Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

2013 Ritz VDI, after completing 77000kms, turbocharger has oil leak!. I showed to Popular Maruti service at Muvattupuzha, Kochi. They are saying turbo needs replacement and quoted almost 20-23K for full work. Another Maruti service telling 18K. Maruti Ritz OEM Turbo costs Rs14100.

I also showed to another workshop and he is telling new turbo replacement will cost Rs15K. He is telling that, since they will take back the old turbo, Rs2500 is reduced from the total cost. But, I suspect workmanship in 3rd party workshops. Everyone agreed that, the Turbo core replacement or repair is not recommended since, I plan to use this car for few years more. Kindly pour your suggestions. TIA
If you have faith go for 3rd party workshop but get the part from Maruti OEM . Repaired turbo would give frequent headaches as you want to keep car long.
Did you practice Turbo idling everyday at beginning and end of day earlier ?

If you have faith go for 3rd party workshop but get the part from Maruti OEM . Repaired turbo would give frequent headaches as you want to keep car long.
I did turbo idling religiously for almost 4 years and then, only idled for a minute or so after long runs only. Yeah, that may also be a concern.

The dealer service Popular Maruti is telling that, they will have to replace some sensor or something along with the turbo, that is why quoting higher. While, the independent MASS quoted 18K. The SA in this MASS also was telling me that, since the oil leakage is less, I can use the car for 2 months with topping up oil, every 500kms or so, until the Maruti spare parts are easily available including turbocharger (Due to flood affected vehicles large in numbers, spare parts shortage in Kerala).

This is a snap from the undercarriage, of oil leak from turbocharger, I took in Popular Maruti (bad lighting):

Attachments

Turbo Oil leak, for any cars its just a temporary fix . The entire Turbo Overhaul itself won't last more than 20kkm. Anyways you can change it at ASS, and follow up a run-in procedure just like when you do for a new car. If you can manage future maintenance costs you may stick with this ride , else dispose off.

Friends can you tell me if I claim insurance for scratches repainting do I have to extra 15% as depreciation to insurance company? Recently I claimed for repainting and had to pay such sum to Maruti Authorised Service Station North Point.

Friends can you tell me if I claim insurance for scratches repainting do I have to extra 15% as depreciation to insurance company? Recently I claimed for repainting and had to pay such sum to Maruti Authorised Service Station North Point.
Depends on what kindly of insurance policy you have .
If those scratches were there before your previous claim, it might get rejected.

Depends on what kindly of insurance policy you have .
If those scratches were there before your previous claim, it might get rejected.
No there was no scratches earlier. I made after 2 years of no claim. I have normal policy as everybody has valid for one year. Insurance for third party and 5 passengers of the car including driver.

UPDATE:
New turbocharger assembly was put at a workshop in Muvattupuzha. It costed Rs13000 including labor. Old turbo was taken as exchange for new turbo from TEL/KKK.

Hello experienced TAI members, please let me know your opinion, Please note this is my first car so I don't know if it is common or not

I'm facing a very strange and scary problem for the last couple of days, It is about starting the car, During the cranking when all Dash Indicator lights lit up the and car is waiting, It requires the final twist of the key to making engine wake up, Instead of that everything goes off and restart. <----- This is not happening all the time but in random. Even in the middle of the traffic too.

I try to capture the video via my phone due to its randomness I can't.

Is this a battery issue? The battery is Exide DIN65 65Ah battery and it is 5 years old and comes with the car, Battery terminal is clean and no white substance accumulation as well lubricated well but it discharging liquids via its drain hole. I topped up the water and charged via Bosch C7 car charger yesterday and the charger goes immediately to trickle mode, that means battery maintained it's voltage. Drove at least 350km+ after 25th Dec so maybe that is the reason.

my question what is that? Is it battery going dead? Or there is a major problem coming up?

Last edited:
@Arijitb Go to nearest MASS and get your car checked before driving further for peace of mind, if you cant go to MASS for any reason then go to a local trusted mechanic.
Otherwise, i don't think it would be a very big problem.

Does the whole instrument cluster go off while cranking (OR) just in "ON mode"(when key is in On , the light comes on , and do you mean the entire cluster goes off at this stage )

So after this instance occuring , how you start the car ? ( I mean , do you turn the key off again and again turn on and start )
Or Do you wait for sometime before starting.

Does it occur during cold start or only after keeping car in rest after a drive and starting it again? (If that is the case , then its the battery)

Take the car to servicing. Though mine is petrol variant I take my car to servicing every year irrespective of any specific problem.
Thanks for the response Sidd7hartha Da, I'm also following the same method - Never did anything to the car outside the MASS...

@Arijitb Go to nearest MASS and get your car checked before driving further for peace of mind, if you cant go to MASS for any reason then go to a local trusted mechanic.
Otherwise, i don't think it would be a very big problem.
Thank You for the Reply
Yes, I will definitely go to the MASS, Looks like there is no other way.

Does the whole instrument cluster go off while cranking (OR) just in "ON mode"(when key is in On , the light comes on , and do you mean the entire cluster goes off at this stage )

So after this instance occuring , how you start the car ? ( I mean , do you turn the key off again and again turn on and start )
Or Do you wait for sometime before starting.

Does it occur during cold start or only after keeping car in rest after a drive and starting it again? (If that is the case, then its the battery)
Thank You For The Reply
The Incident is like - Everything is ON (Radio is Playing) -> The whole Instrument cluster and all indicator lights lit up (The Fuel Pump is Humming in background) -> Two Dissel Lights Goes OFF (I always wait till it goes off) -> Now the final twist is remaining to come Engine Alive -> TWIST, Instead of Usual there is a faint/week 'KEITH' or 'THAK' sound and Now everything goes OFF and reboot including Radio.
After this, the 2nd time when the car is ready for crank I can successfully crank the engine. Didn't need to turn off the Key or remove from the key socket.

The day it first occurs, it was a cold start and I thought that is that and didn't worry much, but Yesterday, when it occurs in the middle of the traffic Jam and Engine is ON for at least 1 Hour, I really got scared.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now the update what happens today,
As I did top up the battery and charged @ Home Yesterday, Today I crank the engine 6 Times, 2 Times at the home for test, after couple of hours later Drove nearly 100 KM - Stopped only one place so 2 Times and after parking the Car inside the Garage 2 More times and none of the time it shows the above symptom, I was relieved but that lived very short - Immediately find out that only driver side power window is working and rest are dead. During Today's drive, I only operated front two windows 2-4 times as it is very cold in Kolkata, Passenger side window is working then but not anymore. Rear two window stay shut / up for the whole time.

Please note, If I ever crank the engine I never shut off before at least 2 to 3 mins, because I religiously follow the instructions about Turbo from the Day 1 & I'm the only driver. When I go/arrive somewhere I wait that time by running the engine, Even sometimes I was out from the Car then I Shutdown the Engine and locked if there was any Rush.

Last edited:
You may ask the MASS to attend your car at your place to fix the problem. May be you need to replace your car battery with a new one. Plz update.

Whats the odometer reading of the car ?

Was any electrical fitment made (accessory) recently?

One way of diagnosis is OBD scan the vehicle , also check with the fuse box(I recommend you to take to MASS)

Top Bottom