Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi (2006): Sell or Repaint?

Thread Starter #1
I own a 2006 swift petrol, it has run 65K kilometers. Engine is in very good condition, good pickup, and decent mileage, Typers and battery, suspension is in good condition.
However because i never took care of the car, the paint is in very bad condition, also it was my first car, so i have got many dents and scratches, so it needs body work.
Read bonnet needs to change, head lights have to be changed, all exterior plastic will need to be renewed, needs a new floor matt.

In current condition, i have been offered only 70k for this car.
However i believe, engine is in good condition, and car can be run more 40k 50k km.

What would be wise decision, should i get it completely newed -- if yes, how much it may cost ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Though you have not shared the pics but going by what you have described, following is my observation point wise:

1- Car needs a Fitness Certificate in one year time. All related expenses are to be done by you to make the road legal again.

2- Though Mileage is less but repainting and all would cost you around 35-40K if done by FNG.

3- Insurance renewal has to be done again in next year

4- Neither Maruti True Value nor any used car agency will offer you more than 40-50K because they'll buy from you at low price and sell at around 80-85K thereby earning double profit.

5- Would suggest you to also consider scrapping off the car.

6- If you still want to retain it, go ahead refurbish it and get a Fitness Certificate next year to drive it for another 4-5 years.

7- If in next 3-4 years you thing to sell it off, try to look for any individual buyer as you can negotiate the deal 1-to-1 without any middle man/agency.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #3
@Akash1886 I have already been offered 70k for this car by a small neighbourhood service center. The owner is impatient to get this car for 70k.
How much does it cost to get a fitness certificate ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash1886 I have already been offered 70k for this car by a small neighbourhood service center. The owner is impatient to get this car for 70k.
How much does it cost to get a fitness certificate ?
I am not sure since I never have applied for one. If you have buyer for the car and he is willing then you can definitely go ahead with the deal.

Regards
Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
If you are not too emotionally attached with it ,sell it for 70k and buy a newer + safer car.
You will get rid of:

1) Old bs3 engine.
2) Added costs of maintenance,painting ,insurance R.C renewal etc.
3) Absolutely unsafe car with no safety features.
4) Cars older than 10 years may be scrapped in future and then you might not be able to sell it at all! So the right time is now when you are offered 70,000/-

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Absolutely no immotional attachment with the car, i m just thinking which option would be more wise/economically, sell it for 70k and buy a new one, or complete repair job and use for next 3 years.

If i choose to do complete repair job, i think i have to replace following things
- New paint + body work
- New head lamps / fog lamps
- New front bumper
- New rubber sleevs etc around windows
- Sit covers
- Floor mat
- New door handles

Akash1886

Honoured Member
If i choose to do complete repair job, i think i have to replace following things
- New paint + body work
- New head lamps / fog lamps
- New front bumper
- New rubber sleevs etc around windows
- Sit covers
- Floor mat
- New door handles
That's a lot of work as I said. You'll end up spending 35-40K unnecessarily which is near about the price being offered to you at present by the buyer(in current condition) and honestly if you invest 40K presently then after a year you might not even be able to recover these expenses by selling it so no point in my view to spend on the car and sell it off so that with the money you get a better contemporary car that confirms to present emission and safety norms can be booked.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom