Maruti Suzuki Kizashi Review & Pictures

350Z

Core Team
Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi Road Test Review

I think the black gearstick suits better and no chance for wooden finish because Suzuki has used it nowhere inside the car. And yes it does have push start if I'm not mistaken. Also check Maruti Suzuki Kizashi Indian website, it's really well designed. kizashi

Drive Safe,
350Z

Excellent review Dhaya.
The Kizashi does have the potential to capture the markets, but i wonder why the Maruti Suzuki has not yet allotted/trained its dealerships about this new model. Till date i have seen only 1 Kizashi here and that too a CG regn. one.

Nice review.
Have seen only one here with the KA reg. Hoping to see a few in the coming months.

Cheers.

350Z

Core Team

Excellent review Dhaya.
The Kizashi does have the potential to capture the markets, but i wonder why the Maruti Suzuki has not yet allotted/trained its dealerships about this new model. Till date i have seen only 1 Kizashi here and that too a CG regn. one.
It’s been only a couple of months since the launch of Kizashi and within this period, Maruti has managed to sell approximately 150 units only, if I’m not mistaken. Remember, this figure includes entire India – so the rarity is certain. I have not spotted any on road, either. Let’s wait and watch the figures to tell how Kizashi has performed in April 2011.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21

@ AMG As 350Z said i will also doing the road test reviews from now.

@ Djluv Well even i have not seen a single Kizashi till now ,just like Aria!

@ Umang Thanks buddy! Well the problem is apart from the powerful engine and performance nothing in the car will make you think the car is worth the price. If they had priced it against the likes of Civic , Altis and Cruze , Kizashi could have had a bright start.

@ Mukesh Thanks buddy! Yes some chrome bits could have been added to make the car's interiors better. Have the keys in your pocket and start the car , yes of course Kizashi has push button start. And hey no that black thing is the keyless entry system in Kizashi.

@ Akash Thanks buddy! Since this car is an import even dealers are having difficulties in having a TD car and a display car.

Thread Starter #22

Also i forgot to mention this , remembering this now only after seeing Akash's comment in his road test report.

The rubber sheet which is provided on the inside of the bonnet for absorbing was peeling off at some places. When i asked the guy who accompanied me , he was quite frank in admitting "This is the problem with Maruti Suzuki cars , quality issues do arise"

Although i seriously hope that this is just a one-off case. Such quality issues in a 20Lakh car is unacceptable! I have never faced this problem in any of our cars so far.

EDIT: Just saw the pictures on the previous page , check them out , its slightly visible.

Last edited:

Nice review, I was lucky enough to spot a Kizashi in Pune [lol]

Thats the only non-VFM Maruti I have ever seen. Sure, it looks good and the interiors are good, but it should have been priced lower. Even the 12L Mahindra XUV5OO defeats this fellow in terms of interior quality and equipment list. Only for those sports enthusiasts; not for those budget guys.

Due to low demand Maruti Suzuki has decided to stop importing the Kizashi sedan and is offering a Rs 5 lakh discount to clear stock

Just under 18 months of its launch, Maruti Suzuki has stopped import of the Kizashi sedan, a luxury car it hoped would help it graduate to the upper end of the market. The company is offering Rs 5 lakh discount on the vehicle to clear pending stocks, sources said.

The Kizashi is the second premium vehicle from Maruti Suzuki's stable that has proved to be a non-starter , the first one being the Grand Vitara SUV, which is also brought in only on specific orders.

Finding few takers for the Kizashi — Maruti's most ambitious foray into the luxury end of the market priced at Rs 16.5 lakh for the manual and Rs 17.5 lakh for automatic (ex-showroom Delhi) — the company has recently decided to bring the car only after receiving an order.

"Yes, it will come to India only when there are orders," Mayank Pareek, Managing Executive Officer (sales & marketing) told TOI here.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/maruti-suzuki-stops-kizashi-import/14643/

I am sure it wont be long before they remove this model from their product line up.

even with so many discounts no one seems to be inclined to buy this car!! i guess the fault lies with the pricing in the first place. no one seems to like a premium suzuki!!!

Till today i have not seen one kizashi on road [lol]
It would be if that had a diesel engine.
Not much people show interest to maruti with premium cars.

Maruti is offering Rs.5L discount on Kizashi.Good move by Maruti.As this Car had less demand,Maruti gave good discount after 1.9 Years of its launch.

Top Bottom