Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Regd. Fourth Service of my Maruti Ritz ZDI..

My questions are:
1)which is the best Fully synthetic oil for Diesel Engines like my Ritz.
2)Quantity of the engine oil to be purchased.
3)Shall I go with Engine drain.Is it good or Bad?

Also I want to share with you that my ritz Diesel is only giving around 15 kmpl in city conditions. After 3rd service (Engine oil change) it decreased from 16 to 15.
5)What are the other precautions to be taken in 4th service?
1. When you give the car for service, the oil used by Maruti i.e MGDO is Shell Helix Ultra (5W40) costing 1000 per litre.

2. 3.1 litres is the quantity to be filled in.

3. I guess by engine drain you mean Engine flush. IMO, it is not worth it and not required. Just change the oil and the oil filter.

For FE related issues, there are many parameters like:

1. Upshifting RPM used in your daily drive;
  2. Tyre pressures maintained;
  3. A/C Usage
  4. Excessive idling at traffic signals,
  5. Excessive time spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Maruti Ritz Petrol : Faint Whining sound over 80 kmph speed

Hi All, I own a 2011 Maruti Ritz Petrol which has crossed 25000 km on the odo. Recently I have been driving on the NH and noticed that there was a faint whining / whistling kind of sound coming somewhere from rear or middle of the car. Initially I felt that was some bus / lorry horn in a distance as it was very faint. But I could then realize that I was able to hear the same whenever I was trying to accelerate more than 80 kmph. The moment i remove my foot from accelerator, the sound stops.

This didn't happen if the speed was less than 80 kmph. There was no significant issues with the performance of the vehicle in every aspect ( steering / acceleration / braking ). I continued to drive 250 kms with that. Now I am planning to take it to MSM guindy to have it checked as I 20k servicing was done by them.

On the other note, which is the preferred MASS in Chennai ? I moved to Chennai a year back and the first service in Chennai was with MSM, Guindy. But I see mixed reviews on MSM now-a-days. Has anyone visited Vishnu cars in medavakkam - how about their service quality ?

Maruti Suzuki Ritz Petrol / AT Issues / Solutions

Created this thread to discuss all problems related to Ritz (P) model.

I recently purchased a preowned 2013 Maruti Ritz AT. Its a 1.2 VVT petrol. Have some questions to existing AT or Petrol owners
1. What is the Idle rpm of Petrol Ritz - with and without A/C?
My Ritz is around 600 rpm and climbs to 900 rpm when A/C is switched ON
2. Does the cooling decrease when the car is at idle?
I noticed that the compressor does not cool the cabin when the engine is at idle rpm (900). I dont have any issues when the vehicle is continuosly running. The issue happens only at signals or at stop-go traffic.

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz Petrol / AT Issues / Solutions

Created this thread to discuss all problems related to Ritz (P) model.

I recently purchased a preowned 2013 Maruti Ritz AT. Its a 1.2 VVT petrol. Have some questions to existing AT or Petrol owners
1. What is the Idle rpm of Petrol Ritz - with and without A/C?
My Ritz is around 600 rpm and climbs to 900 rpm when A/C is switched ON
2. Does the cooling decrease when the car is at idle?
I noticed that the compressor does not cool the cabin when the engine is at idle rpm (900). I dont have any issues when the vehicle is continuosly running. The issue happens only at signals or at stop-go traffic.
rpm as you mentioned is ok but no ac cooling at ideal that is a problem please visit your nearest MASS soon

On the other note, which is the preferred MASS in Chennai ? I moved to Chennai a year back and the first service in Chennai was with MSM, Guindy. But I see mixed reviews on MSM now-a-days. Has anyone visited Vishnu cars in medavakkam - how about their service quality ?
MSM is a good service center except they are busy with many cars after floods. Still unable to enter their IN gate. Visited Vishnu cars this Saturday and placed order for few spares. They were responsive but not yet tried them. Planning to take my car for "AC issue at idle rpm" to Vishnu cars for quick resolution. Got MSM appointment on 5th. If I take to Vishnu cars, will provide an update

