Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R CNG Issues

Thread Starter #1
Hi Seniors

Firstly thank for all expert advice given in the site which has helped me understand my car Much better.

I have 3 year old Wagon R CNG which has been a very good ride barring last 2 month. I have been facing few problem which i have listed down and would like you expert advice on the same.

1) While driving in Petrol, Pick up of car really goes flat as soon as I reduce my speed while driving over speed breaker or slowing down. this was not a case 2 months back.
and While in CNG mode the car is getting stalled.

2) Also found car is vibrating more than usual while I am waiting on traffic signal or is in idle State for few secs Seems to be knocking a lot . This also cause car to stall sometimes.

Now my car has driven a lot i have done around 50k Km till date and also last month,
I had mentioned this issues with the technician in local MASS center while giving my car for servicing, they did some tune up and and for days Car stopped stalling in CNG but PICK issues while driving in petrol mode and vibrating issues remained.

I was advised by my friends to take to bigger servicing center like Automotive in Nerul now which may help me out with my problems.
But before going there i needed some help or advice to understand what could be the problem as My experience withe these large service centers for my earlier car was not great. I have been made to paid for some work which i later realized it was not necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Wagon r CNG issuse

Since you have driven 50k, get the decarbonization and injector cleaning done if not done already. Also get the filters cleaned.

Remember that cng cars need to be driven on petrol for the first couple of km & last couple of km to clear the fine carbon that cng makes

Ameyam

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Ameyam for your quick reply,
I have done the Injectore cleaning 4 months back.
Will try doing decarbonization as suggested by you. are there any other aspect should I look at. Does tuning of the car's engine create stalling problem?

Regards
Shubhakar

Your car's engine doesnt need to be tuned. Thats a ECU controlled engine, so it shouldnt need any tuning. Your problem has got to do with fuel supply issues whether with petrol or cng.
Tell us one thing- did the MASS return the car within a short time, say an hour or so? If so, all they have done is increased the idle speed. The problem lies elsewhere

Ameyam

Hi Seniors

Firstly thank for all expert advice given in the site which has helped me understand my car Much better.

I have 3 year old Wagon R CNG which has been a very good ride barring last 2 month. I have been facing few problem which i have listed down and would like you expert advice on the same.

1) While driving in Petrol, Pick up of car really goes flat as soon as I reduce my speed while driving over speed breaker or slowing down. this was not a case 2 months back.

2) Also found car is vibrating more than usual while I am waiting on traffic signal or is in idle State for few secs Seems to be knocking a lot . This also cause car to stall sometimes.

Now my car has driven a lot i have done around 50k Km till date and also last month,
I had mentioned this issues with the technician in local MASS center while giving my car for servicing, they did some tune up and and for days Car stopped stalling in CNG but PICK issues while driving in petrol mode and vibrating issues remained.

I was advised by my friends to take to bigger servicing center like Automotive in Nerul now which may help me out with my problems.
But before going there i needed some help or advice to understand what could be the problem as My experience withe these large service centers for my earlier car was not great. I have been made to paid for some work which i later realized it was not necessary.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
In ecu cars, both cng and petrol treated in same way.
Its the ECU does the job controlling it.
If you have a obd device
Please connect it and
Check the fuel trim data.
If long term fuel is more than 20~
Or less than 20~
There is a issue.
If LTFT (long term fuel trim) is getting near zero ie .if its negative it goes to less Negative or if its plus 20 it gets near 0 by decreasing the value when throttle is pressed and level up to 2500rpm.
Note the value.
Note the idle value
Note the MAF sensor value
And let me know ill find whats the problem in it.
May be sensor like cam or cam may be in last stage.
Keep updating. Ill help you out

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
Hi Stingray,

Apologies for the late reply

As per your advise, I had gone to my old mechanic as i didn't have the OBD device for the reading. As he had the device & scanner with him he checked and didn't found any fault in ECU readings. But He advised me to get the throttle header cleaned and also the Bush of front right wheel has gone kaput hence to change. ( he said while driving a CNG car u need to get the throttle cleaned after evey 5KM )
As I knew him from many years i asked him to do the throttle cleaning & also to change the bush

And after the above changes all my issue seem to be solved,
Car seems to picking up while driving in petrol Modes, the vibration has come down drastically.
So all my issue seems to have been solved except that now i am hearing a Humming noise while accelerating. Please note i have also changed my tires that same day ( three of them had gone bad).

Thanks & Regards
Shubhakar

If you hear a humming noise when accelerating, check the fan belt or some other belt if its slipping

Ameyam

Thread Starter #9
yes, sound is there even if the Ac\ is off,

One thing i forgot to mention , this humming sound is coming from left side of the car.

Do tyres has to do anything with this sound, the tyres I changed are Yokohama 155/70 R13? but this noise was not there earlier even though i was using same brand of tyres.

I mean the noise could be some belt, not necessarily the fan. If you didnt have it before, check with your mechanic if he changed something

Ameyam

Hi Seniors

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am also facing similar issue with Wagon R. Was your issue completely solved ?

Hi,
I am also facing similar problem in my ritz. At, low speed it doesnt accelerates even after pushing accelerator to maximum limit. Also, i am getting humming sound as mentioned from the left side. Sound increases on increasing speed beyond 50 KMPH.

Top Bottom