Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Now On Sale at Rs.8.34 Lakh

Hi friends, I own S cross zeta, purchased in October 2015. Driven about 4500 km so far. The so called Nexa experience is only eyewash. They have no answer to any technical quarries regarding the car. They have not received the technical manual yet. My shock sensor is not working although it is activated from the MID, seems to be activated through some physical switch inside also. The SA is completely unaware about it. I visited another two dealer service point but in vain. I don't want to write to Maruti in a hurry as this may invite problem for the SA and RM.
Driving the car is a breeze. As I am from swift petrol(my previous car) it felt marginally better in terms of stability and cornering. The stock tires seems to useless producing lot of road noise and the grip may not be adequate.
If anybody have any idea regarding the activation of shock sensor kindly revert. It should the similar like ciaz.
regards.

Although I got the similar offer for S Cross 1.6 on 4th December from NEXA Gurgaon (That time it was 2.9 lac discount for delta but 1.75 for Alpha and Zeta) and I thought it's old stock clearance but I guess now all the NEXA dealers in at least Delhi NCR are offering the same:

Now it is 2.9 lac off on S Cross 1.6 Delta with added alloys and garmin nav and around 2 lac on higher versions

Source: Team-BHP

Doubt:
I hope it isn't a clearance sale. Around 5th of December a little birdie just hinted me that S Cross 1.6 has now got the wrong attention of the board; maybe they are now just clearing the stocks. If yes, then this is a risky proportion. Why so? I have seen Kizashi and Vitara owners in tier II cities shedding the tears of blood just because their local A.S.S. simply never had any spares for their cars.

Hi friends,

I went to Nexa dealership to test drive the Baleno but ended up driving the S-Cross 1.6. Though the 1.6 is out of budget, I was impressed by the build quality and ride. They have offers on both, I am interested in the 1.3. The 1.3 delta was coming for 9.6lkhs OTR for existing stock and 10.6 lkhs for new stock. The zeta is coming at 11 lkhs OTR.
I was only planning on getting a top end Baleno petrol but Scross seems better overall package. So a little confused.

I drive about 40km a day to and from work so it doesn't really justify diesel from a running point of view but just wanted to hear your thoughts.
90% of my driving would be in the city and with my wife and kid

Baleno petrol will fit my needs but given the budget of 9 or 10 lks, wondering which one would be a better option in terms of maintainence for the next 5-6 years.
Baleno: Cheaper to buy and maintain, smaller turning radius, within budget
S-Cross: Better built, more power, better interiors and ride quality.

I currently drive a wagonr and love it for its practicality. If the boosterjet would have been available in the next 3 months, I would have just gone with the Baleno!

Would like to know your suggestions.

Hi friends,

I went to Nexa dealership to test drive the Baleno but ended up driving the S-Cross 1.6. Though the 1.6 is out of budget, I was impressed by the build quality and ride. They have offers on both, I am interested in the 1.3. The 1.3 delta was coming for 9.6lkhs OTR for existing stock and 10.6 lkhs for new stock. The zeta is coming at 11 lkhs OTR.
I was only planning on getting a top end Baleno petrol but Scross seems better overall package. So a little confused.

I drive about 40km a day to and from work so it doesn't really justify diesel from a running point of view but just wanted to hear your thoughts.
90% of my driving would be in the city and with my wife and kid

Baleno petrol will fit my needs but given the budget of 9 or 10 lks, wondering which one would be a better option in terms of maintainence for the next 5-6 years.
Baleno: Cheaper to buy and maintain, smaller turning radius, within budget
S-Cross: Better built, more power, better interiors and ride quality.

I currently drive a wagonr and love it for its practicality. If the boosterjet would have been available in the next 3 months, I would have just gone with the Baleno!

Would like to know your suggestions.

In my opinion, the Baleno will be better as :

1. Will fit your budget along with all the accesories/modifications you need.
2. You will not struggle to sell it after 5 years.Though while buying car I dont think of selling it [;)]
3. You will get a better mileage/low maintenance compared to SCross.
4. As most of the spares are from Swift, Baleno can be serviced across thousands of authorized and private service stations.

The only problem which you may have is that Baleno will become extremely common. It will become like swift in next 1 year. But that is too a personal choice.

You just need to decide whether you should go for petrol/diesel.

If anybody have any idea regarding the activation of shock sensor kindly revert. It should the similar like ciaz.
regards.
I own a Zeta 1.3 .I dont know what you mean by shock sensor ?? I dont recall this feature anywhere in the manual .I have not heard about in on ciaz as well .

Please clarify

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I hear there are Huge discounts on the 1.6, I think anyone with around 10 lacs budget should try and get the 1.6. Once Maruti clears all its imported 1.6 engines, we may loose the chance to get such a VFM product.

Hey guys want to what is the total discount offered on top Alpha model of 1.6 in mumbai. Last month RM told me that he has 1.6 zeta has 1 lac discount with 40K loyalty bonus plus corporate discount. But i was interested in top Alpha model. He did not mentioned the discount for top model but assured that same discount will be applied to me if i buy or book till December end. What is the current discount on 1.6 top model in Mumbai.

I believe Maruti is going to launch revamped S cross in January 2015 .The major changes are 1) Mild Hybrid Engine similar to Ciaz (this will bring down the prices a bit due to reduction in duties)2) Rearrangement of features versus Versions alpha etc 3) Possibly a 1.4 Litres Petrol engine 4) New colors 5) Relaunch as a family cross over

So all the discounts being offered are to get rid of old versions .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
any news if they cut some features too ? the first buyers will surely be pissed and even in the 2nd hand car market this will have a great impact.
they shouldn't have priced it similar to the creta.

And the salesman at NEXA Meerut was trying to play smart with me telling me hat they are offering 2.9 lac on Delta and 2 lac on Zeta and Alpha of 2015 manufacturing.

I guess this is the high time one can hard press for discounts on the 2015 manufactured stock lying idle at NEXA yards.

There is some grounds for unfair/unethical practices here. All customers who have booked the car as in- a firm purchase order MUST get the benefit of the reduced prices before delivery.

Top Bottom