Maruti Suzuki Might Revive Gypsy Again

Thread Starter #1
MSIL is set to revive the gypsy brand.According to information the update would be done in its engine.Probably the engines from the SX4 or Swift would be added to this car. The 1.2-litre K-series petrol engine uses VVT and produces 86 BHP of peak power at 6000 RPM and 114 Nm of peak torque at 4000 RPM and the 1.3-litre diesel DDiS motor on the other hand produces 89 BHP of peak power at 4000 RPM and 200 Nm of peak torque at 1750 RPM.A plastic fuel tank will also be there.The launch is expected to be in 2013. (MotorBeam)

Re: Maruti Suzuki Planning to Revive Gypsy?

If diesel Gypsy is coming with the Fiat engine then that will set the cash registers ringing for Gypsy, lot of people were put off by Gypsy only because its a Petrol Head

So now Gypsy will come with awesome engine option as well as long loved(lived) styling which is going to be an hit with enthusiasts who is longing to have a dieselised no nonsense off-roading vehicle.Then MS silently dropped off the Gimny's plan?

Ah! Good news for all Gypsy fans! Me for one as well. I have a plan to buy myself an off-roader, and with this news I see a lot of potential building up in the market [:)]

well guys dont get excited! maruti may also launch jimny well which is no where close to our gypsy!

Hello guys,

Maruti has updated their gypsy website after a very loooong time.check it out.bless the competition.i think something will happen sooner or later.

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for a fantastic find, Gokul. New website certainly looks better. I sincerely hope Maruti is planning for a mild upgrade (+ Diesel) rather than replacing the complete model. It would ensure my dream of owning a Gypsy in future is not shattered. :smile: Should this be considered as an initial indication for the revival of this legendary car?

Maruti-Suzuki-Gypsy-Brochure.jpg

Maruti Gypsy 2012 Brochure.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
Re: Maruti Suzuki Planning To Revive Gypsy?

Never seen any advertisement of the Gypsy in recent time.Is this due the Mahindra Thar?

350Z

Core Team
Re: Maruti Suzuki Planning To Revive Gypsy?

Just noticed that the length of Gypsy is 4010 MM. It is not difficult to avail tax benefit (therefore more reasonable pricing) by keeping it under 4M if Maruti decides to continue this model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Maruti must realise the fact that Gypsy can be a good seller if they can modernise it a bit. Bring the influence of Suzuki Jimny into Gypsy, get some safety features like ABS airbags etc and a diesel heart Gypsy will defenitly find place among the top sellers.

Top Bottom