Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R CNG - My Journey !!

Thread Starter #1
As i could not find out any reviews of CNG cars, therefore i thought of sharing my experience of my New WagonR Green ( its not so new, i got it in Feb 2011). To Start with i must tell you, that we have bought this car for my dad. He is fond of CNG. Since 2001 we had CNG car at home. 1st two were Esteem. Then in 2007 we got our Hyundai Accent fitted with CNG, that was the worst decision i have ever made[frustration], I dont know what the problem was but i had to sell it in 2 yrs.

Now after selling Accent, we left with a Ford Ikon petrol and a 2000 model Esteem CNG and in the mean time i also bought a CityZx. But with the starting of the New year 2011, i forced my Dad to sell Esteem CNG. Now the question was what we need to buy , as we were only left with two PETROL cars. And not to mention my cars are used so much esp. CNG that Petrol is really not a good Decision.

The Search Process was already started, My Dad has no interest in cars, so i alone had to do all the findings. I asked my dad, about budget he said strictly under 5 Lacs. Now with the budget fixed, i started searching. First we thought of going for a Second hand Honda and fitting CNG in that, but after experiencing Accent, it was a straight No from my side. Then i went to MS showroom and test drive a WagonR (P) as no Cng were available for a TD. As soon as i entered in the car i found it so airy from inside, as space between my head and roof was enormous (i am 6ft tall). i felt it maybe because i was used to sedans.

When i went to showroom i found that Cng is only available in Lxi, I must say the interiors of Vxi esp the integrated music player was looking awesome. We booked the Lxi CNG immediately with the integrated music system and two front speakers.[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Wagon R CNG !! My Journey....

Nice start. Do elaborate on the actual ownership experience as well and needless to mention, pictures are a must. Looking forward to more of it. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats and safe drive.

Could you please confirm -
1) Mileage
2) Any affect on pickup as compared to petrol wagon-R?

Turbo Welcome to TAI

Please post your experiences with all cars you had done CNG conversion.
And also about new WaganR

Thread Starter #6
[glasses]Some Pics.....

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Congrats and safe drive.

Could you please confirm -
1) Mileage
2) Any affect on pickup as compared to petrol wagon-R?
The mileage its giving is around 23-24km/kg. And i am really happy wid it.
And as far as pick up is concerned i don't think there is much difference between petrol and CNG. Little loss of power can be felt while drivin on CNG with AC on. But as long as my savings are concerned i am njoyn it. [clap]

Which companies kit is this ? Does that cylinder makes noise when car jumps over speed breaker or on bad road?

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations! The car is well kept but it hurts to see that broken tail lamp.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
I really dont know about the company of the kit, but wiil try and find it out. No, the kit doesn't make any sound when the car faces any bump on the road as it is perfectly fitted by the maruti people.

Congratulation Turbo,
It’s a wise decision to choose the green wagonR (CNG).
What is the OTR for this version.

When i went to showroom i found that Cng is only available in Lxi,
I always doubt on Maruti’s product promotion strategy
They have come up with CNG version but only on LXi model.
Do they have intention to keep the CNG version only for taxi (commercial) purpose
Or do they have intention to keep the environment friends away from Luxury.

congrats buddy! very wise decsion to buy cng when diesel and petrol pricing are hiking everyday!! [frustration]

Thread Starter #13
Re: Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R CNG - My Journey (Updated 35k km)

Now after a long pause, i would like to update my views on my Wagon R Green.

Its been 13 months and my car has already covered 35000 Km [thumbsup]. Yes you read it right 35k km.

Now the last service was done at 31000 km, and the bill came around Rs 7000. I was little surprised but the service guy told me its bcoz of Synthetic oil which he has filled in the car as it is recommended. The service was neatly and professionally done. No problem with the service at all.

After 35k, My car is still going great. No issues at all, except some little niggles and tht too vry little.
1st the audio quality is very poor and i mean it. I dont knw but why, the radio reception is so poor. and the Speakers which Maruti guys had fitted are not working Properly, i mean that sometimes the left speaker stops, or sometime the right speaker. its the case of loose wiring i think.

2ndly the door has started rattling, I think that's the problem with all maruti cars. But otherwise the car is working well, and i am too happy with my savings that i making on every Km i drive. [cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to hear that your Wagon-R is serving you well buddy. And i guess the issue with the speaker is most probably the wiring.

I too own Wagon-R CNG in PUNE
In city it gives me not less then 25 to 26 KM/Kg of CNG
It is worth for money and since it is company fitted all the care is taken.

The kit comes from MINDA, last time there was a solenoid swith failure for my CNG due to which it was not giving pickup below 80PSI gas pressure and they replaced it for free.

For audio system I installed pioneer player with JBL speakers all four doors and also with Sony Xplod amp and JBL BASS tube @ 23k and it is awesome.

Top Bottom