Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Drive Review

kkn13

Suspended
But you forget 1.3 MJD cars are lighter in weight...

Also about petrols, how many Ecoboosts do you see on the road.......
how many revtrons......
For Polo, mostly 1.2 3 cylinder NA is seen or the diesel ones
GT TSI is rare even in Mumbai
Creta diesel far outsells the petrol...

But you forget 1.3 MJD cars are lighter in weight...

Also about petrols, how many Ecoboosts do you see on the road.......
how many revtrons......
For Polo, mostly 1.2 3 cylinder NA is seen or the diesel ones
GT TSI is rare even in Mumbai
Creta diesel far outsells the petrol...
Not that man, I am not saying that the petrols are outselling diesels , the thing is a petrol car will give a car a lower entry price point and not every one drives more than 10,000 kms a year which makes petrol relevant even though its a small pie of the total cars sold
Fo eg: Ecosport 1.0 ecoboost+ 1.5 Petrol sells just 200-500 units per month compared to 2500-3500 total sales, so lets take average say 350 petrols for every 3000 ecosports sold ie nearly 11%, sure not a big number but thats relevant because these 11% people usually get a lot more value considering their running
https://www.carwale.com/new/quotati...=5jQNXccXF4Rns4LtyLPQ12ulNirlJgMRBUG1a1ixWfg=
nearly Rs 76000 Rs less for comparable petrol model
Now consider the running is low say just around 8000 kms a year and lets consider the Ecosport 1.5 petrol gives around 10.5 kmpl (actually the lower limit) with Rs 70/ liter of petrol one can travel around 11500 kms even before the purchasing cost of diesel is reached, then comes the factor of loans, if the car is under loan amount the higher cost of diesel will mean more paid per month as loan amount too, so a petrol is a good and viable option even though its a very small proportion, think whats 11% of a car that sells like 10,000 per month ie the Brezza and Creta it will make sense to a lot of buyers, also check the number of buyer opting for Petrols in Swift,Dzire territory, its 30% petrol and 70% diesel, so Petrols are having a come back.
By 2020 there will be more stringent diesel norms favoring petrols as well

Last edited:
Anyone done any mods on suspension for the brezza? The ride is stiff so going fast is good but the rigid suspension is a pain in country roads. Wondering if switching to 215 tyre will help ?

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has recently crossed 2 lakh mark in India within just 20 months of launch. With this milestone, the Vitara Brezza is now tagged as the best selling SUV in India.

guys I've booked a brezza VDI OPTION. is this the right choice. or should I stretch my budget to ZDI? I certainly cannot spend 11.5 lacs on the top version.
I'm basically looking for a decent upgrade from my current Celerio ZDI. and the brezza VDI has all the things that I want and need. I don't want touch screen. since I'm an Android auto user strictly on my phone. which I love BTW. so pleas suggest guys. also what is front seat pitch like for a driver. my height is 5'7" !

guys I've booked a brezza VDI OPTION. is this the right choice. or should I stretch my budget to ZDI? I certainly cannot spend 11.5 lacs on the top version.
I'm basically looking for a decent upgrade from my current Celerio ZDI. and the brezza VDI has all the things that I want and need. I don't want touch screen. since I'm an Android auto user strictly on my phone. which I love BTW. so pleas suggest guys. also what is front seat pitch like for a driver. my height is 5'7" !
This is purely my concept -
Higher variants,more the resale value than lower variants even after say 5 years

Explanation-
Consider my case ,I have swift zxi ,say it ran 40000km in 4 years ,and my model has been discontinued and a newer facelift has launched.Still,my car will atleast get a value closer to the facelift's base variant ,as mine have 80-90% spec same as that of the new facelift model.Only factor of depreciation is running kms,time.(By specs i meant ,features like start stop etc)

Better to go for top variants .

