Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #32
Re: Reporting 1st Issue in Maruti Ritz ZDi

@ fusion_defusion
What is the break up for
EGR cleaning
Fuel filter
Oil filter
And the oil change cost – quantity and rate.

This could work as ready to use kind of solution for the black smoke.
Apart from this there is question how did you come to know that there is continuous black smoke from your car,
Did you yourself notice it while driving or someone else updated you about black smoke.
During black smoke period did you observe changes in FE or performance of car.
EGR Cleaning:Rs200 (actually i checked with others they told me service center guys must have fumbled with this, it generally costs between 1000 and 2000 bucks.
Fuel Filter: 1040 + 133(Vat) labor cost waived off
Oil Filter : Will update soon
Oil Change- Qty 3.1 ltr will update the cost.

There was an issue with white smoke not black smoke. If you are talking about my first post where i say black smoke is always there, it is visible in the rear view mirror only when revved hard not otherwise.

That means I was correct![thumbsup]
Yes you were :)

There was an issue with white smoke not black smoke. If you are talking about my first post where i say black smoke is always there, it is visible in the rear view mirror only when revved hard not otherwise.
Means we all have to keep an eye on rearview mirror for smoke along with other objects and rpm too.

Congrats that you have arrested the issue well within time which has resulted in to savings.
Keep it up.
[drive]

Thread Starter #34

Keep a watch on RV mirror if only you need to see, if you know then look straight ahead becuase you know what is happening behind :)

Thread Starter #35

EGR Cleaning:Rs200 (actually i checked with others they told me service center guys must have fumbled with this, it generally costs between 1000 and 2000 bucks.
Fuel Filter: 1040 + 133(Vat) labor cost waived off
Oil Filter : Will update soon
Oil Change- Qty 3.1 ltr will update the cost.
Oil Filter: 334
Engine Oil: 762

Thread Starter #36

Oh my god its back again!, water in fuel filter light is on!.

I got the plug drained from a nearby garage (not a M.A.S.S) since i found this to be least risky to get a job done like this in a workshop like that and also the nearest mass is one on the pune bypass which is like 10kms from my workplace. Anyways, he did the drain and put the plug back and disconnected the -ve terminal from battery for 10 mins and reconnected. The light was still on.

Now everyone will be surprised with this, but the garage had a suzuki SDT (tech2) device and with my jaws still dropped he plugged in that into the OBD port and started running the disgnostics and said codes are clear!, I bowed down on him(ofcourse not physically :) ).

he says the sensor is faulty, i told him that i got it replaced in the extended warranty program, he says "aah you have said it all", pay for it not too costly just a dhakkan with a wire but you will get a genuine thing, mass sometimes replaces the warranty parts from a used car(dont know if i need to believe him or not but think again its india!). He said we dont have that sensor get it done in another MASS.I think i am not going to pay for it and will get it replaced again FOC.

He also said that the battery might have started cheating on you and be prepared for a new one if the faulty sensor replacement does not fixes it. The light serves two pupose the filter thingy and the battery thingy.

Anyone else with this prob?

Same problem with our swift.[frustration]My dad said that the problem may be due to battery.Now the thing is the light indication gone.A little off topic,my swift's 40k(my father service vehicle every 10k kms) it costed a whopping Rs8XXX.

Thread Starter #38

Update! UPdate!

The light is gone finally!. Its not the battery, the fuel filter coupler gasket was not fitted properly it was twisted, the mechanic told it was strange that there was no leak but what the hell problem is gone now!.

The sai service station (JM road) guy actually caught this as he too was suspecting battery issues, but he says if its the battery only the svs light comes on without any error codes not both of them.

The AGM workshop Mr bhosale actually knew about TAI and he says he regularly follows this when he gets time. Thanks to TAI i got some special attention while the car was being diagnosed!

Dear fusion_defusion:-
Leave the problems aside but first of all tell me from where you got the Ritz ZDi[surprise]??
Its not that I am against this topic but what I want to know is that since there is nothing on the earth called Ritz ZDi,the top end is ZXi for petrol and VDi ABS for diesel.
So there must be some error in the thread title,it may be a ZXi or VDi.Damn,I am a die hard Ritz fan(call me fanboy as nothing is better than Ritz in my views)and any topic with Ritz in its name attracts me.

Good to know that ur Ride (Ritz) is now trouble free.

@ Vipul

Fusion_Defusion has already mentioned before that ZDi is typo (post# 27)
May I please request to moderators correct the title of post.
Cheers and wish your Happy New year.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Reporting 1st Issue in Maruti Ritz VDi

The AGM workshop Mr bhosale actually knew about TAI and he says he regularly follows this when he gets time. Thanks to TAI i got some special attention while the car was being diagnosed!
Pleasantly surprised about that. Good to know that the issue has been diagnosed and rectified. :smile:

GMay I please request to moderators correct the title of post.
Thanks. Title updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #42

I think these niggles are not leaving me. Another one now.

The car losses pickup and jerks a lot when going uphill when driven single or with full load. Heavy black smoke with every jerk. I have to release accelerator and then re accelerate slowly to avoid jerks. sometime when doing 60 i have to deccelerate to 40 and start with 4th gear and engage top gear only once i am on 0 gradient.

Ruled out
1. Faulty diesel quality---tank is ok
2. Fuel Filter-- changed recently.

Suspecting
Turbo malfunction.

Thread Starter #43

Request admins to change the subject line to "Issues with my Ritz VDi" as lots of issues were reported in this thread and got resolved, hope this one will be gone too. Well sooner the better.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

Well, admins change the subject line as stated above. Reviving this thread again as i hate to say that the problem is still there and getting worse. Now the car goes into a micro stall after upshift from 2 to 3 on an incline, this happens till i release the accelerator and vanishes when i press it again, it feels like it is short of fuel or air or what not. Fuel filter was changed not long before. The maruti guys arent able to recreate this issue as it never happens when they test ride the vehicle. I think it only comes up when the engine is stressed on a warm day (never happens during night). MAF sensor, anyone?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
Re: Issues with My Maruti Ritz VDi

No replies?, ok the problem has gone automatically, i am suspecting bad fuel for this. Well but it not ends here, there are few more issues now.

Total Kms done till now :75526

All problems are audible[glasses]

Problem: "Tak tak khad khad" side from front rhs wheel.
Suspecting: Steering rack loose, shock absorber bush gone or the shock absorber itself is gone.

Problem:"Ching ching ching" sound when car is is motion. Again this sound comes from front rhs wheel, it feels like some metal parts are touching each other in cycles, this is similar to a sound which comes from a faulty shopping cart wheel. To make it more funny it sounds like "chu chu chu chu"[clap].

I dont have time to visit an A.S.S but i am woried as the chu chu chu sound is increasing day by day. The khad khad sound started once i was back from the goa trip(thanks to govt of karnataka state highway!!)

Any ideas what sound it is?

Top Bottom