Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Drive Review

Test drove brezza today at DD Motors, and oh man I was seriously very happy that I went ahead with ecosport and didn't book brezza. Anyway, I would second on Ciaz being a better option then brezza in every sense, and ecosport a better bet then Brezza too.
SO what was your impression man,
I saw the car in person and I was terrified top see the pathetic built quality of doors and interior which felt too damn cheap for a 10+ lakhs car
Actually I thought Ecosport interiors were cheap when I compared it with Vento,Rapid, now I feel Brezza has made a new poor quality benchmark standard in the compact SUV calss[lol]

To keep the momentum going the Vitara Brezza petrol - 1.0L bosterjet will debut in the festive season.
MSuzuki may not be in a hurry to introduce the Brezza Petrol even though the market has shown a drastic slide towards petrol cars in the last 3 months.
The bigger problem is that products are built over years. Maruti’s new compact SUV Brezza was conceptualised in 2012-13, so a petrol variant was not in the scheme of things. “That time diesel was an in thing,” said Randhir Singh Kalsi, head of sales and marketing at Maruti Suzuki. So, is there a petrol engine coming? “There are a number of projects in the pipeline, but not in the near future… But we have seen a significant shift towards petrol in hatchbacks,” Kalsi said.
source: As market shifts to petrol, carmakers struggle with diesel capacity | business | Hindustan Times
Sales of diesel vehicles have been on the decline even before the court imposed the ban in NCR to test its impact on the quality of air. In the financial year ended in March 2015, diesel car sales dropped 5.7% from the previous year, while those of petrol cars rose 12.35%.
source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Last edited:
So car makers are becoming like cell phone makers, introducing new models but nothing dynamic.
Thats the basic strategy employed by all industries. A matter of survival.
For car manufacturers its just the issue of getting the right engine and a platform.
With this engine and a platform they can make a hatchback, compact sedan, compact suv, sedan and MUV. Using marketing terms and other techniques to attract the customer, they can ensure that the sales keep on ticking.
In India, Maruti Suzuki is the king in implementing this strategy as they have understood the Indian psychology too well.
Other manufacturers make good cars and wait for Indians to like them.
MS makes only cars which Indians and only Indians like.

"Other car makers make good cars", World wide Volkswagen emission scandal, even in India they stopped some models production due to inconsistent CO emissions , ford recall 40000+ aspire and figo over air bag issues, premature component failures. Honda amaze brake pad issues. XUV 500 windshield wipers scratching winshield, replacing windshield looses car value. etc etc. One more thing other makers have ehics, MSIL do not have ethics. It has become now personal feel rather than truth.

-Suryaputhra

"Other car makers make good cars", World wide Volkswagen emission scandal, even in India they stopped some models production due to inconsistent CO emissions , ford recall 40000+ aspire and figo over air bag issues, premature component failures. Honda amaze brake pad issues. XUV 500 windshield wipers scratching winshield, replacing windshield looses car value. etc etc. One more thing other makers have ehics, MSIL do not have ethics. It has become now personal feel rather than truth.

-Suryaputhra
Again, ethics is what makes a person better, not even better engineering can make one feel comfortable and safe,
Sure all brands have fair share of troubles but that dosent mean Maruti is trouble free and it makes better cars,
If we go by engineering prowess not just Maruti but even its parent the Suzuki is nothing before the others, Fords recall is a much appreciated recall as per me because THEY DO CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS SAFETY, thats why they issues recall, they could have kept mum and amassed more sales, but thats the ethics, even the slightest carelessness can take lives, so Ford is ready to sacrifice a few customers for its customers safety,[clap]
Again yes other brands makes good cars, there is no question about it
Figo,Polo,Grand i10, is any day better car than SWift
Ecosport is a better car than Brezza,
Vento/Rapid is far far far far better cars than Ciaz
Jetta,Octavia, is light years better than Kizashi...
See what does MSIL have NOTHING
Wanna make an engine inventory marathon(since I am a Ford guy lets start with Ford)
Petrols
1.0 i3 TiVCT 60,80 hp
1.0 i3 GTDi 100,123,140,200 HP
1.2 i4 TiVCT 84 HP
1.5 TiVCT 110 hp
1.5 GTDi 150,160,180 hp
1.6 GTDi 196 hp
2.0 TiVCT 140,160,170 HP
2.0 GTDi 200,240 HP
2.3 GTDi 280,310,345 HP
2.5 TiVCT 175 HP
2.7 v6 GTDi 315,330 HP
3.5 v6 GTDi 350,380,600+ HP
3.5 v6 TiVCT 280,305 HP
5.0 v8 TiVCT 390, 418,435 HP
5.2 v8 FPC 526 HP
6.2 v8 411 HP

Now lets start diesels
1.5 8v TDCi 75,90,95,100 HP
1.5 16v TDCi 90,120 HP
2.0 16v TDCi 150,180 HP
2.0 16v TT TDCi 210 HP
3.0 v6 TT Lion 240 HP(JLR is the chief user of this engine)
3.2 TDCi 200 HP

Now try that for Suzuki, Suzuki cannot even come close to Honda,Toyota,VW,Ford etc in terms of engineering prowess or skills, its just that Suzuki got the Indian populations grand hold long before most other brands got good hold in our market, remember if it wasnt for India, MSIL would have been bought by some other brand by now[lol]

Last edited:
Dear members,

I have some questions about Vitara Brezza base model.
I liked the car and the base model fits well in my budget. I am considering LDI (O) variant.
I made a comparison between LDI O and VDI O, most of the things can be done aftermarket but i am concerned about below features whether it can be done aftermarket or not.

Anti Theft Security System - Stock vs Aftermarket? How reliable it would be? Car would be parked away from home hence needs a very well anti theft security system!

Central Locking 4 door to 5 door? - Can this be done aftermarket?

Electric Back Door Opening - Do we get the option to open the Back door Manually sitting inside the car or it needs to be open with the help of key? Can this be changed to Electric in the LDI O Model?

Also, will warranty be affected with the above jobs, if done aftermarket?

Thanks
Nitin

Thread Starter #39

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Anti Theft Security System - Stock vs Aftermarket? How reliable it would be? Car would be parked away from home hence needs a very well anti theft security system!
I would suggest Nitin, go for the Anti Theft system provided by the dealer as an accessory. That ways, no warranty issues will be there. Also get a gear lock fixed.

Central Locking 4 door to 5 door? - Can this be done aftermarket?
You can request the dealer for it but I don't think they would be wiring the boot door as well to be operated with central locking remote. However, avoid going for an aftermarket product.

Electric Back Door Opening- Do we get the option to open the Back door Manually sitting inside the car or it needs to be open with the help of key? Can this be changed to Electric in the LDI O Model?
You can't change the OEM mechanism because then these type of alterations lead to warranty issues and it is also difficult to get an after-market solution to it.

Also, will warranty be affected with the above jobs, if done aftermarket?
For point 2 & 3 YES

Regards

Akash

Does anybody know how can i use a higher capacity SD card with Brezza ZDI+ touch screen Head unit ? The stock SD card is 4GB and i want to store music in it. 2 GB is already taken by Map data. So i purchased a higher capacity SD card and copied map data and music to it. SD card is detected and music work. But Navigation says "Version mismatch" error. Does that mean that i am stuck forever with 4GB OEM card?

The same Head unit is in s-cross and ciaz, so if someone can throw light on it.

Thanks

Checked Vitara Brezza ZDi+, noticed that its Touchscreen ICE read & plays only low resolution videos from USB drive. It doesn't read or play any HD(even 720p) format videos. The top end variant in which it is offered at a distinguished price over ZDi variant this wasn't expected, considering the sort of other functionality & utility it offers with great Navigation, RearCam & Apple carplay system.

Anybody having any other experience, please do share.

Thread Starter #42

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Checked Vitara Brezza ZDi+, noticed that its Touchscreen ICE read & plays only low resolution videos from USB drive. It doesn't read or play any HD(even 720p) format videos.
It is possible that the ICE Unit isn't HD compatible. You can re-size / enhance the videos using various platforms available on the net and then try playing it.