Hi friends,
1)which is the best Fully synthetic oil for Diesel Engines like my Ritz.
Its best to stick with mineral oils - change the oil at 6000-7500 km intervals. Do a minimal service like brake and air filter cleaning and the like (9 point check?) Diesel wants to eat on oil. If you are very specific about synthetic, latest swift diesel runs on synthetic. You can ask for that at a MASS
Also my car is not smooth.It is hard while driving.
Changing oil at the above mentioned interval will keep your engine silk smooth and responsive.
If your left foot feels hardness, do clutch bleeding. It will resolve your issues

My service station North point advised me to change engine oil every year irrespective of running. Is it right? Mine is Ritz petrol.[drive]

MSM is a good service center except they are busy with many cars after floods. Still unable to enter their IN gate. Visited Vishnu cars this Saturday and placed order for few spares. They were responsive but not yet tried them. Planning to take my car for "AC issue at idle rpm" to Vishnu cars for quick resolution. Got MSM appointment on 5th. If I take to Vishnu cars, will provide an update
Thanks for that yuvm800. I decided to go with MSM and called for an appointment. They had in weekdays and I have fixed it for the 7th now. Let me know your feedback if you happen to visit Vishnu cars, Medavakkam.

My service station North point advised me to change engine oil every year irrespective of running. Is it right? Mine is Ritz petrol.[drive]
This is absolutely correct -

Please also look at the Owner's manual at Service & Maintenance Table - Which Liquid you need to change at what interval where it clearly stated everything (what to replace usually by (R) sign at that table)..

For Ritz (For Most Maruti Hatchback) - Engine Oil - 10,000 km or 1 Year which ever earlier. So if user clocked said Kms in 3 months then he need to change the oil to maintain the health of the engine. Same goes for the Time - If one year is Up despite the car may run 1000 km - user must replace the Engine Oil - else the E.Oil quality degraded - Think as expiration date of medicine.

And it is good practice to replace E.Oil Filter too at the same time.

Last edited:
Planning to take my car for "AC issue at idle rpm" to Vishnu cars for quick resolution. Got MSM appointment on 5th. If I take to Vishnu cars, will provide an update
Here's the update. MSM fixed the problem. They reported the A/C gas was less than normal. Now the cooling is perfect. However, I have kept it under observation just in case it drops again due to some leakage.

Also, they fixed the center louver vent whose slider was broken - without being reported [clap]

Negatives - they didn't have many items in stock - cabin filter, spare wheel lock for alloy wheel, glass cleaner, tyre polish.

Thanks for that yuvm800. I decided to go with MSM and called for an appointment. They had in weekdays and I have fixed it for the 7th now. Let me know your feedback if you happen to visit Vishnu cars, Medavakkam.
Update: The car was serviced at MSM and as per the service adviser, they cannot be sure what the issue could be unless they can reproduce that. The car was taken for a test drive and the SA was asking to replace the clutch completely as the clutch was hard [roll]. I asked him for a clutch overhaul, but to my surprise he said there is nothing like that as such ( maruti service app lists clutch overhaul under On-demand jobs ). I also asked for headlamp upgrade to Philips extreme vision.

When I took my car back the next day, The team which had serviced had given recommendations for battery replacement ( as it was end of life of the OEM battery ) and AC overhaul. They did'nt replace the bulb. The service bill came close to 7k .After driving around few days now, I find that the clutch pedal has become little softer, however the brake play has increased. And later also found that the whining sound now started to sound once I cross 50-60 kmph speed [frustration].

Now I am planning to try at Vishnu cars medavakkam for clutch overhaul and brake play adjustment as on demand jobs to see atleast if they are better.

P.S.: Can anyone suggest good battery for Ritz (P). I was suggested to go with Amaron, but I do see lot more options when I browsed the forum.

Up
P.S.: Can anyone suggest good battery for Ritz (P). I was suggested to go with Amaron, but I do see lot more options when I browsed the forum.
Hai GVRitz,

I would suggest to go for Amaron AAM-PR-00050B20R which will cost you 3600 this is an excellent battery which load all my Add on's with high cranking power in same 35AH. 60Months warranty

After 8 mnths of use i have never felt its got discharge even i run my XAV 712BT player for full movie without engine start.

I will recommend it to go with smile.............

Maruti Ritz VDI sagging on rear left

I have maruti ritz 2012 model , off late I am seeing when occupied fully the car is sagging on the rear left side. I also observed left part of the chassis is touching the speed breakers even at lowest speed. The car also suffers wobbling at first gear. Please advise me.

Thanks

Top Bottom