Last edited:
confused totally

guys I need help making a choice. My heart is stuck on the brezza. But I've heard so many good things about the Ford diesel engine and it's drivability. Now I'm contemplating between the freestyle and brezza. Ecosport is out of my budget. What do you guys think. Please help

Re: confused totally

guys I need help making a choice. My heart is stuck on the brezza. But I've heard so many good things about the Ford diesel engine and it's drivability. Now I'm contemplating between the freestyle and brezza. Ecosport is out of my budget. What do you guys think. Please help
Well let me first admit that I am an owner of Ford for past 7 years, and my experience with Ford so far has been great, now for one buying a Ford solely depends on how well the service and after sales record of Ford dealer nearby is
So if that is good, then lets discuss the Frestyle vs Brezza
1. Brezza has more space and wider cabin
2. Brezza has bigger boot
3. Brezza has wide 210 section tires , thats a stock advantage it has over Fords 185s

When it comes to Freestyle

1. Definitely better engine, more power and less lag and better drive
2. Smaller package means easier to park , maneuver in traffic etc , in fact its smaller than SWift, so its easy to take care of in crowded cities and in tight parking spaces etc
3. Top end Freestyle will be at least 1.5 lakhs Rs cheaper on road than Brezza

Out of this 6 which 3 has more priority wins the deal!

Thanks for the great reply. so sorry did not see it earlier.
I just posted about my TD on the freestyle forum. I drove the titanium Diesel.
it's a great product. if you read my points there if you're following it, then you'll know what I'm actually looking for.
Parking is not an issue as I have a fixed parking spot in my building. my factory also has parking.
I will be the sole user of the car 90% of the time.
from my house and back everyday 80 KMS.
so for some one like who's on the shorter side 5'8" to be precise, I test drove the Brezza and yes I felt it was noisy on the ride side. freestyle wasn't for sure.
Yes cabin feels small in freestyle.
as far as spending more money, I'm doing it for the first time buying a 10 pqx rupee car for myself, so I intend to keep it for a good 7 years.
Your point about the service centre. this is so true yaar.
I live in South Mumbai. and the showroom of Ford is in the suburbs which is a pain in itself to get to. the service will also be the same. If something goes wrong, I'll be running around like a headless chicken to the service center and back leaving my work and priorities.
Maruti on the other hand, has an amazing service center just next to my factory. I get all my Maruti and non Maruti cars serviced here since last 10 years.
so yes these things mean a lot to me. because I like taking car of my cars. I don't keep a driver for myself and don't let my father also touch my car. Ok it's a celerio ZDI diesel. but I like it. it's just too tiring because the two pot groaner just does my head in now.
so all in all I'm so confused I cannot even begin to tell you.
Thanks again for your time bro! ðŸ‘ðŸ™ðŸ¤˜

Thanks for the great reply. so sorry did not see it earlier.
I just posted about my TD on the freestyle forum. I drove the titanium Diesel.
it's a great product. if you read my points there if you're following it, then you'll know what I'm actually looking for.
Parking is not an issue as I have a fixed parking spot in my building. my factory also has parking.
I will be the sole user of the car 90% of the time.
from my house and back everyday 80 KMS.
so for some one like who's on the shorter side 5'8" to be precise, I test drove the Brezza and yes I felt it was noisy on the ride side. freestyle wasn't for sure.
Yes cabin feels small in freestyle.
as far as spending more money, I'm doing it for the first time buying a 10 pqx rupee car for myself, so I intend to keep it for a good 7 years.
Your point about the service centre. this is so true yaar.
I live in South Mumbai. and the showroom of Ford is in the suburbs which is a pain in itself to get to. the service will also be the same. If something goes wrong, I'll be running around like a headless chicken to the service center and back leaving my work and priorities.
Maruti on the other hand, has an amazing service center just next to my factory. I get all my Maruti and non Maruti cars serviced here since last 10 years.
so yes these things mean a lot to me. because I like taking car of my cars. I don't keep a driver for myself and don't let my father also touch my car. Ok it's a celerio ZDI diesel. but I like it. it's just too tiring because the two pot groaner just does my head in now.
so all in all I'm so confused I cannot even begin to tell you.
Thanks again for your time bro! ðŸ‘ðŸ™ðŸ¤˜
If After sales and service are bad in South Mumbai stay away from Ford, also dont make a pre conception that Fords service and afte sales are bad as it used to be, because even in Trivandrum, while I bought my Figo it was really bad, Ford was boiling with issues like lack of replacement parts, lack of good labour, lack of reliability etc, but within 2 years everything changed, and by 2015 Ford is super strong here and is even better than Hyundai, so just try doing a small research on how the dealer and their service is nowadays,
If car is driven alone most of the time one wont have any issues with a Ford or Maruti or any car, also 80 kms a day demands for a diesel, and I have already test driven the Freestyle and the big advantage I feel for Freestyle over Brezza is ride quality, the Brezza is actually very stiff, and its well felt inside cabin, somehow despite being stiff the Freestyle felt it rode better, the bigger bumps like one meter large bumps etc are dealt better by Brezza but majority of small bumps, road imperfections, small ruts, small water pools, the Free had the advantage, also despite being a smaller car it felt more mature to drive than Brezza, the steering has more feedback and it felt extremely well planted on highways as well, if I am to nit pick again the Brezza has bigger seats so for some its more comforte there but I prefer the Freestyle seats because its size was apt for me, then there is the huge factor of price, the Freestyle pricing is just bonkers, I mean its under 9 lakh Rs on road for a fully loaded Titanium+ car, and even though Brezza and Ecosport and Nexon are bigger cars, the Freestyle can do 95% of what all these 3 compact SUVs can do without costing that much and in some aspects like handling can defeat the 3 compact SUVs as well, so if you are in a budget mind, definitely do check out Freestyle Titanium+ TDCi, and the engine of Freestyle is anyday better than Brezzas, its a bigger motor, so gas more talent and its easier to drive because its got almost 0 turbo lag, pulls from as low as 1200 rpm unlike Beezza which needs at least 1800 revs to wake up,
Freestyle Titanium+ costs around 8.9 lakhs On road, while a smilarly loaded Brezza ZDi is around 10.4 lakhs in roas, so there is a significant gap,
The small cabin issue I feel wont be an issue unless one has a large body frame, Freestyle is a small car but gets all safety aids as well in top trims, also gets Android Auto and Apple car play, so navigation too wont be an issue.

