Maruti Suzuki SX4 VVT Road Tested

350Z

Core Team
Apart from Automatic option, nothing much has changed. Let us see how market likes it. We will wait for next few months sales chart.
The Variable Timing Techonology engine is another improvement. It won't have had happened if Stricter Emission Norms wouldn't have been planned by Govt.
We expect the Sales Chart to notice a slight hit with introduction of Auto Transmission as its much needed for a car of this segment. Quite unfortunate that prices have gone upwards of both variants (AT & MT) which may result in bit snatching of sales by other competitiors.

excellent review zinam!
this will really help my cousin now! he was in love with SX4 but got eventually bored maybe this will refresh some things
This is great. Let's know his budget and other requirements.
We might be of some help to him. [:)]

Great work Zinam. I believe that there are some talks going on between FIAT and MSIL for the 1.9L diesel engine, btu fiat is refusing so as to launch the Linea1.9(Expected in 2011-2012, so dont expect SX4 1.9L before Linea1.9L)
Yes, Fiat will first introduce Diesel Powerplant in its Linea as it needs much more attention but we never know, Maybe some miracles happen at Auto Expo 2010!

Good car but still the FE is not impressive!! 190MM ground clearance with the side skirts is amazing!!And yes am also expecting a diesel engine in this car!!
There is only 1-2Kpl Difference in Fuel Economy, So not yet the best in Class and special Thanks to the role of Automatic Transmission as well.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #17
Ahhh... Here i am to type the same lines again.[lol]

Nice work Zinam,keep it up [clap]
Thanks Neil!

Great work Zinam again. I think you test review is crisp and clear.

Apart from Automatic option, nothing much has changed. Let us see how market likes it. We will wait for next few months sales chart.
Thanks RSM!

I will say that it will not top the charts as it is priced on par with Honda City.

Another excellent review zinam.

How quick the car kicksdown? is there any lag?

180*, 360*, etc.. that's the thing you can enjoy in a Suzuki. You can even play with the handbrake lever, the direct steering will help you to steer even under low grip condition with screeching tyres.
Thanks Crazy Cat!

Yes, I do felt the Lag when you are in "2" mode. Felt this gear is bit roaring.

360 * 180 was real fun with such a huge vehicle [lol]

excellent review zinam!
this will really help my cousin now!
he was in love with SX4 but got eventually bored
maybe this will refresh some things
Thanks Archit!

Get your Cousin onboard, he will get lot more suprises!

Great work Zinam. I believe that there are some talks going on between FIAT and MSIL for the 1.9L diesel engine, btu fiat is refusing so as to launch the Linea1.9(Expected in 2011-2012, so dont expect SX4 1.9L before Linea1.9L)
Thanks Akash!

And for all your Suprise the contract between FIAT & Suzuki is ending this year[shock]

Suzuki cannot sell FIAT Diesel engine any more!!

I should share the Credits with 350Z for spending lot of time for presenting it in such a nice manner.

And for all your Suprise the contract between FIAT & Suzuki is ending this year[shock]

Suzuki cannot sell FIAT Diesel engine any more!!]
This is for new engines, like 1.9 etc., or existing one, like 1.3MJD.
What will happen to Ritz and Swift. I am sure suzuki will have some back-up engine otherwise they would anyhow continue the agreement.

I should share the Credits with 350Z for spending lot of time for presenting it in such a nice manner.
You both guys rocks man. Keep the good work. So many new car is about to launch. Polo should be most watched lauch, take some appointment now itself[:)].

350Z

Core Team
RSM said:
You both guys rocks man. Keep the good work. So many new car is about to launch. Polo should be most watched lauch, take some appointment now itself[:)].
Even we are equally excited for the Polo.
We will try the best to put up the First Report of car Online, Just like in case of Manza.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #21
Hey nice review Zinam!! managed to brave the chennai rains and produced this TD review for us!![clap]

Good car but still the FE is not impressive!! 190MM ground clearance with the side skirts is amazing!!And yes am also expecting a diesel engine in this car!!
Thanks Cooldhaya!

Yes FE is bit down compared to the competetion. But AT is a real fun to drive!

This is for new engines, like 1.9 etc., or existing one, like 1.3MJD.
What will happen to Ritz and Swift. I am sure suzuki will have some back-up engine otherwise they would anyhow continue the agreement.

Thanks RSM!

I think it cannot be that way which will create confusions when few engines are from FIAT & few from Suzuki!

This is the only reason maruti is giving more Ads now in Tv.

And also another reason BSIV engines are coming soon!

Excellent review guys! This review is complete [thumbswink]
Thanks Shynish

Do tune in more exiting action from TAI[thumbsup]

good going guys, finally maruti has offered a better auto box on sx4, much much better then their offerings till now in zen and esteem.4 box auto has done better refinment in new sx4, but along with that prices has gone quite higher as well.rightly said by CC, 180/360 is what maruti vehicles are capable off.I guess they have still not offered all disc brakes which should have been, no arm rest for passengers, middle seat in back row still feels hard and not easy to seat, but good thing that they have given foot rest which is a boon in long runs.When is diesel engine expected guys, and on what offering, i guess would be almost above 10Lacs for that.

Thanks Akash!
Suzuki cannot sell FIAT Diesel engine any more!!
Is this a recent development because i read abt this Suzuki-Fiat deal about 3months back. At that time suzuki was not happy with fiats move.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Just noticed another minor change - The lip spoiler at rear. Added sportiness for SX4.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom