Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Drive Review

Okay... I am also trying to convince my father that Brezza will hold much better value 6-7 yrs down the line. And the path in which Honda seems to be going now it's brand perception has surely taken a hit.

Do you also own a Brezza. Then I will be in more safe and expert company
Then why not consider the Ford Ecosport as a 3rd opinion, TAI itself has over 500 pages on Ecosportwhich states Ecosport is fairly reliable product from Ford as it is their best seller, also if runing is low like say under 8000 kms a year Ford has choice of 2 petrol motors as well the 1.0 123 bhp ecoboost and the 1.5 110 PS petrol, also as per new reports Ford is as cheap as Maruti to service and maintain,
One thing is clear Ford is cheaper than Honda to service and maintain,

If Ford is a big NO, for some reason, I say Brezza all day is better product than BRV,
Better engine, better features,a more focused product like Ecosport rather than a hatch back trying to mimick a SUV like WRV

Yes I also had my own reservations about the WRV. Annual running shall cross 15000 kms atleast , so fixated on diesel.
I took two extensive test drives of the Vitara Brezza one back in November last year and another recently last week on a car which just arrived at the dealership a 2017 batch ZDI+. I don't know exactly the causes but it seems that the folks at production line are tinkering with the latest batch of the Brezza because I felt a holistic change in aspects of driving dynamics, steering precision and response and ride comfort. I also took a test drive of the EcoSport diesel last month and though you might find me ludicrous but I definitely felt the Brezza to be a better counterpart especially it is a joy on the highways. A number of individuals shoo away the Brezza to be a tin can build compared to the EcoSport. I just feel they are following a herd mentality in bashing Maruti. Don't get me wrong MS really went overboard in rendering Baleno to be lightweight but Vitara Brezza is a different story altogether. Just for numbers:- Let me say that the gross weight of the EcoSport is 160 odd kilos heavier than the Brezza. Now when you take into account that the 1.5 tdci unit itself outweigh the 1.3 Multijet by more than 100 kgs. So this fact alone puts all the clamouring about build quality and sheet metal ## and other mindless jargon that some biased and uninformed individuals seem to vehemently demonstrate

Last edited:
Yes I also had my own reservations about the WRV. Annual running shall cross 15000 kms atleast , so fixated on diesel.
I took two extensive test drives of the Vitara Brezza one back in November last year and another recently last week on a car which just arrived at the dealership a 2017 batch ZDI+. I don't know exactly the causes but it seems that the folks at production line are tinkering with the latest batch of the Brezza because I felt a holistic change in aspects of driving dynamics, steering precision and response and ride comfort. I also took a test drive of the EcoSport diesel last month and though you might find me ludicrous but I definitely felt the Brezza to be a better counterpart especially it is a joy on the highways. A number of individuals shoo away the Brezza to be a tin can build compared to the EcoSport. I just feel they are following a herd mentality in bashing Maruti. Don't get me wrong MS really went overboard in rendering Baleno to be lightweight but Vitara Brezza is a different story altogether. Just for numbers:- Let me say that the gross weight of the EcoSport is 160 odd kilos heavier than the Brezza. Now when you take into account that the 1.5 tdci unit itself outweigh the 1.3 Multijet by more than 100 kgs. So this fact alone puts all the clamouring about build quality and sheet metal ## and other mindless jargon that some biased and uninformed individuals seem to vehemently demonstrate
No there is a reason why Ford has so much fan following the built quality, its proven, Marutis have never been proven safe and SMART, but since they have like 1800+:290+ dealer networks people go by Maruti,
That said I too liked the brezza, I am not saying its dynamically bad, but I found that its because Brezza comes stock with 210 section tires as opposed to 205s in Ford and Ford stands higher at 205 mm so the dynamics sure is a little on roll side rather than precision side like it is in Figo,Fiesta etc
Now Fords 1.5 TDCi is just 22 kg heavier than 1.3 MJD, The Ecosport definitely is a much better built compact SUV with 22% high strength boron steel, a proper front crumble zone and crash bars, and class leading airbags on offer.

So safety side Ford wins hands down, but as you have said before the Ford aint that strong dynamically like its other siblings, but more than enough for a regular joe, what I liked better is it felt quieter inside, front seat ride quality felt better than Brezza while back seat is a clear win for Brezza, and the turbo lag free nature of engine, the Brezza had a lot more lag compared to Ecosport, again its your wish, But I guess Ecosport will be any day better product than WRV

Please tell me what is the legitimate cost one should charge for the best high gloss vinyl wrapping the roofs and pillars of Vitara Brezza. i.e what should be the max. Reasonable price for this job. I stay in Kolkata. As of now I know only one place IK2 concept car centre in Kolkata who do this job as our honoured member AKASH told me. So I need to know a ballpark estimate.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #95

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Please tell me what is the legitimate cost one should charge for the best high gloss vinyl wrapping the roofs and pillars of Vitara Brezza. i.e what should be the max. Reasonable price for this job. I stay in Kolkata. As of now I know only one place IK2 concept car centre in Kolkata who do this job as our honoured member AKASH told me. So I need to know a ballpark estimate.
About Rs. 6-7K Max for the wrap job. Do check for the corners/edges and get them properly sealed as well buddy.