If After sales and service are bad in South Mumbai stay away from Ford, also dont make a pre conception that Fords service and afte sales are bad as it used to be, because even in Trivandrum, while I bought my Figo it was really bad, Ford was boiling with issues like lack of replacement parts, lack of good labour, lack of reliability etc, but within 2 years everything changed, and by 2015 Ford is super strong here and is even better than Hyundai, so just try doing a small research on how the dealer and their service is nowadays,
If car is driven alone most of the time one wont have any issues with a Ford or Maruti or any car, also 80 kms a day demands for a diesel, and I have already test driven the Freestyle and the big advantage I feel for Freestyle over Brezza is ride quality, the Brezza is actually very stiff, and its well felt inside cabin, somehow despite being stiff the Freestyle felt it rode better, the bigger bumps like one meter large bumps etc are dealt better by Brezza but majority of small bumps, road imperfections, small ruts, small water pools, the Free had the advantage, also despite being a smaller car it felt more mature to drive than Brezza, the steering has more feedback and it felt extremely well planted on highways as well, if I am to nit pick again the Brezza has bigger seats so for some its more comforte there but I prefer the Freestyle seats because its size was apt for me, then there is the huge factor of price, the Freestyle pricing is just bonkers, I mean its under 9 lakh Rs on road for a fully loaded Titanium+ car, and even though Brezza and Ecosport and Nexon are bigger cars, the Freestyle can do 95% of what all these 3 compact SUVs can do without costing that much and in some aspects like handling can defeat the 3 compact SUVs as well, so if you are in a budget mind, definitely do check out Freestyle Titanium+ TDCi, and the engine of Freestyle is anyday better than Brezzas, its a bigger motor, so gas more talent and its easier to drive because its got almost 0 turbo lag, pulls from as low as 1200 rpm unlike Beezza which needs at least 1800 revs to wake up,
Freestyle Titanium+ costs around 8.9 lakhs On road, while a smilarly loaded Brezza ZDi is around 10.4 lakhs in roas, so there is a significant gap,
The small cabin issue I feel wont be an issue unless one has a large body frame, Freestyle is a small car but gets all safety aids as well in top trims, also gets Android Auto and Apple car play, so navigation too wont be an issue.
Thanks for your inept view & review on the FreeStyle, Ford has really shaken up the market with the killer pricing, even the base Ambient is nicely loaded 2 airbags, ABS with EBD, Remote lock with speed sensitive lock, park sensors, rear foglamp, body colored bumpers, no ICE, 5.09 & 6.09 ex showroom is a steal.

Thanks for your inept view & review on the FreeStyle, Ford has really shaken up the market with the killer pricing, even the base Ambient is nicely loaded 2 airbags, ABS with EBD, Remote lock with speed sensitive lock, park sensors, rear foglamp, body colored bumpers, no ICE, 5.09 & 6.09 ex showroom is a steal.
Yes.. the point is if one wants a bigger car feel, still Brezza Ecosport and Nexon are better choices, but its really cloae, the Freestyle is a sleeper, one cannot judge the capability of Freestyle by just looking at it, one gas to drive it to feel the difference and, even I was skeptical, but once I fell into some bumps, the second time I encountered another it was a piece of cake, then on I was driving it like gutters, bumps etc dosent matter and the Freestyle was like, OK id that only what you have got?

