Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Here's the update. MSM fixed the problem. They reported the A/C gas was less than normal. Now the cooling is perfect. However, I have kept it under observation just in case it drops again due to some leakage.
No issues with a/c till now. I take care to let the cooling coil lose its chillness before engine OFF.

From the day of buying, I am having another issue. Not sure if this is an issue. Check with another Ritz(P) owner and he does not have this however it's a manual transmission.

Upon cold start, the rpm shoots up to 1500 and settle to 900-1000. During this time, a grinding noise is heard and engine noise is annoying.

Is it a AT car feature? DZire or Astarte AT owners also throw some light.

Please help me if this is some issue with the car.

Recorded a video of the issue.
https://youtu.be/p76ArRJp0bg

Brake problem in Ritz Vxi

I am using the car from 2011. Self driven and done about 80000 km. Day before yesterday suddenly felt that the brake was not working properly. As if it has gone hard. I was driving at about 90 km/ h. The problem persists at slower speed as well. Next day I visited the service centre to get it checked. I was informed that it is a software problem and engineer from Maruti will take care of the problem. I left the car with them and today evening I was told that they are still working on it. Did any body else also had similar problem?

Thread Starter #108
Re: Brake problem in Ritz Vxi

I am using the car from 2011. Self driven and done about 80000 km. Day before yesterday suddenly felt that the brake was not working properly. As if it has gone hard. I was driving at about 90 km/ h. The problem persists at slower speed as well. Next day I visited the service centre to get it checked. I was informed that it is a software problem and engineer from Maruti will take care of the problem. I left the car with them and today evening I was told that they are still working on it. Did any body else also had similar problem?
Is it ABS version? I am no guru but this sounds rubbish unless the ABS is controlled by a separate hardware.

Re: Brake problem in Ritz Vxi

It is not an ABS version. For the last two days they are trying to fix the problem and just now they have informed me that tomorrow they will hand over me the car.
In a YouTube video, I find there is a technology where vacuum during suction stroke of petrol engine is used for brake assist. If this technology fails the brake will be harder. Another point is if car ignition is switched off brake will get very hard. I am no expert but just sharing some information gathered. Friends having expertise will suggest whether these information are correct.

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

I bought my second hand Ritz Vxi car and it has run 120000 km but right now I am facing huge problem as my breaking system got very hard while on petrol as well some times on NG when I asked to local technicians they said that new break booster is required and when I asked to maruti authorized service center they said it has 4 cylinders and only one cylinder is working please suggest that what should I do, either I need to replace old break booster or something else please suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plz solve my problem as I bought my second hand maruti ritz vxi 120000km run and the problem is now that when I used to brake the car the brake system gets very hard on both petrol mode and cng. What should I do, should I change the break booster or something else.

Please suggest as the break system gets very hard when I push my shoe on break system.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dishant, as reported by you, I suspect same break booster issue. Go with the advise of authorised maruti service center guys. I remember changing this in my car around 40k service

I too had a similar problem of brakes getting hard at lower speeds.
When highlighted to Maruti they simply refuted by saying that mine has a aftermarket cng fitment due to which the vacuum is not getting generated and thus breaks have become hard to apply.
I have Googled that Maruti has asked to get the software updated for this issue but their dealers are unaware and ill informed about such remedy.

Yes, even I am facing similar issue while slotted in 2nd gear ritz goes out of breath.
This issue was temporarily sorted by changing the air filter and engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs even did throttle body cleaning which did help me to a certain extent but post driving it for more than 3k kms the issue has reoccured.

2013 Ritz VDI, after completing 77000kms, turbocharger has oil leak!. I showed to Popular Maruti service at Muvattupuzha, Kochi. They are saying turbo needs replacement and quoted almost 20-23K for full work. Another Maruti service telling 18K. Maruti Ritz OEM Turbo costs Rs14100.

I also showed to another workshop and he is telling new turbo replacement will cost Rs15K. He is telling that, since they will take back the old turbo, Rs2500 is reduced from the total cost. But, I suspect workmanship in 3rd party workshops. Everyone agreed that, the Turbo core replacement or repair is not recommended since, I plan to use this car for few years more. Kindly pour your suggestions. TIA

Top Bottom