Maruti Suzuki Kizashi: Now Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi is likely to be launched by 2010. It is believed that the Suzuki Kizashi will be positioned against cars such as the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord in India. Price of the Kizashi is expected to be above Rs 12 lakhs in India. That does not mean much – if the car is going to be positioned in the D segment, it is possible that the price would be as high as Rs. 18 lakh.

The 2400 CC petrol engine produces 185 horsepower and 170 ft-lbs of torque. Reviews of the car mail international journalists indicate that the Suzuki Kizashi is reasonably good at cornering. Power is adequate, and an electronic stability programme with ABS and EBD are standard.

There are eight airbags in the Kizashi including the rear outboard passenger side airbags. There are air conditioning vents at the rear. Just like the recently launched Chevrolet Cruze, the Kizashi comes with keyless push button start and entry, electric mirrors and central locking. The steering wheel is tilt/telescopic adjustable, and features audio controls.

Karthik.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kizashi will not directly enter in to D segment!

It will be in upper C+segment & entry D Segment.

It will compete with Civic, Corolla & recently launched Cruze.

The car looks good.The front some how reminds us of the SX4.

But i don't think it will be launched with the 2400 CC,185 horses engine.

350Z

Core Team
The Kizashi very much reflects the face of younger brother SX4 and the rear of car looks sporty.

It is believed that the Suzuki Kizashi will be positioned against cars such as the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord in India.
I doubt on this, The Suzuki will place it compete with the all new Chevrolet Cruze, Honda Civic etc and it should be available under 12lakhs bracket, Otherwise don't know how many takers will it have because currently the Indian Mindset is :
Cheap + VFM = Maruti !

kathik said:
Lets hope this will change the face of Suzuki in India.
Why? Whats wrong with the face of Suzuki in India?
MSIL is a well known reliable and trusted brand here as I've told above.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #6
The Kizashi very much reflects the face of younger brother SX4 and the rear of car looks sporty.

I doubt on this, The Suzuki will place it compete with the all new Chevrolet Cruze, Honda Civic etc and it should be available under 12lakhs bracket, Otherwise don't know how many takers will it have because currently the Indian Mindset is :
Cheap + VFM = Maruti !

Why? Whats wrong with the face of Suzuki in India?
MSIL is a well known reliable and trusted brand here as I've told above.

Drive Safe!
350Z
MSIL never had a vehicle powerful of 185 hp.
Suzuki's costly vehicle Vitara was not successful this vehicle is a little high priced i think.
Its just my opinion 350Z.

Karthik.

Last edited:
Launched in Japan!!

Suzuki has officially launched its Kizashi sedan in the home Japanese market. The car hit the showrooms earlier this week.

Kizashi is the most ambitious and one of the most important launch for Suzuki yet, which until now was only famous for making small fuel efficient cars and superbikes. The new sedan catapults Suzuki straight into the big league with the likes of Toyota and Honda.

Suzuki Kizashi comes powered with a 2.4 Litre 4 Cylinder DOHC Variable Valve Timing engine with a maximum power for 188 ps and a healthy 230 nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-Speed transmission which sends the power to all wheels to provide smooth acceleration and superior cornering abilities.

Suzuki has also worked hard on the NVH with sound absorbing and insulating measures throughout the body and high capacity dual exhauts to supress the low frequency booming noise.

The Kizashi is Suzuki’s new flagship model. It offers bold, sporty styling; a refined cabin that’s the result of careful craftsmanship; equipment that reflects a focus on comfort; and exhilarating performance. Plus, it combines sporty handling with great ride comfort thanks to extensive testing and fine-tuning on roads in Europe and North America.

“Kizashi” is a Japanese word meaning “a sign of great things to come”. As the name of Suzuki’s new flagship model, it reflects the dynamic, forward-looking approach with which Suzuki takes up new automaking challenges.

Suzuki plans to launch the Kizashi in the United States after launching it in Japan.

Features of the Kizashi

Bold and sporty styling

• Contours that include taut shoulder lines running from the headlamps to the rear combination lamps express power befitting a car of the Kizashi’s class.
  • The rear deck is contoured for both aerodynamics and aesthetics.

Refined interior design

• Features including an exquisitely designed centre console and satin-finish chrome-plated details convey both sportiness and craftsmanship in the cabin.

High performance

• The J24B 2.4-litre engine delivers maximum output of 138kW (188PS) and maximum torque of 230N/m (23.5kg/m). A variable intake system and dual mufflers contribute to superior intake and exhaust efficiency.
  • Where four-wheel drive is specified, it’s delivered by an intelligent all-wheel drive (i-AWD) system that realizes smooth off-the-line acceleration and great cornering performance. Plus, a synergetic vehicle dynamics control system acts on the i-AWD system and electric power steering system to suppress body movements and keep the car stable. (Where two-wheel drive is specified, the synergetic vehicle dynamics control system acts only on the power-steering system.)

Source - Cubic Capacity

350Z

Core Team
Last month I got a special chance to examine Kizashi at Auto Expo, This car is un-doubtly stylish as well as luxurious and could definitely be a serious threat to Cruze which took no time to win the hearts of Indian audience after release.

The Kizashi has interior combination of black and silver chrome touch, Added a classy looking dashboard with a nice quality of plastics. However I didn’t found the rear to be much spacious as my legs were struggling to get a room. Rest of the idea of this elegant saloon can be taken from pictures below.

Also, Read this statement by Gene Brown, (VP Suzuki America):
The Kizashi is going to be sold in India. I do not think the launch in India is that far in the future.”
So, We should expect the Kizashi to roll out on Indian shores soon but when? It still remains a question.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This car could well shut the door for many sedans with its loyal Maruti customers!! City and Cruze may face some trouble with this car!!

But the Grand Vitara din do well! Maruti has always clicked well in Hatches not in the other segments!! SX4 is also not doing well when compared to other cars from Maruti!! The lack of a diesel engine will surely hurt them!!

I really doubt about the sucess of maruti in premium segments.

Few people buy cars not only for comfort, but also for brand value.

In this terms Maruti is no where in the league with Honda or Toyota!

I think Suzuki is now making definite moves in the European and American markets to move to more profit from lesser numbers in the larger sized vehicles.
India will see those cars come thru the MSIL route too.
And while I agree the Toyotas and the Hondas have higher brand images, Maruti does have the marketing and network clout to give them uneasy nights.

350Z

Core Team
But along with Brand Image who won't prefer a Value For Money product when paying an amount of Rs.10+ Lakhs? This is where the Kizashi will score higher than rivals like other Maruti Suzuki products which are a no exception and hence, Starts shooting the sales charts right next day after release.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Maruti will be praying for that.
But I think that in the 1 million + bracket, people may give more weight to image and brand value too.

350Z

Core Team
Yes but we shouldn’t forget that this is a cost conscious world,Of course every one wants full of what he pays which is not ONLY limited to brand value, Maruti’s first try in upper segment by introducing Vitara didn’t proved to be successful due to some of the factors where Maruti Suzuki didn’t concentrated on, such as lack of diesel in a SUV, towering price etc. but the game in sedan segment is different and I believe if Maruti Suzuki sensibly slots Kizashi (like the hatch siblings), It should be the sure shot seller and moreover, Maruti is a no new player in country which needs an introduction.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes so the pricing is the key for the success of Kizashi!! Must be competing with the Civic , Altis and Cruze!! Else we are going to see a similar story like the Vitara!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom