Maruti Suzuki Service Station Replaced (Stole?) K&N Filter. Now What?

Thread Starter #1
I had given my zen for servicing at Maruti service station. During servicing they had replaced my k&N filter with a normal one. The servicing was done on 15 April. Today I come to know about this when I went to my cng installer when zen is giving problem. i.e stalled 2-3 times. The car was overheating.
Now what should I do? I dont think that service station will return back my K&N filter. Should I do complaint via Maruti company email address? Please suggest.[confused]

Re: K&N filter was replaced (stolen?) at servicing, now what?

So it's more than a month since they changed it. I'm sure that the changing of the filter might not have caused the problem!
You could have went & yelled at them if you knew this earlier. But now, the case is different. Anyways, do try telling them & even sent a mail to the Maruti Company!
Cheers, hope your car will be all right soon [:)]

IMO, gone is gone, when you try to speak to them they will never agree on what they have done.

As jihu suggested try sending a mail. Also go the service station ask the SA one, may be your luck you may get it back.

I totally agree with jihu. Since it's been more than a month, the chances of you getting back your filter is zilch. Next time, before you sign the sheet which service centres ask you to sign saying everything is in order and that you are satisfied with what they've done, check your car and ensure that everything that was in the car when you gave it to them is still there when you get it back, including any performance products. Do not, under any circumstance, sign that sheet till you've checked your car as well as you can.

350Z

Core Team
I had given my zen for servicing at Maruti service station. During servicing they had replaced my k&N filter with a normal one. The servicing was done on 15 April. Today I come to know about this when I went to my cng installer when zen is giving problem. i.e stalled 2-3 times. The car was overheating.
Now what should I do? I dont think that service station will return back my K&N filter. Should I do complaint via Maruti company email address? Please suggest.
That’s sad. Is it confirmed that the filter is missing since servicing? If it’s true, You should immediately contact the service station in question. Although the chances of getting back are almost none but such immoral practice must be brought to the attention of highest authorities. Do not argue with them, as it’s likely to worsen the situation but firmly let them know that this will be reported to higher ups at Maruti Suzuki. Some kind of evidence to back the statement would also be in favor. Do also let us know the name of this service center so that others can avoid it in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Is it confirmed that the filter is missing since servicing?
Yes I am dam sure about this. Before giving the car for servicing I had personally cleaned the filter and kept it inside. Also the filter I see inside is Brand new one, which I never told them to replace.

On my previous servicing I had replaced the K&N filter with the original zen filter and given the car for servicing. This time I forgot to do so.

I will first try to ask about this to service adviser at service station and then later file a complaint.

Hi,

First of all its very ignorant on your part that you did'nt tell the advisor in advance that you had K&N installed and it should not be touched or changed etc. If the service required the filter to be changed as per schedule then they have done their job correctly. Its your fault that you did'nt tell them not to touch it etc.

Secondly, if they replaced the filter, they must have billed you for it. Did'nt you check the bill at the time of payment ? Thats again very ignorant on your part. I mean i have amplifier installed in my car and everytime I go for service I specifically tell the advisor that its there and precaution should be taken while cleaning/washing. I check the amp. before I leave the station to make sure it is working. These little checks could have saved you the trouble you're in now.

Anyways, as 350Z said the main concern is that if you got any proof for the K&N filter like a bill or something then you can display it and you must bring it to the notice of the proper officials so that these types of things do not happen in future.

You can also give excuse that as the car was running fine, you did'nt bother to check and now the car troubled and you checked the filter has been replaced. Just don't blame them and say it might have been done accidently.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Top Bottom