Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
It is not so easy. I have loosen the screw of hose pipe 13&12 and remove a sensor plug[14] attached on it. It appears to me that I have to unclip the clips, loosen the screw on part13&12 and remove a sensor plug[12] on back cover housing..
It is very easy.
There is no screw removal required.There is no sensor plug or hose pipe removal required.It appears that You are doing it all wrong. I have owned ritz for 8 years and have opened it at least 30 times if not more. You just have to unclip the 4 clips, that's all is what is required.And it takes 4 min max from bonnet opening to taking the filter out!

Last edited:
It is very easy.
There is no screw removal required.There is no sensor plug or hose pipe removal required.It appears that You are doing it all wrong. I have owned ritz for 8 years and have opened it at least 30 times if not more. You just have to unclip the 4 clips, that's all is what is required.And it takes 4 min max from bonnet opening to taking the filter out!
Exactly , I think he is getting confused with some part Mayank sir .
I am not sure which one he is mistakenly trying to fiddle with . @mayankdixit sir , can you ust double confirm my last post in this thread , which I replied to the schematic diagram , and ensure that I myself have pointed out correctly .

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
In part marked 5 , you can see 2 clips , just unclip that , and that box cover will be enabled to be removed ,and you can remove the filter (Just like taking a snack out of snack box)
Yes that's the correct way to do it in petrol Ritz. I am posting few pictures from my manual for helping you understand better.

Hope this helps you
IMG-20200817-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200817-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200817-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200817-WA0005.jpg

Last edited:
Today I have successfully opened the engine air filter chamber and replaced the old filter by a newly purchased one. Only I had to un clamp and lift a bit the elephant trunk like portion and it came out easily.The old filter is quite dirty so I removed it and installed a new one purchased online from boodmo.com. The schematic diagram I posted earlier was from their site. The new filter fitted well. Now to see whether there is any noticeable change in engine performance and driving. Thanks to all friends who patiently listened to me and pointed out to my misconception.

I wish to change the cabin air filter too. Friends please direct me how to open the chamber and replace it. I could learn that it is behind the glove box and i have to remove the glove box to access the cabin AC filter.

The change of engine air-filter resulted excellent improvement car performance. I am surprised I regularly sent my car for servicing to Maruti Authorized service center but they did not replaced it. I had my car serviced in the end of February'20. Then how can be filter was so dirty when from March'20 lockdown was declared and car did not run much. Now I am trying to change cabin air filter. Today I could not remove the glove box. In one you tube video it was instructed to press both the side of glove box and remove it.It did not yield. In another video as well as that of Vishnucarcrazy it should be moved upwards to get it unlocked. Let me try this method.

I will not clean engine air filter, the forced air increases the porousness of the filter and fine dust accumulates on throttle valve mixes with air fuel and turns into dark hard coating on the throttle body. I always replace engine air filter at 5000KM even though manual says 20000KM. I have never seen dark discoloration of throttle body in my cars.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I will not clean engine air filter, the forced air increases the porousness of the filter and fine dust accumulates on throttle valve mixes with air fuel and turns into dark hard coating on the throttle body. I always replace engine air filter at 5000KM even though manual says 20000KM. I have never seen dark discoloration of throttle body in my cars.
If that is the case,why would all manufacturers recommend this cleaning process (specifically with pressured air) in all their manuals?
Only wet type filters say that don't clean and only replace. Dry paper type filters are meant to be always cleaned this way only.

see for yourself
1598552923908.png

I am having service manuals of many cars not just user manual. I am manufacturer to L&T owning a state of the art manufacturing plant in Bangalore with world class testing equipment, I have tested cleaning the air filter using my equipment there after outcomes. It was the reason I never clean it.

Answer to your question manufacturers earn more money in service than selling a car, they need cars to age gradually and need service regularly otherwise they don't survive. I don't believe in 5k, 10k, 20k etc service procedures and things involved in it. Interestingly I have never done balancing and alignment on my cars except balancing at the time of Tyre change not alignment. Most of my cars clutches not replaced even after 2 Lakh km.

@mayankdixit
Sir, the filter we have is fabric type, which is better to be replaced, than cleaned, as @Suryaputhra sir told, cleaning withers the fabric.
Also regarding alignment, even my tyre shop guy says (He doesn't have alignment, have balancing alone), he recommends balancing at 10k km interval for Steel rims cars only, not for alloys. Balancing needed only when the tyre is removed from rims is his comment. Alignment - The factory alignment is robotic alignment, which is precise and when we give to outside shops , this precision won't be recreated.

But I do give my car for alignment every 5k km, as I do take the car through rough patches through my native place, so my perspective is a slight alignment correction would ensure that the tie rod ends and tie rod doesn't suffer.(I give to a reputed shop in tvm, who have qualified technicians and also they don't fiddle with the part by too much tightening or loosening, they just do so sensitively)

The cabin filter slot in Ritz 2012 is not like other cars. Instead of being horizontal it is vertical. I found it behind glove box but could not remove the lid over it fully. One side clip of lid or cover of filter slot is opened (the front side) but the back one could not be. I did not apply any force because it may break it. Can Friends upload some photos of Ritz cabin filter slot opening to help me.

The cabin filter slot in Ritz 2012 is not like other cars. Instead of being horizontal it is vertical. I found it behind glove box but could not remove the lid over it fully. One side clip of lid or cover of filter slot is opened (the front side) but the back one could not be. I did not apply any force because it may break it. Can Friends upload some photos of Ritz cabin filter slot opening to help me.

Top Bottom