Maruti Suzuki Swift VDI or ZDI?

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

I have booked for a new swift VDI but i am thinking of changing it to ZDI because of the below reasons

1. I need alloys for my swift. So even if i get VDI i should get alloys from outside (how much it costs?)
2. As you all aware there is no built in music system for the VDI model. So i prefer going for swift integrated music system considering making the dashboard stylish (howmuch integrated music system costs? it comes with 4 speakers?)

in my area swift VDI onroad is 6.93 lakhs and ZDI is 7.82. considering the additional costs for music system and alloy, do you guys recommend me going for ZDI model as we have more features in ZDI (ABS, Airbags etc) ?

please provide your suggessions...

Re: Swift VDI or ZDI?

Dear All,

I have booked for a new swift VDI but i am thinking of changing it to ZDI because of the below reasons

1. I need alloys for my swift. So even if i get VDI i should get alloys from outside (how much it costs?)
Alloys would cost you 20-25k if you exchange your OE wheels from dealer itself.

2. As you all aware there is no built in music system for the VDI model. So i prefer going for swift integrated music system considering making the dashboard stylish (howmuch integrated music system costs? it comes with 4 speakers?)
Check that with the dealer.The integrated music system provided by the company is good, but if the price goes beyond 20k then its better to fix aftermarket ICE setup.

in my area swift VDI onroad is 6.93 lakhs and ZDI is 7.82. considering the additional costs for music system and alloy, do you guys recommend me going for ZDI model as we have more features in ZDI (ABS, Airbags etc) ?

please provide your suggessions...
Better to go for ZDI only as everything comes factory fitted where there will be no issues and you have spend another 40-50k(apprx.) for Alloys and ICE setup and the price of VDI comes to 7.40 lakhs, so you are missing ABS and Airbags in another 42k.

I guess you should go with the ZDI since you will be get the company fitted alloys and music system and also you will be getting the ABS and airbags

ZDi is the way to go as you are already planning to have Alloys & ICE installation.

Though the cost for these two won't make up for the price difference, you get ABS+EBD which is a must have features these days. IMHO for the Swift it is a must as this car has a good pick up and stability at high speeds, that demands good control and is quite natural to have ABS+EBD breaking system!

Airbags is a bonus!

I am certain that you have made up your mind to shift on to ZDi and have opened up the thread to add more conviction to the decision already made [;)]

Thread Starter #6

Thanks a lot friends for your advice..this helps a lot. looks like i should change it to ZDI now..

But the alloys coming with ZDI is a silver colour one and i prefer black coulour alloys for my white swift [confused]

is there a way to change it without changing the Tyre? (sorry if it is a foolish question..i do not have much knowledge about alloys)

lxi.

Suspended

Yes, Buddy, You can get your alloys painted to black afterwards!

Chhers.

Thread Starter #8

I am not asking about painting.. so the alloys and tyre comes together? we cant remove the alloys alone?

lxi.

Suspended

The Alloys can be changed and tyres also seperately. You can change to different set of alloys with the Stock tyres.
Or you can change both tyres and rims (If upsizing the rims to 15"+),
Yes you can get alloys (New which you wish) fitted to the current stock tyres which will come with your car.
It is not necessary to change tyres when changing alloys , Till you are upgrading the alloy size from 14 inch to 15 inch.
And
It is not necessary to change alloys when changing tyres.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

thanks alot Lxi..this is wat i was looking for. as per ZDI specs, the tyre size is 185/65 R15. it means tyre size is 15 inch? is it wider than VDI model? and any idea how much Alloys alone costs (without changing tyre)? can i get wide ranges of alloys for this tyre to select the best one i like?

Buddy to lesser the alloys confusion, ask your dealer to swap the OE alloys to the ones of your wish, you have to pay for that i think. You can do that in other accessory shops too.

R15 means the inches only. The ZDI has better proportionate tyres, so change only the alloy rims.

lxi.

Suspended

In the number you said, It means-
185 (Tyre width) 65 (Tyre side profile)/ R15(Rim size).
So R15 means you have 15" alloys on your ZDI.
The VDi model of swift has 165/80/R14 While the ZDI has 185/65/R15. It is wider than the Vdi.
185mm width will be ok for a small car.

Yes there are a wide range of alloys in market with the brands being Plati, Neowheels, etc.
You can set a set of 15" alloy wheels for Rs.15-20k to Rs.25k.
Yes, You can get a wide range of alloys to select the one you like the most.

If budget permits then Zdi is best option anytime, also read lots of ownership review of new swift and general complain was about poor brakes in Swift Ldi and Vdi.

@sreerajmm

Buddy! this is a no brainer!! if i were you, i'd simply go buy a ZDi instead of VDi. ZDi comes loaded with ABS(with EBD), 2 airbags which are THE most important safety features for anyone to consider if they were to buy a car. Additional accessories like alloy wheels, music system can be retro fitted anywhere. whereas the ABS and airbags can NEVER be installed anywhere else other than the factory. For me safety features are more important than these cosmetic features.

Go for ZDi. comes with all kind of features. Alloys+ ABS+AirBag+Music System, Bigger Tyres. VDI + music system + alloys would cost you maybe 30-40k less than Zdi. So , Zdi anyday.

Top Bottom