Maruti Suzuki To Launch 20 New Models in Next 5 Years

Thread Starter #1
India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki to launch 20 models in 5 years

India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki to launch 20 models in 5 years - The Economic Times

Maruti Suzuki, India's largest carmaker, is gearing up for a major product onslaught with the launch of 15-20 new vehicles in five years, people familiar with the matter told ET. To remain competitive and protect market share, the auto giant will continue to focus on low-cost vehicles, with 70-80% of its future offerings likely to be in the small car segment, including facelifts and variants.

Of the new products planned, five are in advanced stages of development. The company is likely to roll out sub-4 metre Swift Dzire at the 2012 Auto Expo in Delhi. This will be followed by a multi-purpose vehicle based on the R-III concept, an A Star facelift, Ritz backlift, and next generation Alto 800 by early 2013.

The company will invest Rs 1,000-1,500 crore on product development, including its upcoming R&D unit at Rohtak, over the next three-five years. The Rohtak facility will be operational by the first half of 2014. A dedicated R&D facility will lower cost of development and enable aggressive pricing, said industry experts.

Source : ET

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch 20 models in 5 years

hmm..msil will launch 4 models per year. they have launched swift and k10 this year. R3 is coming..but what is ritz backlift??

haha finally someone realised, the ritz looks like it got rear ended is about to rectify it. I think its a very aggressive move on marutis part and will keep the competition thinking on their toes!

So new DZire in 2012! And BTW what exactly means a backlift? Does it means new design only for the rear end?

Thread Starter #7

So new DZire in 2012! And BTW what exactly means a backlift? Does it means new design only for the rear end?
Rear end design change on priority [;)]

k10 this year
K10 launched in August 2010

350Z

Core Team

Maruti Suzuki Ritz backlift is something to look forward. They will be doing some cosmetic tweaks on the rear end to suit the taste of majority of buyers. Personally, I have no hatred for the looks of Ritz. But I only hope that they do not end up spoiling it more than what it is right now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Upcoming Vehicles From Maruti Suzuki

Business Standard has a news of the list of upcoming vehicles from the Maruti Suzuki stable. So I thought it would be worth a new thread.
Mods: Please merge it to some existing thread if you think otherwise.

Upcoming vehicles:

• Palette and MR-Wagon - Both 660cc cars to be unveiled during the Delhi Auto Expo in Jan.

• A Multi-utility vehicle (MUV) - Yet to be named, to be launched by March 2012.

• Ertiga- the MPV.

• A compact sport utility vehicle (SUV), a concept version of which will be unveiled in Jan, while the production version is expected to hit the market later. [clap]
Source:
Coming soon: Maruti's nano

Re: Upcoming Vehicles From Maruti Suzuki

Business Standard has a news of the list of upcoming vehicles from the Maruti Suzuki stable. So I thought it would be worth a new thread.
Mods: Please merge it to some existing thread if you think otherwise.

Upcoming vehicles:

• Palette and MR-Wagon - Both 660cc cars to be unveiled during the Delhi Auto Expo in Jan.

• A Multi-utility vehicle (MUV) - Yet to be named, to be launched by March 2012.

• Ertiga- the MPV.

• A compact sport utility vehicle (SUV), a concept version of which will be unveiled in Jan, while the production version is expected to hit the market later. [clap]
Source:
Coming soon: Maruti's nano
Another MUV? That's a news for me.

Thats a useful info. But, i don't see any eye catching plans by Maruti. Will MPV's be a hit in india or just another Kizashi disaster? [:O]
MPVs are always a hit in a country like ours.

AMG

Suspended
New Dzire
Ritz facelift
alto facelift
k10 facelift
astar facelift
eeco facelift
vitara facelift
kizashi facelift
sx4 facelift estilo facelift

MPVs are always a hit in a country like ours.
I somehow don't agree to that buddy. MPV's do show sales but not a hit. Remember the last MPV from Maruti -> Eeco? Its selling because of non-omni but not a hit. Can you help me if i'm wrong.

New Dzire
Ritz facelift
alto facelift
k10 facelift
astar facelift
eeco facelift
vitara facelift
kizashi facelift
sx4 facelift estilo facelift
Ha ha ha. Good to see the plans for facelifts but Swift's waiting period is still a Facedown![evil]

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom