Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Hi Guys

I have Ritz Zxi, which is one year old. I am having an issue in this, I just want to know any one else faced it. The problem is the vehicle does not pull up in second gear when going uphill. The engine puts on lot of effort for a decent uphill road. Even in parking lots, when going upstairs it is unable to go in second gear. AC will be normally on when I observed it.

So, what is the problem here? I read in some forum that it could be because of air filter. Is it true?
Hi, i also own a ritz zxi (2010), and i have never faced this kind of problem. My car pulls effortlessly in 2nd gear and also manages to pull in 3rd (AC off, on speed breakers, speed may be 10 kmph).
I would advice you to get the clutch checked. I don't think that a bad or dirty air filter can cause this issue.

Hi Guys

I have Ritz Zxi, which is one year old. I am having an issue in this, I just want to know any one else faced it. The problem is the vehicle does not pull up in second gear when going uphill. The engine puts on lot of effort for a decent uphill road. Even in parking lots, when going upstairs it is unable to go in second gear. AC will be normally on when I observed it.

So, what is the problem here? I read in some forum that it could be because of air filter. Is it true?
Is it too steep uphill like those in shopping mall's parking tire? There speed remains too slow so move in 1st gear and maintain gas.

Hi Guys

Just to make it clear,you are starting the vehicle,putting it in first gear and then shifting to second gear in 10Kmph and then the vehicle is not going uphill.Am I correct? If that is the case,I think there is no issue with the vehicle here.If the car is below 10 Kmph using the second gear will not yield you any results. Specially in the shopping mall kind of inclines where there is no momentum for the vehicle. In second gear you must have at least a speed of 15 to 25 Kmph to use the torque generated from engine.This is the reason,I feel,you see the sluggishness.What you are asking for is like why my vehicle is not accelerating from stand still in 3rd gear. Or Am I missing anything ? Ganesh ? Others ?

Thanks all for replying
@generalmax, the issue I observed is when climbing an uphill which has a bend in between. I am approaching it in 4th or 5th gear and I slow down near the turn. After that the car loses power. I need to downshift all the way to the first gear. The climb is not too steep.

I got it checked during my first year service. As per the mechanic at the service center, there was an issue with the clutch which not disengaging properly. He said he fixed it. I am yet to verify it myself.

Driving up a slope is just the same as driving on any other road. On a flat road you wouldnt shift into a higher gear if you didnt have enough momentum, would you? Similarly, on a incline, you cannot do he same. If you have stopped on an incline, you need 1st gear, period. If you have just started moving, shifting into 2nd will make the engine struggle a bit as it is loaded with less fuel (i.e. less revs). On an incline, you need to overspeed in a lower gear before you shift into a higher one- go to 20 or so before you shift into 2nd, for example, because by the time the gear engages completely, both the engine (in terms of rpm) and the car will have lost come of its momentum and you will feel a jerk. Nothing surprising about it, thats just getting used to driving on steep slopes that we dont do regularly.

For the record, my Swift (which is same as the Ritz mechanically) can go up bridges here in Mumbai even if 5th gear if I am doing 50+. At below that speed 4th is required.

I would just say learn to listen to what the car is telling you. If you do, you will hear it asking for a certain gear at a certain time. If you prefer to use the tachometer, keep it in the 1500 rpm range atleast before you change gear

Ameyam

My Ritzzzz giving me problem in battery after i fixed the original nippon keyless entry.

Can anyone help me my battery is keep on draining if my key less entry module is fixed in my car just one week refuse to start.
i have removed my key less entry from my car now the battery is in charged condition after 10 days too.

what maybe the issue in the key less entry. also this module is brand new and its working perfectly.

Please advice me what shall i do in this case?

i don't know whether this module has shock sensor in it and working or not, its active or De-active state i can't identify it.[frustration]

Ohh...This is very Sad to hear after so much effort you put to all modification.....

To Identify, Shock Sensor is ON or OFF - Park your car side of the empty Road and ask some one (or yourself) to Ride a Bike (preferable a heavy Bike) and Zoom Past over 65-70 kmph, If This trigger the Alarm - You know.

If not possible - Park your Car Road side with with Key Less ON where heavy vehicle such as Bus & Trucks ply on decent speed - They most defiantly able to serve the purpose.

Ohh...This is very Sad to hear after so much effort you put to all modification.....

To Identify, Shock Sensor is ON or OFF - Park your car side of the empty Road and ask some one (or yourself) to Ride a Bike (preferable a heavy Bike) and Zoom Past over 65-70 kmph, If This trigger the Alarm - You know.

If not possible - Park your Car Road side with with Key Less ON where heavy vehicle such as Bus & Trucks ply on decent speed - They most defiantly able to serve the purpose.
hai Arijith,

i don't know whether this module has shock sensor in it. i have done it it didn't trigger the siren at all. i have removed the module now, inner parts of it can any one suggest it has shock sensor in it.

Attachments

Isn't the NCS - The S stand for Shock Sensor ?
no i don't know the meaning of it but this one will be fixed in ZXI and ZDI variant module as you know i have key less module remote in the key itself.

I don't have the catalog for the alarm button operation to activate shock sensor.

This is NCS 777 i can't find the manual too.I have tried 555 model catalog doesn't suit the module program mode.

Regd. Fourth Service of my Maruti Ritz ZDI..

Hi friends,
This is my first post in this site.My New ritz is nearing 20K kms.I decided to go for fully synthetic oil.My questions are:
1)which is the best Fully synthetic oil for Diesel Engines like my Ritz.
2)Quantity of the engine oil to be purchased.
3)Shall I go with Engine drain.Is it good or Bad?
Also I want to share with you that my ritz Diesel is only giving around 15 kmpl in city conditions.After 3rd service (Engine oil change) it decreased from 16 to 15.I think that the maruti service didnt fill good oil.Also my car is not smooth.It is hard while driving.Now I want to change oil at some good private service center.
4)which service center is good near madhapur ,hi tech city @Hyderabad.
5)What are the other precautions to be taken in 4th service?

Please reply ASAP buddies'

Thanks in advance.
Raghuam.

Re: Regd. Fourth Service of my Maruti Ritz ZDI..

Hi friends,
This is my first post in this site.My New ritz is nearing 20K kms.I decided to go for fully synthetic oil.My questions are:
1)which is the best Fully synthetic oil for Diesel Engines like my Ritz.
2)Quantity of the engine oil to be purchased.
3)Shall I go with Engine drain.Is it good or Bad?
Also I want to share with you that my ritz Diesel is only giving around 15 kmpl in city conditions.After 3rd service (Engine oil change) it decreased from 16 to 15.I think that the maruti service didnt fill good oil.Also my car is not smooth.It is hard while driving.Now I want to change oil at some good private service center.
4)which service center is good near madhapur ,hi tech city @Hyderabad.
5)What are the other precautions to be taken in 4th service?

Please reply ASAP buddies'

Thanks in advance.
Raghuam.
For a while, do not research anything about synthetic or mineral oil, first go to a good service center. Hope you are near by Madhapur, visit Gem motors, kondapur workshop and meet service adviser shekar there and tell your problems of mileage. They will solve your issues. After 45k km I still get 18+ in city

Top Bottom