Regards

Akash

This waiting period hiatus for Vitara Brezza by Maruti is just disgusting. Already 3 months gone by. Still no news of delivery. Is there anyway to stimulate my delivery process. I just can't take it anymore..

Is it possible to avail the icreate accessories in other aftermarket shops? I feel that most of the items are overpriced. For ex- They are charging 9500/-for Premium PU seat covers!

Garnishing items too seem to be overpriced..

Thread Starter #98

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Is it possible to avail the icreate accessories in other aftermarket shops. They are charging 9500/-for Premium PU seat covers!
icreate accessory package is specifically designed for Brezza from MSIL so chances are very less about the same package being offered in aftermarket shops buddy.

Regards

Akash

Its been 3 months and owning the Brezza has been pleasant experience. It is a really good car although I do think Creta is giving it a tough competition. The build quality is indeed poor and the doors vibrate a lot. The windows when rolled up cause a noise and at 140+ speeds theres a significant and loud whistling sound. But still economy and engine wise best combo for a compact SUV. WRV engine is too loud.. it is almost irritating and sounds like you are driving a truck.

I love the Brezza even though I've also faced some issues with the doors being really thin and a whistling noise at 140+ speeds. But for a price around 11.5 with all features including Cruise control I think its value for money. Wonder why no one raises a finger on creta which is priced at 3 lakhs more and doesnt even offer cruise control.

I love the Brezza even though I've also faced some issues with the doors being really thin and a whistling noise at 140+ speeds. But for a price around 11.5 with all features including Cruise control I think its value for money. Wonder why no one raises a finger on creta which is priced at 3 lakhs more and doesnt even offer cruise control.
Cant complain much on the Creat since its interior feels far more plush than the Brezzas, there is more space inside and does have a much more refined interior and quieter cabin and way more powerful engine as well,
Still a whopping 3 lakhs is not justified but a 2 lakhs extra is there in the Creta more than Brezza

Vitara Brezza bookings go strong , waiting period swells to 22 weeks.

Maruti Suzuki's backlog swells to 1.5 lakh units with strinhg demand from Brezza, Dzire and Baleno.

The three models continue to witness strong demand and the waiting period stands at 16 weeks for Baleno and new Dzire and 22 weeks for Brezza, the company management told the investors’ conference call.
Vitara Brezza Petrol Variant launching soon.

Link

I do not understand why Maruti Suzuki is trying to make a perception that they will try to do away with diesel by claiming that they will likely discontinue smaller diesel engines, and then launching the Vitara Brezza only in diesel and converting even petrol minded customers into buying diesel! A load of customers have been flocking to showrooms asking for the petrol, from the launch time. And the buyers have also been brainwashed now and more ten thousand diesel Brezzas are being sold in the country now every single month! I'm very sure that a majority of these ten thousands every month will not be gaining anything significant financially, over their period of ownership, by buying the diesel. That diesel engine is not an exceptional scorcher either if you look at it that way.

In these times of severe pollution, they are still promoting diesel engines and making the customers flock to it too! Why would Maruti do this ? Do they have more financial gains from selling the diesel ? Also if someone is replying that even if the petrol comes, diesel will be the one selling more, it being a 'CSUV', isn't that a perception we unnecessarily created ourselves ? Atleast for this class of a vehicle, shouldn't we be promoting petrol more , from the cost and environmental viewpoints ?

kkn13

Suspended
The 1.3 MJD is a fine engine, its fairly refined and clutch etc is excellent
For the asking price, its not like the customers were "brainwashed", they could have easily gone in for Ecosport, Baleno , Polo , City for petrols

How come you arent pointing fingers to Ford, Tata,VW,Hyundai ? Arent they also offering lacklustre petrols in the range and "brainwashing" the customer to buy diesel

No one is forced to buy anything

If anything, people actually shy away from diesels now after NGT

The 1.3 MJD is a fine engine, its fairly refined and clutch etc is excellent
For the asking price, its not like the customers were "brainwashed", they could have easily gone in for Ecosport, Baleno , Polo , City for petrols

How come you arent pointing fingers to Ford, Tata,VW,Hyundai ? Arent they also offering lacklustre petrols in the range and "brainwashing" the customer to buy diesel

No one is forced to buy anything

If anything, people actually shy away from diesels now after NGT
Kind of disagree with that
Ford has ecoboost, 110 HP 1.5 petrol as petrol options
In Tata there is 1.2 Revetron
In VW there is Polo 1.2 i3 and 1.2 TSi+DSG
In Hyundai we have 1.6 petrol motor with Creta

And none here is lack luster , maybe they are not as strong as turbos because of lack of diesel but all other brands have bigger petrol motors or turbo petrol motors to power their cars

Top Bottom