Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Now On Sale at Rs.8.34 Lakh

Till now I had a very good impressions about Scross even if some people were commenting on rear suspension sounds. Now after reading this article in Motoring magazine, there seems to be an issue with it coupled to the poor NVH the actual ownership it seems would be quite far from the NEXA showroom experience.

Attachments

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Till now I had a very good impressions about Scross even if some people were commenting on rear suspension sounds. Now after reading this article in Motoring magazine, there seems to be an issue with it coupled to the poor NVH the actual ownership it seems would be quite far from the NEXA showroom experience.
Is he talking about the 1.6 ?
And I think he is a slow learner. You get habitual with the clutch and he should have after driving the car for 10000 kms.
I drove my friends cruze and he told me that I will stall it atleast 2-3 times but I didn't.
The same friend told me I will apply brakes really hard in the q7 since I never drove an automatic before. just search the Audi Q Drive thread and see how I drove :p ( enough about me [lol])
Anyways I didn't notice this behaviour in my td. Will td once more to check this. And can you please tell me more about the suspesnion, haven't heard or read. Thanks.

Is he talking about the 1.6 ?
And I think he is a slow learner. You get habitual with the clutch and he should have after driving the car for 10000 kms.
I drove my friends cruze and he told me that I will stall it atleast 2-3 times but I didn't.
The same friend told me I will apply brakes really hard in the q7 since I never drove an automatic before. just search the Audi Q Drive thread and see how I drove :p ( enough about me [lol])
Anyways I didn't notice this behaviour in my td. Will td once more to check this. And can you please tell me more about the suspesnion, haven't heard or read. Thanks.
If we ignore the stalling part the clutch seems to have a strong return action in spite of the 1.6 coming with a self adjusting clutch(SAC). Also there were some complaints of noisy rear suspension in SCross but this is the first time I am reading in media.

Hmm, interesting gear ratios in the automatic, the Final drive ratio is around 3.7 which is common in most Diesels with their Higher lower end Torque output, to make up for this the Ist, 2nd ,3rd are very tall gears. But given the low final drive ratio and 6th gear ratio, 100 km per hour will come at around 2050 RPM in 6th gear. Very fuel efficient.

Well, I have my own set of doubts over this rear suspension and 'knock knock' issues along with this 'clutch release' issue. I have driven an S Cross 1.6 with even over 30k kms on odo and that also of a well beaten test drive car, it was still good enough.

Coming to automatic being efficient at 2050 rpm, I recently tested Honda BR-V CVT which does 100 kph under 2000 rpm (maybe 1850) still the FE wasnt even 14 kpl for the car on full highway drive.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
2-3 members of tbhp have replaced the rear axle (under warranty)because of the suspension noise issue. New batches must be getting fixed parts.

Maruti Suzuki imports the next batch of 1.6 Diesel engine. DDiS320 is having demand and Maruti Suzuki will prioritize its production in total, once the Baleno production shifts to Gujarat.

Source ( for engine)- Zauba

Top Bottom