thread changed my thinking about this car!
I love those greyish alloys.

Also, I would like to know more about that blue light under dashboard. Did you fit it by yourself ? What's the procedure to fit it? Actually I am being curious about doing such things. I live in Delhi and here all the shops are overpriced! They ask too much for a simple job. I am a geek and have already done lots of computer and laptop modifications but of car, I dont have that much knowledge but if someone is able to guide me, I might be able to fix these on my own [;)]
Hi dude, thanks for sharing !
First of all those lights were fitted by company from stingray package.
But you can easily do it.
Its just a led. Also your car is 12v as like PSU in computer as I also do all crazy things in pc.
My current mod is

cpu cooler : cooler master Hyper 212 EVO for ( core 2 Quad )
PSU(SMPS) : Gaming series GS 700 W corsair
cabinet: cooler master K 380
In pic below

Not lets come to car. You can buy led strip and paste it under dash and wire it to the interior light wireing. That's it. If you want leds to last longer use a led driver inbetween

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
Had a trip t wayanad national forest via mudhumalai
Car was very peppy and was easy to drive in those roads
Did full tank for 2500Rs. Return after 210 kms total 430kms, got 19.5kmpl average
A steep route is there in between at angle of 30 degrees for about 20kms did good in second gear with four adults on board,
Good response for a 1 liter engine.
Had fun!! !
Camped at wayanad.

Top Bottom