Its extremely capable for its size, I mean if Freestyle had 4x4 it would possibly be the best car to buy in India,

The place where Freestyle struggle are on very large bumps, the 185s cant quiet deal with huge bumps like how Nexom, Brezza,Ecosport etc deal, one has to slow down to crawling speeds, but even then the Freestyle didnt have issue with ground clearance or traction, infact I feel the lower kerb weight helps the matters even more effectively than Ecosport,Brezza,Nexon as it wont sink into slugh mud , and the linear nature of diesel and petrol just gave it more confidence. So what I feel is, if it is a big car one wants and a more spacious offering, Nexon is the BEST no doubt, Brezza is for say Maruti service alone, with new AMT on Nexon its got even more strong,
So where does the Freestyle stand, I feel it stands alone and playing its own game, its definitely superior than Etios Cross, I20 Cross ,Polo Cross, Ventura etc by a huge margin, and still honking horns on the back of Nexon,Ecosport,Brezza, a fine balance between hatch backs and a sub compact SUV.

At last VB with AMT, this is the Nexon effect, competition can be killing for an established product.

I hope MS has not just plonked the AMT just for the heck of it, as it is Brezza is very sluggish in the MT, and done some fine tuning to counter the double sluggishness of the slush box.

As the reviews are in favour of the Nexon AMT.

Thread Starter #120

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza gets AGS option. Launched @ Rs. 8, 54000 ( Ex-Showroom Delhi).

Sports new glossy black alloy wheels, all-black interiors, refreshed accents
and a new colour option of Autumn Orange

Certified for advanced safety ahead of regulations; dual air bags,
reverse parking sensors, ABS with EBD and high speed alert as standard

41692321322_26032b7118_k.jpg

41732852931_d39a9fac0c_k.jpg

41732849031_0ba7a96332_k.jpg

41015223854_5071fe0313_o.jpg

41732847401_720cf51dd1_k.jpg

New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) today introduced the blockbuster SUV Vitara Brezza with a new, enhanced look, and the convenience of the acclaimed Auto Gear Shift (AGS) as an option.

The exterior and interior features have been given a makeover, enhancing the bold and sporty character of the country’s most popular SUV. The new alloy wheels, in glossy black finish, add sportiness to the SUV's muscular wheel arches. To complement the premium look, the front chrome grille and back door chrome garnish have been made standard across all variants. The urban compact SUV’s interiors have been refreshed with an all-black colour scheme and complementing accents.

MSIL’s revolutionary two-pedal technology, Auto Gear Shift, is now being offered on Vitara Brezza. It has been fine-tuned for an optimum performance on Vitara Brezza, based on rigorous research of various driving patterns.

Dedicating the refreshed Vitara Brezza to customers, Mr. R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), MSIL said: “Vitara Brezza has been a game changer for India’s SUV market. We have enhanced its allure to meet aspirations of our young customers. They now have the option of Auto Gear Shift, the acclaimed two-pedal technology, for enhanced convenience. AGS has been very well accepted by customers, and sales of AGS variants in the Maruti Suzuki portfolio have tripled in three years. By making this technology available on Vitara Brezza, together with a refreshed design, we expect India’s number one SUV to become even more attractive.

Leading the way: Glamorous, Sporty and Stylish Vitara Brezza

· Cumulative sales of around 2.75 lakh units since launch

· 2017-18 sales at 148,462 units (up 36.7%)

· Average monthly sales : over 12,300 units

· Top variants (Z/Z+) contribute 56% of total sales

· Sporty and stylish looks have made Vitara Brezza top choice among customers

Vitara Brezza now complies with advanced safety regulations, including pedestrian safety, ahead of regulation timelines. The refreshed Vitara Brezza comes loaded with new safety features comprising ISOFIX child restraint system, high speed warning alert, dual air bags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors and front seat belt pre-tensioners and force limiters. These features have now been made standard across all variants. Vitara Brezza is already certified for offset and side impact crash tests since its launch.

Vitara Brezza with AGS will be offered in VDi, ZDi and ZDi+ variants.
Regards

Akash

Top Bottom