Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Now On Sale at Rs.8.34 Lakh

Akash ,
Enough is written about S cross - so I will try and highlight few issues which are perhaps washed away in the recent din on pricing of S cross .

I was owning a Sedan for over 15 + years In India and abroad so wanted a change in look and feel .Had no interest on rugged and big SUVs like XUV /Scorpio etc considering over 75 % of my use is in the city . The options left were Duster ,Ecosport ,Creta and Scross .Rejected Creta with out a TD - it was way beyond my budget .After TD of Ecosport felt Petrol engine was Not good enough for its size and weight Ecoboost or Diesel were price wise on Par with Scross -1.3 L whose features and size made Ecosoport as option 2 .Duster had poor interiors and not so good feel about ASS besides costing 2 lakhs more compared to S cross .

After TD and review of all features finalised on S-cross 1.3 L Zeta (Rs 9.9 Lakhs ex showroom Bangalore)

The main reasons for going for S-cross

Its European design with excellent crash test safety certification , fitted with safety devices like duel airbags, All wheel Disc Brakes with ABS and with very good build quality .

Brand New platform (it only borrows non critical components like steering wheel switches etc from other Maruti brands ).

Fantastic Interiors with all bells and whistles practically nothing needs to be added on.

The passenger comfort is great in fact the only car in the segment(besides Ciaz) thats likely to accommodate three tall members of my family (the shortest in height is my wife but she makes up with greater personality [:D] ).

S cross is the Only true Cross over car in India(all other cross overs are hatches fitted with some additional accessories ) and delivers a true feel and comfort of a cross over ie Ride comfort of a sedan for passengers (100 %)and Handling /Driving feel of a SUV (50%)with higher seats bigger GC and tougher build quality .Its a perfect cruiser for Indian Highways and Rural roads and pot hole filled cities .

Its true VFM- in fact its the cheapest Diesel Car in the sedan segment of its size (above 4 metres length ) and fitted with similar engines .

Maruti ASS and pricing of spares etc are icing on the cake .

So here I am owning a white S cross 1.3 L Zeta . I have done only 1000 Kms in the city so far .Absolutely no regrets and happy with my decision.

Its a perfect Family car which may not be appealing for some from outside and from Inside Boy!! its a fantastic package .

So its a car to own and drive in this price bracket

(you can always look at expensive SUVs on the road as eye candy free of cost [lol])

If you are planning to buy a car some time in the near future go check out Scross and test Drive it I am sure you will Shortlist S cross as a practical Option .IMO this will be the major factor for more Scrosses on the road in the near future.

Will update on S cross features and experience later on if there is any interest - which seem to be very minimal at least in this forum.

Thanks for reading

Andy V
Hi Andy,

Good words heard about S cross and they are straight forward also(on the face).Its nice that it comes as a fantastic package and also the maruti brand which can assure on ASS and also the spares that dont burn a hole in your pocket.I was suppose to take the baleno and awaiting the delivery the next week but changed my mind when i accidentally drove it.I booked a 1.3 Zeta and expecting delivery shortly (10 days).It is a gem of a car looking at the dynamics and comfort and every aspect is to be admired about.The chassis is agile and you can throw wht ever comes it way.its a combination of 3 cars(hatchback,sedan,suv) non of the cars have this in a combo.

The only down side is the cabin insulation which is a concern but can be ignored with the audio system with good songs in a higher volume(though not suggested).IMO its because of the under hood guard which is not present.may be if fitted it will solve the problem.
Btw which colour is yours.

Congrats Chandra for booking a new car .I presume you are getting the new reduced price so the VFM is better for you than me [clap].

Mine is white zeta .I have completed 4500 KMs no issues so far .

Yes wish the NVH is better ....I agree it requires under hood insulation ....how to get this done MSA does not offer this .

I noticed one other major draw back ...there is is no engine protection cover (under the engine) .In my opinion its silly not to have it for a cross over that too for Indian roads with tonnes of pebbles and stones on pot holes of the city to scatter and damage the engine components .Again MSA has no solution .

I dont know how to fix these to issues .I hope Akash is reading this to give his valuable inputs .

