Maruti Suzuki Kizashi: Now Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with you. if they are pricing that big to compete with honda accord or camry directly then kizashi will badly suffer from poor response. does MSIL thinks us stupid who will pay 20 lakh for car that has cost less than 14 lakhs!? [anger]

Overall designing is quite appealing, but if they are targeting the full fledged D-Segment, that means primarily the target audience will be chauffer driven. Here’s where I am afraid because Kizashi is rather less on the rear space (Read Legroom), according to what I felt after sitting inside the car.
This is undeniably not a desired combination. I feel the Kizashi will be launched to compete with premium sedans in the vein of Civic and Cruze, if maruti is eyeing for a full fledged D-segment status for Kizashi, then certainly it will have the fate similar to that of the Grand Vitara.

350Z

Core Team
At least we can be assured that sooner or later, Maruti Suzuki will have to drop the price to a reasonable margin rather than withdrawing from the market, once they begin to locally manufacture it in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i agree with you. if they are pricing that big to compete with honda accord or camry directly then kizashi will badly suffer from poor response. does MSIL thinks us stupid who will pay 20 lakh for car that has cost less than 14 lakhs!? [anger]
A report in MSN India - Hotmail, News, Cricket, Bollywood, Video, Messenger, Download IE8 & More... says it will be priced around 12-14L or whereabouts. This clearly indicates, they are gunning straight at Civic and Altis. I really wonder how many would willingly plonk a million and a half when there are products from Toyota and Honda?

One of the most awaited launch of the year is not very far. Maruti Suzuki Kizashi is all set to launch on the 2nd of February. Heres what the ET reports.

NEW DELHI: Gearing up to intensify its play in luxury segment, car market leader Maruti Suzuki India will be launching its sedan Kizashi on the second of next month.

The vehicle, to be imported fully from parent Suzuki's facility in Japan, will be positioned between likes of Honda Accord and Toyota Camry at the upper end and Honda Civic, Volkswagen Jetta and Toyota Corolla at lower end. These cars are priced around Rs 12 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.

"This (Kizashi) is our attempt to be future ready, as we believe the A4 and A5 segment (luxury) is going to grow. It is small at the moment but the way the economy is growing, this segment is going to be big," Maruti Suzuki India Managing Executive Officer (Marketing & Sales) Mayank Pareek told PTI.

As per industry estimates, the size of the A4 and A5 segment is over 55,000 units per year.

"In another 5-7 years time, this volume is going to be big and to sustain our leadership position in the market we are looking at this segment seriously," he added.

MSI currently commands nearly 50 per cent of the total Indian car market which was at 1.87 million units in 2010.

Pareek said MSI will consider the option of assembling the Kizashi in India in future if the demand justified but declined to give a time frame.

Kizashi is powered by a 2.4 litre petrol engine and will be available in both manual and automatic transmission options and will be formally launched on February 2.

He said the launch of Kizashi is not only aimed at sales volume but also to understand customer needs for the upper luxury segment so that the company can meet their needs better.

"There are nine million Maruti Suzuki customers at present. Many of them want to move up and have been asking after the SX4, what next? What we are doing here is to provide them options in luxury segment," Pareek said.

MSI has been trying to get into the bigger car segment. While its first attempt with Baleno in the past didn't meet with much success, it has been able to make a mark with the mid-sized sedan SX4 in 2007.
Source: Economic Times

350Z

Core Team
A report in MSN India says it will be priced around 12-14L or whereabouts. This clearly indicates, they are gunning straight at Civic and Altis. I really wonder how many would willingly plonk a million and a half when there are products from Toyota and Honda?
According to this article on the same website, Kizashi is expected to be priced around Rs.16 - Rs.18 Lakhs. That is likely because the car will be brought as CBU in the starting phase but a turnaround success with that much of price tag is quite doubtful.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That is likely because the car will be brought as CBU in the starting phase but a turnaround success with that much of price tag is quite doubtful.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Agree upon that, I really wonder how many would willingly plonk close to 2 million on a MSIL product. Yes, its a CBU, fit and finish won't be on lines of Alto or Swift, in fact far more superior. Yet, the MSIL tag could adversely affect the perception of the car.

Hmmm 12-20Lakhs?? How many variants is Maruti planning to have , and i believe there in no diesel option also , so why the huge range in pricing??!!

And if this turns out to be true then the base variants will only be selling more. I feel Kizashi lacks the sophistication to compete with the likes of Accord , Passat and Camry!

350Z

Core Team
More details have emerged about upcoming Suzuki Kizashi. This car will be available only in Black, Silver and White colours, and it can take up to full eight weeks for delivery of your Kizashi once you place the booking. An official statement from MSIL’s Mayank Pareek:

This (Kizashi) is our attempt to be future ready, as we believe the A4 and A5 segment (luxury) is going to grow. It is small at the moment but the way the economy is growing, this segment is going to be big. In another 5-7 years time, this volume is going to be big and to sustain our leadership position in the market we are looking at this segment seriously. There are nine million Maruti Suzuki customers at present. Many of them want to move up and have been asking after the SX4, what next? What we are doing here is to provide them options in luxury segment.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Voila! This will be yet another the Most interesting car in 2011 and I believe that 2011 has started very well with the Key-za-she stepping into the Indian market :) Just watched the video at autocar india and I must admit that this car is not only an enthusiast car but also a great Chauffeur driven as well. It has got a very powerful 2.4 ltr petrol motor which sounds pretty sporty with those 175odd horses working underneath the hood. Now,Re the pricing part, we really need to compare which all cars in the price range of 15 to 16 lakhs do provide all those features which the Kizashi does like the most interesting Paddle shifters in the Auto version, 10 way power adjustable drivers seats with 3 position memory, Hill assist, etc. And, the last but not the least is the Peace of mind that MSIL does provide the Indian customers with affordable spares and wide service network. [thumbsup]
All in all I think Skoda, Honda, Toyota etc are definitely going to have a head on bang, and serious threat will come for these companies when Kizashi will come with a Powerful Diesel motor which MSIL might consider launching if they want to propel the sales[thinking]

Nice Drive the KizaaaaaSheeee is :biggrin: Looks are a mixed bag.
Depends on the pricing now. :suspect:

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Kizashi is a Japanese word. It’s pronounced as “Key-za-she”.
Furthermore, this is what Kizashi means in Japanese (From Wikipedia):
Kizashi means "omen", "sign", or "warning" possibly to suggest to other automobile manufacturers that the Kizashi is an example of products to come from Suzuki in the future.
Now,Re the pricing part, we really need to compare which all cars in the price range of 15 to 16 lakhs do provide all those features which the Kizashi does like the most interesting Paddle shifters in the Auto version, 10 way power adjustable drivers seats with 3 position memory, Hill assist, etc. And, the last but not the least is the Peace of mind that MSIL does provide the Indian customers with affordable spares and wide service network.
All in all I think Skoda, Honda, Toyota etc are definitely going to have a head on bang, and serious threat will come for these companies when Kizashi will come with a Powerful Diesel motor which MSIL might consider launching if they want to propel the sales
Link to Kizashi Global website for more feature details: Kizashi:Product Features | Global Suzuki

Nice Drive the KizaaaaaSheeee is Looks are a mixed bag.
Depends on the pricing now.
Do share the initial driving impressions sometime soon. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom