Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Issues with My Maruti Ritz VDi

May be the sound is from lower arm bushes or may be the lower arm has gone weak.

Also check the steering rack.

Problem: "Tak tak khad khad" side from front rhs wheel.
Suspecting: Steering rack loose, shock absorber bush gone or the shock absorber itself is gone.
I am sure this problem is associated to the steering rack. I had to get mine changed a few months ago (Alto). I was facing similar sound every time the wheel was turned even 30 degree from the home position. Also since the suspension had also went kaput, i could feel each and every pothole.

Thread Starter #48

I am sure this problem is associated to the steering rack. I had to get mine changed a few months ago (Alto). I was facing similar sound every time the wheel was turned even 30 degree from the home position. Also since the suspension had also went kaput, i could feel each and every pothole.
Well i think my issue is different. I think the sound is more closer to "ghad ghad ghad" and it only comes when going through a bad patch not when steering the wheels.

"khat khat" "ghad ghad" sounds..hmmmm i think i am giving Shivomani a run for his money. Sounds even which he cant produce[evil]

Fusion

After reading the thread, I would like to know from you as till how many kilometers your car was running without any issues, I mean from when the first issue started.

Second thing, please mention the km reading whenever an issue pops up which gives a fair idea that after running so many kilometers such issue is being reported. This all will help all the Ritz diesel owners like us, so that we will be prepared for such things[:)]

Thread Starter #50

Fusion

After reading the thread, I would like to know from you as till how many kilometers your car was running without any issues, I mean from when the first issue started.

Second thing, please mention the km reading whenever an issue pops up which gives a fair idea that after running so many kilometers such issue is being reported. This all will help all the Ritz diesel owners like us, so that we will be prepared for such things[:)]
Sure!!, the odo reading on top of my head as I can think of right now is somewhere around 75700 Kms or somewhere near around this figure. The ghad ghad issue started just when i returned from my recent goa trip. There were some bad road patches , which might have caused this steering rack/suspension bush issue. Or to put it in another way, the issue was waiting for the bad roads to come.

Thread Starter #51

I did not rectify the issue but Varun was bang on the target, the lower arm is a history now, I do not have time as of now to get it changed. The medic (Sai Service, JM Road technician) says you can drive it more like this but too much stress and the problem will travel upwards and will make whole assy go kaput. So planning do this next week.

I did not rectify the issue but Varun was bang on the target, the lower arm is a history now, I do not have time as of now to get it changed. The medic (Sai Service, JM Road technician) says you can drive it more like this but too much stress and the problem will travel upwards and will make whole assy go kaput. So planning do this next week.
Hmm, don't leave it just like that, it will become worst, so get it done soon[:)]

Do get it changed at the earliest, I had ignored it then got a big bill for even changing the tow ends.

Do update after you get these changed..

Thread Starter #54

The lower arms changed, brake caliper pins regreased. ghad ghad and chu chu chu (i am laughing on myself out loud as i write those words ghad ghad chu chu chu), well the latter sound is the belt. They say not an emergency case. Suggest when i get my egr valve cleaned next time they will replace the a/c belt which is what causing that sound this will save me extra labor cost.

Re: Honda Brio Problems & Solutions

I am facing difficulty in applying reverse gear in my Ritz. What the guru's say? Shall I put the matter before next servicing?

Last edited:

I am facing difficulty in applying reverse gear in my Ritz. What the guru's say? Shall I put the matter before next servicing?
Have you checked the level of the gear oil?

If your car is new the rubber bushes on the gear lever can be the cause.They take some time to loosen up.

If the car service interval calls for an oil change, get that done.The new oil should fix the issue.If you still face the issue after the oil change ask the service center to check the gear level bushes.Replace if worn, also replace any worn dust seals.

Have you checked the level of the gear oil?

If your car is new the rubber bushes on the gear lever can be the cause.They take some time to loosen up.

If the car service interval calls for an oil change, get that done.The new oil should fix the issue.If you still face the issue after the oil change ask the service center to check the gear level bushes.Replace if worn, also replace any worn dust seals.
Thanks! I will follow your advice. But the fact is the problem crops up only in reverse gear.Forward gears are OK

It is a common thing.Get your car serviced and check all the points that I have advised.Before you take the car back from the service center, take it for a test drive and check if the problem is still there.If it is, ask them to check all the points that I pointed out.

@Siddarth

I have never faced such issue in my Ritz. Check whether you are engaging the clutch completely or not as this is a common scenario of reverse gear issue

@Sidd7hartha:Do take a look at what Gurrala74 has pointed out.I am not sure about the clutch system in the Ritz, but in the Ertiga it is hydraulically actuated.Is there a clutch fluid reservoir in the engine bay.If yes,have you checked the level of the clutch fluid.In case of hydraulic clutches a lot of people have complained about a faulty clutch slave cylinder.

If it is a mechanical clutch controlled by a cable, you can get the cable adjusted if needed.

Get these adjusted accordingly so you do not have any problems while engaging and disengaging the clutch.

But do check what Gurrala74 pointed out.Just engage and disengage the clutch and then try reverse.See if that helps.

Top Bottom