Maruti Suzuki to Hit 1 Million Cars Rollout by 2010

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
India’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited expects to roll out one million cars before the end of current financial year. Maruti is also planning to introduce a new model that will replace Versa. The new model will be showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2010. Maruti plans to spend at least Rs 2000 crores to expand its operations in India. “On the back of high demand for compact cars, both in the domestic as well as overseas market, the company hopes to achieve full production capacity of 1-million units by the end of this fiscal,” I.V. Rao, managing executive officer, Maruti Suzuki India said.

Maruti will also renovate the production facilities at its all three manufacturing units. It will begin with shutting down one of its three manufacturing units in Gurgaon and add new capacity of at least 70,000 – 90,000 units by December. Apart from Gurgaon, Manesar plant will also have additional installed capacity before the end of current fiscal year. A new production line is likely to be set up at the Manesar unit, which will have a capacity of 3 lakh units per year," stated Maruti spokesperson.

Maruti is riding high on its passenger car demand from domestic as well as overseas markets. It intends to double its exports from the Mundra port. Gujarat Chief Minister Modi has already invited Maruti Suzuki to invest in the state and set up its new manufacturing unit for exports of its new small car models. Maruti currently exports its A-star model through Mundra port.

Source: CTI

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am sure they will achieve. India is becoming small car market hub of the world, and Maruti is the leader in India, so they will have great time ahead.
Other companies also trying to increase their pie here.

But Hyundai is really catching them up!

We need an stunning design from maruti again!!

When will you come back maruti ??

Yeah Hyundai is sure catching up with i10 and i20!! After the Swift no model from maruti has been really impressive!!

Yeah Hyundai is sure catching up with i10 and i20!! After the Swift no model from maruti has been really impressive!!
Yeah right. Maruti as of now is just relying on its old models. In its new models only Swift has been a hit, Ritz to an extent(due to brilliant petrol engine). If it goes like this, Maruti will be in serious trouble. Maruti needs to improve its designing skills of car. A-star concept was very beautiful, but production car isn't. And these magazines, just praise all the newly launched cars for its looks.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Hyundai Motors are Volume Players, Among them Maruti Suzuki has highest share in small Car Market, So it won't really be a surprise news if they touch 1 Million Car Production Milestone by the targetted month.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
I see an upgraded Swift on the horizon. Don't know why, just a feeling in the gut.

Maruti has never failed in what they have planned ( Except for success with th A-Star/Estilo ) [lol!]

Hyundai should target the sedan segment now. People have had enough of the boring (but beautiful) Accent. The Elantra was a futile attempt at the targeted class. The Sonata was selling purely because it looked like Merc. The Embera is not selling decent numbers as well. Time for another i-candy perhaps.

Maruti Suzuki Ritz being exported to Indonesia

Maruti Suzuki India has announced that they have begun exporting their Ritz small car to the South East Asian countries.

The first batch has been sent to Indonesia.

Maruti already export their A-Star hatchback to Europe for sale under the Suzuki brand.

A company representative said: “Indonesia is a prime destination for Ritz. On Wednesday, the first lot of 500 units of Ritz, sporting 1.2 liter petrol engine are being dispatched to Indonesia.”

In India, Ritz is offered with 1.2 liter petrol and 1.3 liter diesel engines.

Maruti said: “A-star and Ritz represent important steps by an Indian company to emerge as a car manufacturer with global appeal. It is in line with parent Suzuki Motor Corp’s vision of turning India into a global hub for compact cars.”

I would not say ugly , but two of the not so good looking cars from Maruti seems like will be enjoying success abroad also.

Top Bottom