Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Compact Crossover Launched

Re: Maruti Suzuki's Compact Crossover Vitara Brezza Launching in March

Seems Vitara Brezza will be sold through Maruthi Suzuki and not NEXA.
Any ideas ?

Sandeep

Thread Starter #32

Seems Vitara Brezza will be sold through Maruthi Suzuki and not NEXA.
Any ideas ?

Sandeep

Will not be sold through Nexa. It will be sold through Maruti Suzuki's regular dealerships.

All said and done, it will be a pain to see this beautifully executed desi design, puttering around with the DDIS national engine, and as per reports no AMT, lets see what MS throws up

Isnt it a bit crowded for Maruti itself to sell 3 different cars in the same price space ? For approx 9-10 lac, you can have a top-end Baleno diesel with 330 litre boot space and 75 bhp engine, a lower end S-Cross with 90 BHP engine and 350 litres boot space and now probably V-Brezza with 90 bhp engine and 300-350 litre boot space. With 4m restriction, I cant imagine how the space will be greater than 400 litres. And if it is, then what is the usp of S-Cross over the Brezza ? I am emphasizing on boot space as a differentiating factor, because I really dont see how this is remotely close to an SUV. If they wanted to get an SUV, they should have spruced up the Gypsy.
I will take back my words if they give this an AWD option and atleast 200mm GC.

Brezza has got the Cross/ SUV type looks, it has the potential to do very well.

Vitara will only be available with a diesel engine initially. Just read this news on overdrive. They say that the 1.4 petrol has been dropped to en cash on tax benefits.
This is a shocker to me since I see a lot of people moving towards petrol no-a-days. The DDIS in its 90 hp tune is not that bad in my opinion (sans the lag).

So there might still be hope for the petrol engine at launch!

In reply to asking why Maruti is not promoting petrol over the polluting diesel engines and especially in our current overly polluted situation, The official Facebook page of Vitara Brezza had this in reply:
stay tuned to know more! These can just be rumours, wait until 3rd Feb to witness the global premiere of #VitaraBrezza at Auto Expo - The Motor Show 2016.
This could just be a defensive reply for now, but still!

Overdrive claims they have exclusive details of all variants of Vitara Brezza!

This should probably be early draft print or something beacuse many features seem misplaced! ORVM turn indicators are mentioned in the ZDi+ for example! There is no way that will only be present on the top model, right ? So yes, this list i guess includes all the features the Brezza will have but doesn;t precisely define which variant gets what, don't you think so ?

There will be six trims of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza- LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi (O), ZDi and ZDi+. The details of each variant are listed below:

Maruti Vitara Brezza LDi

The base trim or LDi as we know it will have twin pod headlamps with the turn indicators on the bumper. It will have 15-inch steel wheels. There will also be a SUV body kit which we believe is Maruti speak for side cladding. Front power windows, a parcel tray, manual AC, tilt steering, manual day/night IRVM, speed sensitive door locks, Bluetooth-enabled music system and driver foot rest will be offered. Driver airbag will be standard across the range.

Maruti Vitara Brezza LDi (O)

This trim adds all the features from the LDi but also brings in a front seat belt pretensioner, passenger airbag and ABS with EBD.

Maruti Vitara Brezza VDi

Blacked out floating A-B-C pillars, front-rear black skid plates, black roof rails, full wheel cover and body coloured door handles are the features which distinguish the VDi from the LDi. Maruti is also offering keyless entry, gear shift indicator, rear power windows, driver side seat back hook which can carry loads up to 3kg, seat back pockets, passenger vanity mirror, rear seat head rests, fabric insert on door and fabric roof lining. Additionally an electromagnetic tail gate and security alarm are also available.

Maruti Vitara Brezza VDi (O)

The O trim is usually the safety options pack that Maruti now offers with almost its entire range of cars in India. This one brings in the same safety features like the LDi (O)- passenger airbag and ABS with EBD.

Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi

Bigger 215/60 R16 tyres on alloy wheels, projector headlamps with LED DRLs, front fog lamps, chrome front grille, gunmetal grey roof rails, front and rear silver skid plates. Inside, there is auto AC, a piano black centre console with side louver rings, 60:40 split rear seats, driver-side seat height adjuster, steering wheel with audio controls, rear window washer and wiper, mood light in speedometer, sun glass holder in over head console, chrome inside door handle, higher grade fabric seats, vanity mirror lamp and boot accessory socket as well as lamp. On the safety front, dual front airbags and ABS with EBD are available.

Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Auto headlamps, rain sensing auto wipers, electric folding ORVMs, turn indicators on ORVMs, keyless entry and push button start, reverse parking camera, Smartplay infotainement w/ CarPlay, inbuilt navigation w/ Mapcare (which updates your map data with every service), cooled upper glovebox, cruise control with a switch on the steering wheel, sliding front armrest with storage and front seat belt height adjuster. The ZDi+ also gets dual tone paint option.
Source: Overdrive

Last edited:

That's a whole lot of kit, the safety features coming as standard in the ZDI, but Optional even in the base varient.

I would be interested to see the 2 color tone on the ZDI.

If the KW is around a ton+-, the DDIS should do well

This should probably be early draft print or something beacuse many features seem misplaced! ORVM turn indicators are mentioned in the ZDi+ for example! There is no way that will only be present on the top model, right ? So yes, this list i guess includes all the features the Brezza will have but doesn;t precisely define which variant gets what, don't you think so ?

Thread Starter #43

The stunning Vitara Brezza for you!

1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Does Anyone have any idea what is the Kerb Weight of the Vitara Brezza is going to be, will it like the Ertiga/ S-Cross on the heavier side or the Lighter Ciaz/Baleno/Swift stable?

Last edited:

If this is true, then I will be disappointed. IMO, 75BHP is way too less for a compact suv/crossover. In fact, I am kinda getting bored by the same 1.3 DDis engine that maruti is using across several of it's vehicles. I would love to see more powerful engines in Baleno, Breeza and Ignis maybe.

Top Bottom