Regards

Akash

Again, ethics is what makes a person better, not even better engineering can make one feel comfortable and safe,
Sure all brands have fair share of troubles but that dosent mean Maruti is trouble free and it makes better cars,
If we go by engineering prowess not just Maruti but even its parent the Suzuki is nothing before the others, Fords recall is a much appreciated recall as per me because THEY DO CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS SAFETY, thats why they issues recall, they could have kept mum and amassed more sales, but thats the ethics, even the slightest carelessness can take lives, so Ford is ready to sacrifice a few customers for its customers safety,[clap]
Again yes other brands makes good cars, there is no question about it
Figo,Polo,Grand i10, is any day better car than SWift
Ecosport is a better car than Brezza,
Vento/Rapid is far far far far better cars than Ciaz
Jetta,Octavia, is light years better than Kizashi...
See what does MSIL have NOTHING
Wanna make an engine inventory marathon(since I am a Ford guy lets start with Ford)
Petrols
1.0 i3 TiVCT 60,80 hp
1.0 i3 GTDi 100,123,140,200 HP
1.2 i4 TiVCT 84 HP
1.5 TiVCT 110 hp
1.5 GTDi 150,160,180 hp
1.6 GTDi 196 hp
2.0 TiVCT 140,160,170 HP
2.0 GTDi 200,240 HP
2.3 GTDi 280,310,345 HP
2.5 TiVCT 175 HP
2.7 v6 GTDi 315,330 HP
3.5 v6 GTDi 350,380,600+ HP
3.5 v6 TiVCT 280,305 HP
5.0 v8 TiVCT 390, 418,435 HP
5.2 v8 FPC 526 HP
6.2 v8 411 HP

Now lets start diesels
1.5 8v TDCi 75,90,95,100 HP
1.5 16v TDCi 90,120 HP
2.0 16v TDCi 150,180 HP
2.0 16v TT TDCi 210 HP
3.0 v6 TT Lion 240 HP(JLR is the chief user of this engine)
3.2 TDCi 200 HP

Now try that for Suzuki, Suzuki cannot even come close to Honda,Toyota,VW,Ford etc in terms of engineering prowess or skills, its just that Suzuki got the Indian populations grand hold long before most other brands got good hold in our market, remember if it wasnt for India, MSIL would have been bought by some other brand by now[lol]
This opens the closet for Maruti. How MS is milking money from India, without much effort. As far as Breeza is concerned, looks are good, but no heart.The same old 1.3 DDis engine .Indians, we will queue up for anything Maruti, still thinks that it is owned by Indian government. [frustration]

This opens the closet for Maruti. How MS is milking money from India, without much effort. As far as Breeza is concerned, looks are good, but no heart.The same old 1.3 DDis engine .Indians, we will queue up for anything Maruti, still thinks that it is owned by Indian government. [frustration]
Exactly man, I saw and sat inside the Brezza in person and for me at least it felt far cheaper than the Ecosport, I got a feeling like I am in a beefed up Wagon R, not even a beefed up Swift
The doors etc felt wafer thin, some what thinner than new Figo/Aspire, level of built quality which is way below par for the compact SUV class norm[frustration]

With over 1800 dealers across our nation and with over 30 years of being in India Maruti has taken the customers trust too much and has started to play with customer for their benefits as well
Its high time the new BNCAP and useless rules like banning of 10+ year old diesels be banned for better safety and green norms

Thread Starter #45

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Indians, we will queue up for anything Maruti, still thinks that it is owned by Indian government.
This is the very core reason for MSIL's survival with poor built quality but FE friendly engine. We the buyers happily submit ourselves to the whims and fancies of MSIL.

Exactly man, I saw and sat inside the Brezza in person and for me at least it felt far cheaper than the Ecosport
Exact same words were spoken by an owner of Ecosport at the Mumbai dealership when I went there to TD the Brezza.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom