Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R: Occasional Power Loss & Less Mileage

Thread Starter #1
Dear help me with a mysterious problem

My wagon r is 2014 (k10 engine) , running on petrol no CNG fitment till now.
Covered nearly : 82000kms
It’s delivering mileage of 9/10 kmpl only. Calculated tank to tank. I always fill full tank instead of small amounts.
I have noticed that On the highway with constant pedal pressed without moving even a bit , it loses very slight power for few kms and gets back to normal for few kms and this circle goes on……….
The problem is there since the past 2 years.
Got clutch plates and pressure plate changed twice so that it will help me get a normal mileage as I was getting few years back of 14/15 in city
Throttle body cleaned multiple times,
And what not
Took it to Maruti suzuki authorized dealer and got the ECU checked too but there was no problem on that screen
Really annoyed now
Got it checked with multiple mechanics
No one is able to figure out the exact problem
All says there is no smell at exhaust, no such issue with pickup and no black smoke so as per them it’s something which God can only solve ?

IMG_20211009_170026.jpg

I believe it is your driving style. you need not to keep pressing the accelerator, should keep on varying.

Always try to maintain speed by varying your input to gas paddle, once car reaches your said speed, leave the paddle and coast, input again when speed drops by 3kms or so and repeat.

High revving the engine and improper gear shifting also causes drop in mileage. Always try to keep revs around 2K-3K RPM.

I believe as you are in Delhi, driving in traffic and long stop signals also contribute in low mileage.

Cheers !!

SG

Thread Starter #3
Hi. Recent update. Went to MASS with for the issue. They scanned the car thoroughly with their laptop but didn't find any issue. At last they said the real world mileage of wagon r is 10-12 only and expecting much is the real problem.

While my car was earlier running around 450 kms with a tank, it now runs (without AC) between 310-330 kms in a tank. (29-32litres at each filling)

Went to some more local garages with the scan reports (verbal) but they are not able to diagnose

Though my vehicle in general doesn't has any issue till Date, not really considering selling it off. But on the other hand. Surviving with such a low mileage is also not feasible.

Someone has suggested that it may be a head problem.

When I discussed this to my mechanic, he said there has to be some visible issue (at least) to come to that conclusion. As per him there is neither any vibration in the engine nor any kind of idling issue.

Really struck with this mysterious issue.......

Thread Starter #4
Hello,

After lot of discussion with multiple garages, got the head and piston ring work done on my wagon r in a hope to get a solution to the problem but after spending(rather wasting) so much still there is no cure. I am still getting a mileage of 10km/ltr (tank full to tank full).

Now the mechanics are making another wild guesses and asking me to get the fuel pump changed too as the car is surging after getting heating up(after running 3/4kms) and during traffic jams the pedal stop responding properly and lifeless (no power and car feels pulling backwards while i accelerates

Can you suggest a knowledgeable and professional technician in delhi

Thanks

Top Bottom