One final advice please try and exchange the tyres as soon as you pick up the new vehicle .I didn't and realised that fitted JK tyres are bad so bad that gets filled with pebbles in its crevices and adds to the NVH forget about handling .

wishing you good times and safer driving with your Scross

I noticed one other major draw back .. .there is is no engine protection cover (under the engine) .In my opinion its silly not to have it for a cross over that too for Indian roads with tonnes of pebbles and stones on pot holes of the city to scatter and damage the engine components .Again MSA has no solution .

I dont know how to fix these to issues .I hope Akash is reading this to give his valuable inputs .

One final advice please try and exchange the tyres as soon as you pick up the new vehicle .I didn't and realised that fitted JK tyres are bad so bad that gets filled with pebbles in its crevices and adds to the NVH forget about handling .

Are you sure that scross is not coming with cover under the engine? I recall seeing pics of hard plastic cover under the engine. Is yours a 2015 or 2016 model? Maybe they removed it for 2016 model?
I'm more or less planning to get the scross over the Baleno or Honda City in spite of my low running of 45km a day. But this is a surprise.

Last edited:
Congrats Chandra for booking a new car .I presume you are getting the new reduced price so the VFM is better for you than me [clap].

Mine is white zeta .I have completed 4500 KMs no issues so far .

Yes wish the NVH is better ....I agree it requires under hood insulation ....how to get this done MSA does not offer this .

I noticed one other major draw back ...there is is no engine protection cover (under the engine) .In my opinion its silly not to have it for a cross over that too for Indian roads with tonnes of pebbles and stones on pot holes of the city to scatter and damage the engine components .Again MSA has no solution .

0La +rb
Thanks andy,

Underhood protection is a must and what i heard frm the RM is that it costs around 11800 to fit it but nt sure if it is available in nexa as an accessory.i am getting the revised price benefit also for which i stretched my budget by a lakh frm balenon to s cross .also pls suggest me the tyres which i can switch to that would be of great help and one final question"kitna dethi hai"

Hi The engine is partially protected .You can note the nice big Gap in your Pic 2 .That gap is enough for a debris to fly in and damage a component[frustration]
You cannot have this fully closed. The gap given is needed for air flow.

0La +rb
Thanks andy,

Underhood protection is a must and what i heard frm the RM is that it costs around 11800 to fit it
Hi Chandra.11 K for insulation is too much need to investigate. my RM said its not possible at MASS

I dont have personal experience on alternate tyres from what I see in other forums most are opting for Michelin ..I think you pay something like 12 K for 4 tyres (exchanging your stock tyres ) .So its good deal provided you exchange on purchase.
Another upgradation I would recommend MGA accessories LED bulb for inside cabin light and parking lights (rs 700 total) looks good and Philips bulbs for more light (rs 1200) .Both MGA so no issues on warranty.

The last but perhaps best news .FE .I get minimum 15 Kmpl in congested bangalore traffic and got 22 on a highway run.that for me from a petrol sedan of less than 10 is a big [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Today for the first time i saw a S CROSS in silver color. Even though the design is sedate and not loud there is some premium ness in the look of the car. The car does not look bulbous like Baleno. It looks dynamic. I am really impressed [:)]

You cannot have this fully closed. The gap given is needed for air flow.
not Really ...a lot of cars even in India come with the full cover but enough to protect the engine components from chips and stones flying in .....with suitable air gaps /arrangements for air circulation .I have seen a review with photos of 1.6 lites Scross with covered arrangement .didnt find it in my car .

One final advice please try and exchange the tyres as soon as you pick up the new vehicle .
Hi andyV, Hope you are enjoying the S-cross drive. How much mileage you are getting in Bangalore traffic? Which tyres you suggest instead of JK? How much it will cost? Can the tyre exchange be done at the nexa itself while taking delivery?

Regarding the Underhood protection pics, I don't think a Engine guard is necessary, the Gap is not big enough for a stone to miss the bumper and hit the engine, when the car is on the road, the angle for something hit from the road will be very less.

Anyone owns S-cross sigma here? I am planning to buy it. What are the accessories you would suggest. Which is the best ice? Owners please post pics. I haven't seen any sigma yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom