Maruti Suzuki Swift 2012 Brakes Issue

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi Or New Dzire ZDi

@ Sanjay
Try Making a complaint to govt bodies na? Have you done the same ?

Government is the main culprit along with design engineers of well reputed motor companies..the swift brakes/hyundai steering/toyota liva suspension all are having serious defects inspite of rectifying the vehicles they all are busy in producing the new vehicles with defects knowing the faults.they just ignore indians human life these al people including govt officials who not taking actions in these types of practices should be hanged till death as they r playing with indians life

I had a Swift Vxi with ABS for 7 years .Yesterday I sold it. It never gave any trouble with break. I dont have any idea regarding the new Swift.

Thread Starter #35
One Query if anybody here has noticed . on pulling handbreak the car stops very slowly and gently like applying brakes gently . what i mean is , i tried to pull the handbrake of my swift last night at the speed of 20kmph rather than stopping at the very moment with a jerk ( what i expected ) the car slowed down very gently , is this normal . or should i be worried ?
can anyone here please check if this is normal with all the new swift's or just my car .

another mystery in my mind resolved is that this issue is the key issue with my car's braking problem . the rear brakes are not efficient and as a result in panic braking . the front wheels lock where the rear wheels still are turning and the car refuses to stop at higher speeds .

hoping for a quick revert as i am worried on this issue

Regards
Jatin

One Query if anybody here has noticed . on pulling handbreak the car stops very slowly and gently like applying brakes gently . what i mean is , i tried to pull the handbrake of my swift last night at the speed of 20kmph rather than stopping at the very moment with a jerk ( what i expected ) the car slowed down very gently , is this normal . or should i be worried ?
can anyone here please check if this is normal with all the new swift's or just my car .

another mystery in my mind resolved is that this issue is the key issue with my car's braking problem . the rear brakes are not efficient and as a result in panic braking . the front wheels lock where the rear wheels still are turning and the car refuses to stop at higher speeds .

Regards
Jatin
Me and my friend nit buying swift vxi because of no brakes on low speeds.

Regards
Jatin
The handbrake is a secondary braking system, which is primarily used to prevent the vehicle in motion after its parked. Your handbrakes are working fine and actually you should not use it if your speed is more than 10kmph, and in any case it is slow and not a reliable way to stop your car. In fact you can risk damaging it if you use it beyond 20 or 30kmph.

As for the other issue, your car is not equipped with ABS with EBD, in an non EBD car, the force applied is normally different for both the set of wheels (front & rear), its not uniform, but if you feel your brakes are behaving really slow or that ineffective, I would suggest you need to check for your brakes.

Dude!! go to the service center at the earliest, get it checked for the mental peace.

I have a ZDI version of the new swift, and I must say its brakes are really good and has never locked my wheels or never had to skid even when hard braking on the curves.

@Jatin

After all of your explanation , I feel there is some thing wrong with your car brakes, check them immediately with dealer and if in fault ask him to replace.

I never faced such problem any time in my Ritz LDI(no ABS). reading the articles posted by Dharmesh, it looks to me that Suzuki is really loosing on the service support and customer support area and looks to me guys are very stubborn in their response and which cannot be tolerable. I have heard from here and there that new Swift got some issues with brakes in Hyderabad too

Thread Starter #39
Thanks For the Revert Guys , As for the Handbrakes if they are fine . then seriously there is an issue with the brakes . as even at the speeds of 60kmph my car skids off straight . i have to use the skills of ABS manually " Pumping the brakes " and maneuver car towards a safety zone . well for now it has been long back since the incident as there is no confidence left in me in speeding the car. the brakes are too risky.

another thing that confuses me is . when my brother was driving the car and he tried panic braking , well the car did not skid at all it actually came to a halt from 60 - 0 and screeched a little before the halt . the only difference between the 2 incidents
was as below

when the car Skid off :
1. wet Tar road
2. no 1 was sitting on the rear seat
3. i was driving

when the car came to an halt :
1. my Brother was driving
2. we were 5 ppl in the car 2 at the front and 3 at the rear
3. wet concrete road ( very Surprising )

As for the visit to Service center :

I have visited the Service Centre twice . both the times i was told the brakes are normal . and i should change the tyre of the car for better grip. but as per me a 4 wheel vehicle should not skid easily at speeds of 60kmph that too on a wet tar road..

Regards
Jatin

Swift brake issues are dealers helping with a solution ?

Many Maruti Swift customers had been complaining about the car’s brakes lacking bite while ambling around at slow speeds, especially in half clutch position.

The problem had been brought to Maruti Suzuki’s notice few months back, but India’s largest carmaker stayed indifferent to the issue.
The brake pedal reportedly becomes hard and ineffective while on half clutch position and the issue is more accentuated in first and reverse gears, when the speed of the vehicle is very slow.

The possible explanation for this issue is, the engine RPM apparently drops below idling during half clutch operation and due to this, the load on the engine increases and the brake booster doesn’t get enough vacuum to work effectively.

Repeated complaints from Swift customers regarding this issue started pouring in and MSIL wrote in their official Facebook page last month, that the car is not designed to be driven in half clutch condition and whoever experiences the problem must change their driving style.
However, Maruti Suzuki has silently started calling in the customers who are known to have this problem in order to fix it. It seems there is a minor correction to be made in the ECU software, which will prevent the engine from dropping below the idling RPM and the Swifts which received this correction seem to have no problems with the slow speed braking.

Maruti is not recalling all the cars, may be to avoid any legal issues. Also re-programming the ECU might require MSIL to obtain ARAI certification again. Hence, only the customers who reported this problem are being called for the ECU correction.

If you experience a similar problem with your new gen Swift, you can contact your nearest authorized Maruti service station and get the problem fixed as MSIL had made all its dealers aware of the situation.

[Source : Motorbeam & Cartoq]

My friend have june delivered Blue swift. i asked him how is the brakes. He said brakes are not so good but he is ok with it,as he does not drive fast.
To each his own.

Re: Swift brake issues are dealers helping with a solution ?

Many Maruti Swift customers had been complaining about the car’s brakes lacking bite while ambling around at slow speeds, especially in half clutch position............
This is horrible & surprising.. [surprise] Maruti Suzuki is most trusted brand in India, Break issues should be of topmost priority since they are directly affecting people safety..

I really wonder what is going wrong with Maruti these days as these kind of issues are not addressed seriously[frustration], but I can sense one reason for this is because of their huge sales of swifts and all the dealers workshops are filled with vehicles all the time everyday, so now they have become bit head-weight thinking that no body touch their position in the country. Maruti wake up quickly and care for customers, other wise you have very aggressive competition beside you from TATA,Fiat,Ford,Chevy,VW,Skoda and within no time you will be loosing this comfortable situation[;)]

OMG! Thanks for detailed discussions on braking issue. I have booked new swift vxi model 1 week back and had no idea about braking issue in middle variants. I should thanks to all for your valuable comments. I was thinking to change to zdi but before that, today, i will visit hyundai showroom to check on i20 crdi asta. I know that zdi does not have such braking issue but after paying fat 8.5l on-road, i think i should go for better comfy and space. Further rear view mirror in swift have narrow viewpoint, boot space is not like i20 which has 60/40 adjustments. Additionaly i20 crdi is more powerful though steering is bit at lighter side. Well i think i can stay with it.

It's a close call between swift zdi and i20 asta CRDi.

Top Bottom