Maruti Suzuki S-Presso AMT: The Best City Car

Thread Starter #1
S-Presso VXi Plus AMT

Search for a new car was started as our beloved and loyal Swift DDIs had started to show his age.
The car was meant to be a replacement for my dad who is 73yrs and wanted a bare basic car just to take him from Point A to Point B.
He had been using a Maruti car since 1985 and a loyal customer from 1st generation Maruti 800 till Swift Ddis, so it was very difficult to change the brand.

So we had to shortlist a car from the Maruti stable only. We had a tough time convincing him to buy an AMT as he was uncomfortable with the idea of driving a Gearless car.

After TD’ing Celerio AMT, Ignis AMT, and S-Presso AMT, he found the S-Presso to be comfortable as a replacement.
His criteria were clear, a small car and easy on the pocket, S-Presso fitted to the T.

Out of the 3 cars we drove, I was present with him and I also TD the above cars, Ignis AMT was very Comfortable, Spacious, and Stylish. AMT feel was the same in all the cars but Ignis felt a little more premium and comfortable on roads.

Back to S-Presso,
We took the delivery 2 days ahead of the nationwide Lockdown.

Here is my observation after spending a good amount of time with the car,

• Feels like a Mini Compact SUV
  • Great car for City, ease of driving in the City due to its Compact Body
  • 180mm Ground Clearance helps in tackling the steepest of Speed Breakers
  • 67bhp looks low on paper but its very Swift due to its lightweight body developing a Power/Weight ratio of 87bhp/ton
  • Doors close with an assuring Thud
  • Dual Airbags available only in Vxi, Vxi+, and Vxi(O), should have been standard in all variants.
  • AMT does the work wonderfully except for occasionally confusing moments like on Inclines
  • 27 ltrs Fuel Tank is not small by any means as the car gives exceptional mileage in City as well as Highways
  • VXi+ variant is sufficiently loaded with features (Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD, Brake Assist, Remote Central Locking, MID, DTE, Android Auto, Touch Screen HU, et.al)
  • Have been able to get 30kmpl mileage from the car in mixed conditions
  • Check my video to know the details S-Presso Mileage Test
Will keep updating this thread as I keep rolling the miles….

Congratulations for you car, I am looking for small AMT car. Which colour you have opted for? Please share some pics.
I would say Renault Kwid 1.0 RXT is best when compared to s-presso because kwid is safer than s-presso

Kwid(india spec):2 stars
S-presso(india spec):0 star

In my true opinion, I would have recommended you to go with a 2 star car which would have been far better than your Zero Star Safe car S Presso.

I agree you might have bought this for city and short distance rides, however, you may be confident on yourself and your driving, however you can't trust the marons around you on the road.

Top Bottom