Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Issues with My Maruti Ritz VDi

Yes Jarpickle, I have noticed this in my car.

When I want to move it in reverse direction from stand still position, some times in first attempt in wont get into reverse, then I leave the gear road and leave the clutch too. I once again press the clutch fully and engage and normally gets in to reverse with the second attempt. I really do not know what must be the reason for this and heard same kind of things with other cars like Ford Figo, Swift

Re: Honda Brio Problems & Solutions

I am facing difficulty in applying reverse gear in my Ritz. What the guru's say? Shall I put the matter before next servicing?
A suggestion I got was:
before engaging reverse gear, put the first gear move the car a little and then engage reverse gear, it will most probably slot easier. some of the people I know practices this too(especially old drivers).

Re: Issues with My Maruti Ritz VDi

I am facing difficulty in applying reverse gear in my Ritz. What the guru's say? Shall I put the matter before next servicing?
Common issue in ritz
I think that the reverse gear is non synchromesh unlike the fwd gears.

What i do:
always remember that the reverse gear has a longer throw.If it gets stuck in the middle,i take it back to neutral and try to engage it again.
Works for me now but initially when i was new to this car got the gear stuck many times.

Maruti Ritz Technical Queries

Hai to all good to see you in New thread.

Here my topic is about is Air-con and how this working in a car.

We just know that when we start the car and switch on the AC cool air is circulated inside the cabin this.

I keep my research in how the Air-con part's and circuit works overall?

If any one interested in this can add there point too explore how the Air conditioner works in real time [surprise]

Also there are two AC one is manual ac and other one is auto AC which is only available in top end variant nowadays.

I have started my research and found that my car is lower variant LXI doesn't had a BCM till now will fix it soon and how the AC on is triggered to the ECM as the compressor relay power is triggered by the ECM when i press the AC on button was my 1st question?
as i know there is no CAN signal cable present Lxi but available in the Vxi and Zxi variants.

Any tech guru's can explore this?

Attachments

Ritz heavier than swift

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here.
I was searching for a car from last 6 months and finally finalised Maruthi ritz ZDI.(this is my first car, I have ktm duke 200)
But while searching i found some interesting>
As ritz and swfit diesel share the same engine. But i noticed that ritz is 60 kg heavier than the swift.

Any guesses why ?

Thread Starter #66
Ok so my baby crossed 1.24L Kms mark and just did a Major service. There is a problem with the turbo the kick is gone at 2k RPM, there is some amount kick at around 3000RPM but very slight.Now at 3K RPM the boost pressure is 112 (Kpa/psi?? dont remember the UoM). Do you guys have some idea on the ideal pressure at 2K RPM when we experience that push from the TC? The SA said that turbo is on the verge to die because as per him the TC must produce around 118 PSI/KPA at 2K RPM. But I am a bit reluctant to believe this as I think a boost leak test may reveal the real the culprit. Do you guys have any idea where I can take the car to get this test done? I don't want to visit a MASS i don't believe them. I live in Pune/Kothrud area.

Small query- we know that the ritz & swift ate mechanically the same. So do ritz owners with the lower trims (lx &vx) have the same braking softness problem under 10kmph which the swift lower trim owners have?
Ameyam

Small query- we know that the ritz & swift ate mechanically the same. So do ritz owners with the lower trims (lx &vx) have the same braking softness problem under 10kmph which the swift lower trim owners have?
Ameyam
No breaking softness problem. I have Ritz Vxi. But I can remember when the car just came out of showroom it did show some stiffness . Similar thing happened after my 1st paid servicing but it disappeared after a run of few kilometres.[:)]

Ameyam
As I had sold the Ritz and have a Swift now,I understand your issue.We have a feeling that the vehicle is not stopping as it is required.Right ? Have the same problem with Swift too but don't care as it is at low speeds and it may be our mind is making up all these issues. [:)]. After thorough checking found no issue with any Swift or Ritz.

Generalmax,

there is definitely an issue, it just doesn't brake at low speeds. Its only on the V and L trims, those with the z trim will not feel it as there is brake assist that adds to the force you apply on the pedal. The issue was well documented in the pre 2010 car and was said to be resolved with an ECU tweak.

To begin with, this is a wrong way to fix problems because its a software solution to a hardware problem. Maruti's official response is that the driver shouldn't brake with the clutch pushed in, which is dumb. If you don't declutch with the speed under 10kmph, when do you do? It doesn't happen at higher speeds because the engine develops sufficient vacuum to brake effectively.

I have been getting around this problem so far by braking earlier. Basically, I look at the car in front of the one I am driving behind and brake when that one does. It has the by-product of making my driving smoother. But there is a limit to this in that it doesn't work in bumper to bumper traffic. Final brake is good though and the MASS usually only checks that and asks you to press harder.

I have a service due on Friday, will ask them to resolve the issue then

Ameyam

Post 2010 swifts have lots of change,the one we have is Swift VXi 2014 and I have observed this issue and talked to the MASS and they said,cant do anything as it is made like that.What you are saying may be correct as ZXi has ABS and VXi and below don't have ABS.
Is it anything connected to that,you can check.

Biting point of Ritz [ Petrol]

Friends, I am driving my Ritz without assistance of any driver for about 1.5 years. What appears to me at the time starting the car from garage the clutch biting point remains at higher end without application of any gas. But after some running it goes down [ i.e clutch bites at lower point ]. But this is not the case for a slope,where it bites at higher end. You all know Ritz can be started without application of gas i.e on release of clutch it starts moving.
I also like to know whether clutch engages [ bites] at lower point if gas is applied simultaneously?
I also fail to recognise change in engine sound at biting point even after revving around 2000 rpm. Experts please comment.[cry]

Re: Biting point of Ritz [ Petrol]

Clutch biting at higher end first then lower end.
Am not so sure about the situation, but in fluid clutch mechanisms,there is a ncessary time interval so that the fluid changes to necessary viscosity levels after running for say about 2 min.So the play differs at initial and gradually becomes constant play action.
If you feel the biting point is not same as before,check clutch play adjustment.

To your query in engine sound,don't judge by engine revv ups in new cars, In engines of Hyundai (Even diesel),the NVH is so low ,you don't recognise the revv up till 3500 rpm.
Judge by Tachometer.

Hi Guys

I have Ritz Zxi, which is one year old. I am having an issue in this, I just want to know any one else faced it. The problem is the vehicle does not pull up in second gear when going uphill. The engine puts on lot of effort for a decent uphill road. Even in parking lots, when going upstairs it is unable to go in second gear. AC will be normally on when I observed it.

So, what is the problem here? I read in some forum that it could be because of air filter. Is it true?

Top Bottom